Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAdam553
workin' on it...
Male

Loc: United States, Connecticu...
plan for button mushrooms/ shittake
    #14561517 - 06/04/11 07:22 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i recently started working with agar, so i thought i might be able to clone some button mushrooms.

correct me if this isn't right, but i read up and from what i understand you can clone mushrooms to agar by slicing the mushroom in half and cutting off peices from the inside that are clean. is this right?

anyway after that i would spawn it to some WBS. i started using it on shittake and apparently it works pretty well.

then i would transfer the colonized WBS to coir, would that work?

also i've been using WBS to get spawn for shittake, is that an okay substrate?

--------------------
The List: Caffeine, Nicotine, Morphine, Codine, Dilaudid, Amphetamine, Psilocybin, LSA, Alcohol, Salvia Divinorum, Nitrous

To Do List: Mescaline, DMT, LSD, MAOI, Yopo, MDA

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemister
Nature nut
 User Gallery

Re: plan for button mushrooms/ shittake [Re: Adam553]
    #14564860 - 06/05/11 02:24 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Adam553 said:

then i would transfer the colonized WBS to coir, would that work?

also i've been using WBS to get spawn for shittake, is that an okay substrate?

Well as far as wbs I do not use it. Wheat all the way here, but coir is not suitable for either mushroom named above. Shiitake needs wood logs or sawdustbags.Button mushrooms need compost.

--------------------

:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:AMU Q & A thread:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:

Offlinesolumvita
Q.B.E.
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
Re: plan for button mushrooms/ shittake [Re: mister]
    #14568855 - 06/06/11 10:51 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Rather tear the mushroom open, you introduce contams into the cut with the scalpel.

wbs is fine for spawn but not for bulk substrate.  read the jedi's comments

--------------------
One of these days all the answers will be revealed until then we learn from each other!

www.mushrush.co.za

Offlinedeadmandave
Slime
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: plan for button mushrooms/ shittake [Re: solumvita]
    #14573995 - 06/07/11 11:34 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

also most mushrooms from the store have a chance that they're near their genetic end. The big mushroom companies expand the mycelium many many times and if you clone one of their shrooms you will not be able to make very many transfers with it before scenesense puts the kaibosh on your experiments.  It would be better to clone wild mushrooms :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate