Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineKingEmblem
Cannaisseur
Male User Gallery

Loc: LA
Mastering the Smokeless Exhale
    #14549440 - 06/02/11 05:03 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Okay, this IS a long read, but I believe there is actual benefit to the reader, because I have included a step by step guide.
I would make a TL;DR version of this post with just the steps on how to do it, but I don't want people hurting themselves through oxygen deprivation. :inbred:

Lately I've been noticing that on some of my hits, I exhale very little or no smoke. This always amazes me, and I would like to think it is because my body has literally absorbed it all. :eek:

Now now, I know this isn't unheard of, but I rarely see it mentioned, and especially never when someone asks how best to conserve their weed.

I found this thread worthy because I think I've figured out how to do it with a fairly high success rate, which I will share with you all for the benefit of our community. This may only be possible for seasoned stoners. :stoned:

-First, take several deep breaths. This makes it easier to hold it in for longer. Now, clear your lungs of ALL air. You want max capacity. Before I used to start with a bit of oxygen in my lungs, but now I exhale to the point where I can't anymore and my chest sinks in.

-Take a slow roasting, calm hit, all the while also letting in just a bit of oxygen along the way. DO NOT IGNORE THIS!!! Since you cleared your lungs completely already, you will feel the lack of oxygen, it will be harder to hold the hit in, and you are possibly harming your brain.

-You can take a big hit, I still take the same size hits as I always do, which is enforced by the fact that I use a one-hitter pipe 90% of the time (it only fits enough for one fatty toke, and I know when I put too much because it clogs :facepalm:). BUT do not take such an exaggerated hit that you cannot hold the smoke in. Also do not take such a densely retarded hit that there's no oxygen in it...this either makes The Smokeless Exhale impossible or dangerous to your brain. People always blow out HUGE clouds after holding it in 5 seconds..and they wonder how an eighth lasts them 1-2 days. The worst is they think it's super cool. Okay, maybe if you're hanging with friends/partying it might be, but otherwise it's just "lolol look how much smoke I am NOT absorbing!!!" :facepalm:

-Okay, the big step. After 10 seconds or so of holding in your oxygen-rich hit, breathe in some MORE air. This will not work if your lungs are bursting, so don't take retard hits. Wait 5 more seconds, breathe more in. Either I'm special :kingtard: or the longer you hold it in, the more oxygen you can eventually breathe in. In my mind, this is pushing the smoke DEEPER into your lungs. Every ~5 seconds, breathe more in. Eventually, and not after too long either, it won't be an effort to hold it because you'll be taking in air also.

-Now, just exhale partially, see if any smoke comes out. Regardless if any does (better safe than sorry, sometimes none appears to come out at first but some will eventually if you keep going), stop and inhale just once more. Wait a bit, exhale. Voila! If done correctly, there should be no smoke and you should be feeling super baked.  :pipesmoke:

Now now, I know some people will argue against this. I've thought this through:

A lot of people will argue that you do not get higher holding a hit in longer than 10 seconds or so. I think this might be true, BUT you still blow out roughly the same amount of smoke holding it in for 30 vs. 10 seconds. Also, when you blow the smoke out and conserve it in something, or blow it into another person's mouth, it works just about as well. So there MUST be actives in it. Saying your lungs absorb all the actives and the smoke is carcinogens is an ASSUMPTION, one that is false from my observations. There ARE AT LEAST actives in the smoke still: the smoke still works. Even hotboxing would be unpopular if the smoke was bunk. Plus, subjectively, I feel higher. All my muscles are vibrating, and my heart beats considerably (not in a panicky way) on each hit. Note I am smoking sativa, so I feel stimulated, even fucking jittery, but it feels good, like vibrations. :feelshighman:

Disclaimer: First off, I consider myself pretty good at holding smoke in. From a short one hitter, that is, unfiltered, uncooled smoke, I usually hold a hit in about 15-25 seconds, exhale partially, reinhale, hold another ~15 and release....AKA ghosting, fairly common and should be practiced by all IMO. I am in decent shape (not trying to be humble, I used to be more athletic and that was great shape, now it is just good) and I have pretty good lung capacity, can hold my breath minute+, etc. This is just important to mention because I'm not sure you could pull off The Smokeless Exhale without good holding ability in the first place. Also, I always let a bit of air in with my hits, cooling it down significantly. Heat is not related to lung capacity. :lol:

Another word of caution, do not do this with tobacco in your weed, either mixed in or in a blunt wrap. I also reckon this would be impossible or super hard to do with extremely thick smoke, like a lot of SUPER dank hash. Holding those hits in for too long feels like death, your lungs feel like they're caving in. :lol: Be careful with how toasted this gets you, too.

Try this out. I am almost too high. I'm fucking twitching, random muscles are spazzing out and shit (man I love sativas!!). Look how much I babbled. :psychsplit:

--------------------

triptych

Edited by KingEmblem (06/02/11 07:51 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDosile Kouki
derp

Loc: Paradise
Re: Mastering the Smokeless Exhale [Re: KingEmblem]
    #14549474 - 06/02/11 05:29 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

tl;dr

you can do a smokeless exhale by just holding the smoke for ages.

--------------------

OfflineKingEmblem
Cannaisseur
Male User Gallery

Re: Mastering the Smokeless Exhale [Re: Dosile Kouki]
    #14549498 - 06/02/11 05:44 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DosileFlynn said:
tl;dr

If this is so obvious why does nobody ever post it when people ask for tips on conserving weed? It's like even just taking a hit, it may be as simple as "put smoking device to lips, light, inhale, exhale" but you see people torching their weed completely, packing huge bowls where the last half of the hits taste burnt as fuck, not holding it in at all, etc. It's an art, and holding it in is part of it, a huge part! If you tell someone to simply "hold the smoke for ages," they're likely to take a non-oxygen enriched hit, be unable to hold it for longer than 20 seconds, feeling like passing out and eventually just exhaling all the smoke by force anyway. They won't get any higher, they'll probably start coughing too from trying to hold in a bursting lungful of hotass weed smoke for 30+ seconds. Then these people will say that holding it for longer than 5 seconds doesn't get you more baked. :smirk:

--------------------

triptych

OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

#14549512 - 06/02/11 05:50 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Smokeless exhale is gay.

Breathing through the nose directly after/while taking a hit = win.

--------------------

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

#14549569 - 06/02/11 06:13 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DosileFlynn said:
tl;dr

/thread

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

OfflineDosile Kouki
derp

Re: Mastering the Smokeless Exhale [Re: Enjoywho] * 1
    #14549576 - 06/02/11 06:16 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

nah c'mon someone converse with him , he's put alot of effort into it. i'm just to lazy to digest it all.

--------------------

OfflineKingEmblem
Cannaisseur
Male User Gallery

#14549639 - 06/02/11 06:39 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DosileFlynn said:
nah c'mon someone converse with him , he's put alot of effort into it. i'm just to lazy to digest it all.

:lol:

It's alright, I'm used to being ignored. :foreveralone:

Although honestly, if the OP takes you longer than 10 minutes to read, you might want to practice reading. With books. And honestly, what kind of a useless response is tl;dr? The post is so long that instead of reading something with actual content, you're going to skip it and continue to read endless one liners and emoticons instead...all day. Essentially still reading something, just with a lot less thought put into it.

I'm still very high from the smokeless exhale I took while writing this thread. I can still feel my heart beating excessively hard. I used to think people were bullshitting when they said they got high that long from one toke, either that or they have a very low tolerance. Ya know, people who brag about having a high tolerance piss me off. That's like a fat person bragging about how much food it takes them to get full. Maybe they think they're better at smoking if they smoke more weed. Maybe an obese person thinks he's better at eating than everybody else, too. :shrug:

--------------------

triptych

InvisibleMicawber
Male User Gallery

Loc: southeast
    #14549662 - 06/02/11 06:48 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

posting to read later

--------------------
(mik-kaw'-bur) n. one who is poor but lives in optimistic expectation of better fortune:nyan:

OfflineDosile Kouki
derp

#14549678 - 06/02/11 06:55 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

OK i've just read everything.

I don't smoke anymore but i was a megga bong head back in the day, so i'm rather knowledgeable about smoking.

It's a good method, and actually your method gets the most out of the substance your smoking. A similar user on here posted a similar method of smoking DMT, whereby you make yourself hyperventilate beforehand and starve yourself of air before you inhale the active smoke/vapor. and this gives you the most efficiency from whatever drug you are smoking. it will give you the strongest effects possible from the smallest ammount of the product.

But the only two things i have against this method are:

(1) it seems like it will be a rather large effort every time you are having a cone to do this. sure it will conserve weed, but it will be alot of extra work, which frankly, when im high as shit, i can't really be bothered doing. i'd rather just pull a nice relaxed cone , and exhale comfortably, as opposed to collapsing my lungs, inhaling to 80% capacity, and holding for as long as i can and taking extra breathes. but to each their own. its your weed, you can smoke it how you like. :shrug:

(2) i'm unsure on the 'optimum' hold time for any smoke/vapor that will give the lungs enough time to absorb majority, or all of the smoke/vapor before exhaling. because thats really the main goal here. where thats 10seconds, 30 seconds, or a minute. I would be alot more inclined to try this method with something that is Vaporized, and not smoked. **now this is unsubstantiated** but i believe that inhaling something that has been burned and smoked, i.e. a cone, will have all of the excess ash and dirty stuff in the smoke, regardless of how many chambers you have on your bong and filters and what not. for this reason, i dont really want to hold the smoke in my lungs for very long, out of fear of carsinogens and whatnot. however i don't imagine this same problem occuring with vaporized material.

also i don't think there is a risk of brain damage or anythign as a result from holding your breathe for too long or anything, regardless of what smoking method one chooses.

it's not that i cant read; i can actually read rather well. i was just lazy thats all. but kudos to you for putting alot of effort into this thread and your discussions. thats a great thing :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleShadOWCrack
~~~LOOKING DOWN THE SCOPE~~~
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: EVERY WHERE
Re: Mastering the Smokeless Exhale [Re: Micawber]
    #14549687 - 06/02/11 06:59 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

lol ur lungs only take it in for 7 secs and stop, but taking in more o2 restarts the process.

lol i do it allll the time

:getstoned:

--------------------
AMU=Amateur Mycologists United

AMU ------->:opensign:--->:goatse:<---:opensign:<------Q&A
:squirrelnut:I'm just a squirrel man, trying to get a nut:urinate:

:v::v:

:opensign: VVV Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV :opensign:

InvisibleLocky
Dont Spill Me!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Over here, yes, here
Re: Mastering the Smokeless Exhale [Re: ShadOWCrack]
    #14549716 - 06/02/11 07:12 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I passed out from a huge hit a few weeks ago. Not fun.

When i woke up i could not remember what happened and i was soooo high!

I was freaking out

:banhamster:

--------------------

Offlinesaxcidjazz
Male

Re: Mastering the Smokeless Exhale [Re: Locky]
    #14549762 - 06/02/11 07:25 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I used to do something similar religiously.  I still clear the air out of my lungs before inhaling and such but holding for more than 5 seconds seems like a waste of lung to me.  All you're getting is oxygen deprivation, even if you're sipping in more.  And I get super baked :bobmarley:.  One thing I've noticed about smoking weed is your body pretty quickly seems to adjust to the levels of THC you put in it too.  I.E., if you actually did get more from killing your lungs then you'd always have to do that to get stoned and if you always did the normal 3-7 second thing you'd never know the difference.  Hope that made sense.

OfflineKingEmblem
Cannaisseur
Male User Gallery

#14549788 - 06/02/11 07:34 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DosileFlynn said:
OK i've just read everything.

I don't smoke anymore but i was a megga bong head back in the day, so i'm rather knowledgeable about smoking.

It's a good method, and actually your method gets the most out of the substance your smoking. A similar user on here posted a similar method of smoking DMT, whereby you make yourself hyperventilate beforehand and starve yourself of air before you inhale the active smoke/vapor. and this gives you the most efficiency from whatever drug you are smoking. it will give you the strongest effects possible from the smallest ammount of the product.

But the only two things i have against this method are:

(1) it seems like it will be a rather large effort every time you are having a cone to do this. sure it will conserve weed, but it will be alot of extra work, which frankly, when im high as shit, i can't really be bothered doing. i'd rather just pull a nice relaxed cone , and exhale comfortably, as opposed to collapsing my lungs, inhaling to 80% capacity, and holding for as long as i can and taking extra breathes. but to each their own. its your weed, you can smoke it how you like. :shrug:

(2) i'm unsure on the 'optimum' hold time for any smoke/vapor that will give the lungs enough time to absorb majority, or all of the smoke/vapor before exhaling. because thats really the main goal here. where thats 10seconds, 30 seconds, or a minute. I would be alot more inclined to try this method with something that is Vaporized, and not smoked. **now this is unsubstantiated** but i believe that inhaling something that has been burned and smoked, i.e. a cone, will have all of the excess ash and dirty stuff in the smoke, regardless of how many chambers you have on your bong and filters and what not. for this reason, i dont really want to hold the smoke in my lungs for very long, out of fear of carsinogens and whatnot. however i don't imagine this same problem occuring with vaporized material.

also i don't think there is a risk of brain damage or anythign as a result from holding your breathe for too long or anything, regardless of what smoking method one chooses.

it's not that i cant read; i can actually read rather well. i was just lazy thats all. but kudos to you for putting alot of effort into this thread and your discussions. thats a great thing :thumbup:

First off, it surprises me that you don't smoke anymore, especially considering your avatar. :lol: Second of all, I didn't mean to insult you or anybody for reading the Shroomery all day. Hell, I read Shroomery all day, I just mainly lurk. Any enjoyable use of time is a-okay in my book. Finally, I didn't mean to insult you and your reading/writing ability in specific,  even though it might have sounded like that. I just like to write using a general "you" and "your," probably because it's convenient (also convincing, probably because people start to feel like you've figured them out personally). I think it's called second person perspective. With that in mind...

I'm sorry, but you (niggas in this thread  :angrykidface:) cannot tell me that this is so obvious and common sense that a whole bunch of people never even considered doing this when they post threads about how weed is so expensive, that they burn through an eighth in a day. People so desperate to smoke that instead of taking a tolerance break, they scrape their pieces and smoke the resin. :puke: I realllllllly doubt a smokeless exhale is more damaging to your lungs than "resin," a euphemism for tar. Yet when people REALLY want to get high, they smoke resin all day. They don't give a single fuck really. I can't even hold in resin for longer than 5 seconds, just due to the psychological factor that I'm putting that into my lungs (okay, the taste is awful too).

Weed is fucking expensive. So to me this is worth doing, of course not all the time. Sometimes I get so lazy I don't even hold it for 10 seconds, or I cough out all the smoke from inhaling way too much. To me, it is much less effort to hold my weed in perfectly than it is to earn the money to buy it. Yeah we have medical in Cali but the dankest is still $60 an eighth. From my estimation, only certain areas of Canada have similar quality bud for much cheaper. National medical is the shit, BTW. Props to Cannada. :stoned:

Good mention on the hyperventilation thing. I don't know if I hyperventilate per se, but I definitely always make sure to take several large, deep breaths before attempting one of these smokeless exhales. But I'm just a shallow breather when I'm not paying attention to it. :/

Thanks for reading.  :kenthumbup:

--------------------

triptych

InvisibleShadOWCrack
~~~LOOKING DOWN THE SCOPE~~~
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: EVERY WHERE
    #14549793 - 06/02/11 07:37 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

lol i feel ya brah, iam doing it ATM

:stoned2:

it lasts longer IMO

--------------------
AMU=Amateur Mycologists United

AMU ------->:opensign:--->:goatse:<---:opensign:<------Q&A
:squirrelnut:I'm just a squirrel man, trying to get a nut:urinate:

:v::v:

:opensign: VVV Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV :opensign:

Offlinesaxcidjazz
Male

Re: Mastering the Smokeless Exhale [Re: ShadOWCrack]
    #14549804 - 06/02/11 07:41 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I'll try it once again just for you, but I hold no high hopes.  For the record, I don't smoke resin either.. that shit gets washed out with alcohol.  I can wait until I have buds again.

OfflineKingEmblem
Cannaisseur
Male User Gallery

Re: Mastering the Smokeless Exhale [Re: saxcidjazz]
    #14549817 - 06/02/11 07:45 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

maestroelite said:
I used to do something similar religiously.  I still clear the air out of my lungs before inhaling and such but holding for more than 5 seconds seems like a waste of lung to me.  All you're getting is oxygen deprivation, even if you're sipping in more.  And I get super baked :bobmarley:.  One thing I've noticed about smoking weed is your body pretty quickly seems to adjust to the levels of THC you put in it too.  I.E., if you actually did get more from killing your lungs then you'd always have to do that to get stoned and if you always did the normal 3-7 second thing you'd never know the difference.  Hope that made sense.

This is a good point, and really just a problem with tolerance in general. But I find it helps if you stop smoking once you realize you're already high (to me, weed has a ceiling, unless you just came off a tolerance break, when more psychedelic shit starts to happen). So instead of taking 3-4 regular hits within an hour, like I usually do, one of these would last me an hour, and I wouldn't smoke more until the intensity faded. Some people like to smoke through their whole stash in a single run, though, and they don't tend to get much higher. BUT this is a GREAT way to smoke if you only do it, say, once a week. Because then your tolerance is low enough to not hit the ceiling.

Really, this is just a method to conserve weed, not get higher, at least not for very long as yes, your body would acclimate to it. Although I'm sure if you took a bunch of these hits, you might get violently high...but then you're just raping your tolerance. I bust out the hash when I want that. :shrug:

--------------------

triptych

OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

#14549842 - 06/02/11 07:53 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

If you're holding your inhales for more than 20-30 seconds, especially consistently and consecutively you are damaging your body and potentially your brain.

--------------------

OfflineKingEmblem
Cannaisseur
Male User Gallery

Re: Mastering the Smokeless Exhale [Re: Humility]
    #14549871 - 06/02/11 08:02 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Disagree. Hold your breath for 30 seconds (or as long as it takes to get your lungs to start feeling weird). Now, breathe in more oxygen. Do you still feel as breathless? Obviously you still have to exhale the carbon dioxide, which is what is being exhaled on a smokeless exhale, instead of all that expensive smoke.

--------------------

triptych

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

#14549929 - 06/02/11 08:24 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

This sounds like bad news...

Just buy some quality weed, take a normal hit and be blazed as fuck. It doesn't take me more than a single hit of top shelf herb to be totally blazed.

Or, buy shwag, hold it in your lungs for 2 hours while fucking them up. I mean, it seems like common sense that holding smoke in your lungs to a "smokeless exhale" is not healthy.

I usually either vaporize or use a bong and hold the hit for like 5-10 seconds max. It has never failed me...

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF Flag
    #14549930 - 06/02/11 08:24 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

On a documentary on how weed works they said that the chemicals from the smoke that you need to get high are absorbed immediately so holding it in longer doesn't get you any higher. I just breath it in and blow it straight out. No point giving yourself an aneurysm.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder