Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineQuick Blaze
Messenger

Loc: On My Way
ethyl alcohol...where to get it?
    #1457702 - 04/14/03 04:44 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I went to my local liquor store to buy some ethyl alcohol and the guy said it's not sold in canada...is this true?...or does anyone else know where to get it in Ottawa?.. :confused:

--------------------
"Life is one BIG road with Lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't you complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality "

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineA0999
Disco ish
 User Gallery

Loc: TEXUS
Re: ethyl alcohol...where to get it? [Re: Quick Blaze]
    #1457730 - 04/14/03 04:55 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

what? that guy is crazy. thats what you drink everytime you drink alcohol.

--------------------
Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: ethyl alcohol...where to get it? [Re: A0999]
    #1457811 - 04/14/03 05:23 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

lol
I'm guessing he means pure ethyl :tongue:

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #1457831 - 04/14/03 05:33 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

yeah you take 10 pounds of frozen corn, add like 3 pounds of sugar, and some yeast, let it sit for a few, rough filter the mash with a friggin bath towel, whatever, stick the resultung gunk in a distiller, when you got some good stuff filter it through activated charcoal and then get smashed or extract some shit. thats in a major nutshell.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #1458032 - 04/14/03 07:00 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

You could always make an account with a big chemical supply company and order it that way. Or you can just order everclear pure grain alcohol online from internetwines.com.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#1458745 - 04/14/03 10:02 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

just buy some vodka and distill it. it's SO easy to distill alcohol! i have a diagram of a ghetto still around here somewhere...

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Re: ethyl alcohol...where to get it? [Re: felix]
    #1459194 - 04/15/03 01:17 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Distilling is a pain in the ass. I had to distill denatured alcohol in chem lab, to seperate the alcohols. With water and alcohol it'll be a lot easier as the boiling points are much farther apart, but still, you got to build a frickin moonshine still for crying out loud. That's some work there, especially if you're bad at building things like I am, and then operating the jerryrigged thing won't be the funnest thing you ever did either. Easier to just buy it locally or import it if you can't.

--------------------

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

Re: ethyl alcohol...where to get it? [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #1459349 - 04/15/03 03:01 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

you don't have to go through all that hard stuff. you can use plastic bottles and junk. of course, it's much better to use a real metal still...but this is just for some simple alcohol.
-tubing, like the stuff for aquarium air pumps
-a little silicon sealant. just a small 2$ tube.
-a big plastic jug, like a gatorade jug. full of ice and water.
-some plastic containers with lids that won't melt in semi-boiling water. like plastic bottles or tupperware
-some boiling water...

now, this diagram is pretty crude, but the basic idea is there and it works. just Remember, the tube should have adownhill run unlike the diagram shows. tube should start around top of stove, and flow downward into the condenser then downward into the last container.

i've found some rubbing alcohol that uses ethanol instead of isopropanol...but a high quality or overproof vodka should work just as good.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#1459354 - 04/15/03 03:03 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

of course..if you have the cash, you can check out these tabletop stills and other glassware stuff. http://www.crucible.org/Laboratory.htm#DISTILLATION

--------------------

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

#1459926 - 04/15/03 10:35 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

If you see rubbing alcohol made of ethanol be careful. It must be denatured (mixed with methanol) or somthing to be sold over the counter. Otherwise it would just be vodka.

--------------------

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

Re: ethyl alcohol...where to get it? [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #1461360 - 04/15/03 06:04 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

it's definitely denatured, but not with methanol. it has 30% water and small amount of 'bitters' which are easily left behind in the distillation process.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale