Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
dragon ball z
    #14536044 - 05/30/11 01:28 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

anyone ever watch dragon ball? it's a pretty cool show with 150 episodes.

then they came out with dragon ball z, and it was pretty dumb, at least after he beats vegeta. and even once he starts fighting vegeta the show starts changing. the first 30 episodes of dragon ball z seem a lot like dragon ball though, at least mostly. then slowly the show starts changing and loses story line and becomes just about fighting.

somewhere during the beginning of the series, did they switch writers or something? it seems like in the first episodes of dragon ball z they were still using the dragon ball series writers. plus I know it was a manga first, but I don't know how much of the t.v. series was based on the manga.

please don't come in here with comments about dragon ball gt and what not. I'm not a dragon ball nerd, just a fan of the original series when kame didn't come in until the end of the series, and most of it was about master roshi and koran and what not.

I don't want some long debate about people being nerds for watching this shit :lol:

I'm not a loser, i just liked the old ones :shrug:

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekush420
Psychedelic Wonderland
Male User Gallery

Re: dragon ball z [Re: imachavel]
    #14536180 - 05/30/11 01:59 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I was a big fan of it back in the day. Watched it up until the GT series where I lost interest. I agree that the farther they took the episodes the more it changed.

--------------------
redoing signature.. for now heres some carots ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OfflineSprewellSleeve
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: dragon ball z [Re: kush420]
    #14536941 - 05/30/11 05:42 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I was way more into DBZ, but Dragon Ball is better. It wasn't over the top, had the comedy DBZ had, etc.

DBZ got ridiculous with dying meaning nothing. It was like wrestling's retirement matches that hardly ever had any wrestlers retire. Always a loophole to bring them back to life.

I still like both though. I don't think I ever saw the end of the original. Somehow it went past me without me ever watching I think. Gotta look at them (and the ones I already saw again, it's been a while).

I saw very little of GT. It not being made by Akira Toriyama, plus the crisp/plain drawings of the show never made me care to watch more of it.

--------------------

Edited by SprewellSleeve (05/30/11 05:43 PM)

OfflineBeanhead
IS IRONIC PARADOX
 User Gallery

Loc: Geospatial inversion.
Re: dragon ball z [Re: SprewellSleeve]
    #14536953 - 05/30/11 05:44 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Dragonball was awesome because it was more brutal, blood and injuries still involved. When it got to DBZ it went a little bit more vanilla but still a good series

GT is lame

Offlines240779
Male Unread Journal User Gallery

#14536961 - 05/30/11 05:45 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Japanese version with English subtitles, only.

InvisibleMush 4 Brains
about tree fiddy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tacos
Re: dragon ball z [Re: s240779]
    #14537029 - 05/30/11 06:02 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I was a huge fan of the db series as a kid.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#14537104 - 05/30/11 06:19 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

In the US dubbed version they started out DBZ with goofy voice talents. At one point, after the Vegeta saga I believe, they changed that, and the storyline too started to take itself WAY too seriously while there happened less and less per episode.

Early DBZ was fun, then it got just plain boring.

At what pont does DB become DBZ and whats the difference? If DB pre-DBZ by Pub consensus was better then I have some torrents to track.

I saw DBZ in the 1990s, it would be a fun trip down memory lane to see some episodes to see how it is now, something like 15 years later or so.

I know it wasnt GOOD, but at the time the double deal episodes they aired it was a fun way to spend the active part of a joint.

I'm sure if its what you grew up with it was uber awesome, but I grew up with He-Man and incredibly corny as it is now, that at its time was pure awesauce dammit and dont you deny it! :hissyfit:
I guess the DBZ generation has the same effect as we 80s kids had with He-Man.

I was introduced to DBZ by the son of a friend of my mother. Her friend visited her, and I was expected to amuse the kid. (Didnt smoke weed when the kid was around, that would be a douchebag thing to do) The kid was like 12 and absolutely CRAZY about DBZ, shouting at the screen, throwing punches going yeaaaah yeaaah during fights, that was a trip in itself, kid was mental :lol:

After having seen some episodes I started watching on my own (I always loved cartoons, still do, I just dont know ANYTHING GOOD that came after DBZ, they never aired the powerful animes in Holland for some bullshit reason) until the show started to take itself to seriously and drag fight scenes and preparations out into infinity.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Edited by Asante (05/30/11 06:31 PM)

Offlinelimestoneman
The Return
Male User Gallery

Loc: Middle TN Flag
Re: dragon ball z [Re: Asante]
    #14537268 - 05/30/11 06:56 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I'm a bad guy, Let us have a controlled fighting tournament in an arena and I will fight you all one by one.
:feelsbadman:
Dragonball was good. DBZ was good until it got boring. An entire season of floating in the air throwing punches and kicks that never connect, flexing and screaming, and one by one fighting a villain with a boring motive and no plot. :ugh:

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: dragon ball z [Re: limestoneman]
    #14537352 - 05/30/11 07:14 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Seen the movie Dragonball Evolution? Great movie.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

Re: dragon ball z [Re: SprewellSleeve]
    #14538100 - 05/30/11 09:44 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SprewellSleeve said:
I was way more into DBZ, but Dragon Ball is better. It wasn't over the top, had the comedy DBZ had, etc.

DBZ got ridiculous with dying meaning nothing. It was like wrestling's retirement matches that hardly ever had any wrestlers retire. Always a loophole to bring them back to life.

I still like both though. I don't think I ever saw the end of the original. Somehow it went past me without me ever watching I think. Gotta look at them (and the ones I already saw again, it's been a while).

I saw very little of GT. It not being made by Akira Toriyama, plus the crisp/plain drawings of the show never made me care to watch more of it.

the ending of the original was pretty bad ass, i'm sure i wouldn't be spoiling too much to tell you that goku marries chi chi, you should know this anyway if you've seen dragon ball z. obviously there was more to it then that, did you get as far as goku battling piccolo?

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

Re: dragon ball z [Re: limestoneman]
    #14538114 - 05/30/11 09:48 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

limestoneman said:
I'm a bad guy, Let us have a controlled fighting tournament in an arena and I will fight you all one by one.
:feelsbadman:
Dragonball was good. DBZ was good until it got boring. An entire season of floating in the air throwing punches and kicks that never connect, flexing and screaming, and one by one fighting a villain with a boring motive and no plot. :ugh:

pretty much, but the series started out with the same substance as dragon ball. characters have to train, face morals, face themself and learn things as they grow stronger their character grows stronger also. but yeah after vegeta it turned just plain repetitive, some new villian to fight, what's his power level? boring crap.

the original to me was the best. had the most shit to do and think about.

--------------------

OfflinePigasus
D.T.K.L.A.M.F.

Loc: slow death
    #14538116 - 05/30/11 09:48 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

the reason DBZ got so shitty was because the storyline of the cartoon caught up with the comic too fast, so they would have to pad out entire episodes of the characters just screaming and powering up while they wrote the story for the comic.

but like any male that grew up during this time period I watched the fuck out of that show.

--------------------

OfflineSprewellSleeve
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #14538138 - 05/30/11 09:52 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

imachavel said:
Quote:

SprewellSleeve said:

the ending of the original was pretty bad ass, i'm sure i wouldn't be spoiling too much to tell you that goku marries chi chi, you should know this anyway if you've seen dragon ball z. obviously there was more to it then that, did you get as far as goku battling piccolo?

Nah, I didn't see it, I don't think. Kind of weird I'm not positive if I saw the last episode, I think I didn't. Was there a hiatus of Tunami not showing new Dragon Ball episodes? I might have just forgot, don't remember.

--------------------

OfflineKatzenjammer
Lurker
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: dragon ball z [Re: Pigasus]
    #14538165 - 05/30/11 09:57 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

As repetitive as the show was, I always enjoyed watching DBZ after school every day; regardless if most of it was screaming and grunting and superluminal martial arts. 

Loved the episodes where they would have 20 minutes before something terrible happened, and three episodes take place in said 20 minute span.

Was too young for the original Dragonball.

--------------------

OfflineSimoda
Stranger
    #14538171 - 05/30/11 09:57 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Cant believe what im hearing.. Dragonball Z is EPIC!, and got better after the first saga because the voice actors stopped sounding like pussys

This scene alone destroys all of dragon ball...(from what iv seen of the snoozefest)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEXWx9GTjww

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

Re: dragon ball z [Re: Simoda]
    #14538409 - 05/30/11 10:47 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

:lol:

you are entitled to your own opinion, even if you are wrong :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineThe_Ghost
ゴースト

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USG Ishimura Flag
Re: dragon ball z [Re: Droz]
    #14538458 - 05/30/11 10:58 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Droz said:

Dunno about great but it was entertaining.

--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Offlinerational
Female

Re: dragon ball z [Re: The_Ghost]
    #14538590 - 05/30/11 11:32 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I used to watch dbz and dragonball when I was a kid. I hated dragonball gt  it was so boring. When I heard they made a live-action movie, it mad me sad. Heard there's going to be a squeal. Can't believe the guy from buffy the vampire slayer(tv series) played piccolo in the movie.

--------------------
I want to explore all the facets of my mind

Edited by rational (05/30/11 11:33 PM)

InvisibleAlmostAsCoolAs
 User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
Re: dragon ball z [Re: The_Ghost]
    #14538795 - 05/31/11 12:32 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The_Ghost said:
Quote:

Droz said:

That movie was fucking horrible.:lol:

--------------------

OfflineThe_Ghost
ゴースト

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USG Ishimura Flag
Re: dragon ball z [Re: AlmostAsCoolAs]
    #14538863 - 05/31/11 12:52 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

AlmostAsCoolAs said:
Quote:

The_Ghost said:
Quote:

Droz said:

That movie was fucking horrible.:lol:

It was pretty fucking bad but had some entertainment value at least. Plus that asian chick was sooo hot. And the white one was good too. :strokebeard:

--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale