Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblechameleon303
Male User Gallery

Loc: Arcane Sanctuary Flag
vitamin b complex
    #14524697 - 05/28/11 01:53 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

about to buy some of this for first time what should i look for so not to get ripped off

this was my first one ithought of trying

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/B-RIGHT-B-COMPLEX-x-100-CAPSULES-24Hr-Despatch-/230461257526?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Vitamins_Supplements&hash=item35a88fb736

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: vitamin b complex [Re: chameleon303]
    #14525564 - 05/28/11 09:55 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

No comment, but good choice on adding a B complex to your day.

I've recently started taking a B complex supplement daily, and have noticed increased energy levels nearly instantly.:smile:

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleDelicious Apes
Re: vitamin b complex [Re: PDU]
    #14525652 - 05/28/11 10:20 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Supplements FTW. These are in addition to liquid vitamin and minerals kept cold. The untapped potential brought out in your healthy body by doing some experimentation is huge!

No, I don't work for Smart Powders. But I highly reccomend checking them out. All kinds of shit for generally low cost.

InvisibleMicawber
Male User Gallery

Loc: southeast
Re: vitamin b complex [Re: Delicious Apes]
    #14527235 - 05/28/11 05:24 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

remember more is not more

for b6-
Adverse effects have only been documented from vitamin B6 supplements and never from food sources. This article only discusses the safety of the common supplemental form of vitamin B6 pyridoxine (for a full discussion please see pyridoxine). Toxicologic animal studies identify specific destruction of the dorsal root ganglia[17] which is documented in human cases of overdosage of pyridoxine.[18] Although vitamin B6 is a water-soluble vitamin and is excreted in the urine, doses of pyridoxine in excess of the RDI over long periods of time thus result in painful and ultimately irreversible neurological problems.

not trying to fear monger
i take a full b complex as well

--------------------
(mik-kaw'-bur) n. one who is poor but lives in optimistic expectation of better fortune:nyan:

Invisiblechameleon303
Male User Gallery

#14527636 - 05/28/11 06:43 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

thanks for response dudes, i went with the one in link (full b cmplx), and had already ordered some liquid vit d3 @ 4000ui which is supposed to be good and think i really need it, proberly ithe reason why ive been so down and not with it, lack of sun, looked into smart powders and its all abroad so shipping is gonna be a lot to uk so not worth it but thanks anyway ape, and shit man that is a lot of suplements

InvisibleDelicious Apes
Re: vitamin b complex [Re: Micawber]
    #14530765 - 05/29/11 01:28 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Jarrow formulas makes good shit.

Quote:

Micawber said:

It totally is, in a sense of fulfilling nutritional needs on an as needed basis and knowing what to look for from your own body. Some days a completely perfect diet isn't realistic and having all of the essentials there is great.

Invisiblechameleon303
Male User Gallery

#14532166 - 05/29/11 06:27 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Delicious Apes said:
Jarrow formulas makes good shit.

Quote:

Micawber said:

It totally is, in a sense of fulfilling nutritional needs on an as needed basis and knowing what to look for from your own body. Some days a completely perfect diet isn't realistic and having all of the essentials there is great.

haha i see what your saying but i think he ment dont go cramming my diet with sups and take it easy so to speak

InvisibleMicawber
Male User Gallery

Loc: southeast
    #14532367 - 05/29/11 06:59 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i was actually referring to the fact that to much of some supps will harm you

iron is a good example

--------------------
(mik-kaw'-bur) n. one who is poor but lives in optimistic expectation of better fortune:nyan:

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery
Loc: off the wall
    #14533417 - 05/29/11 10:31 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

b complex gives me unnatural jittery feelings.

i recommend more natural forms: spirulina, chlorella, kamut, nuts

InvisibleIrishdrunk
Democracy? We Deliver!!!
Male User Gallery
    #14534164 - 05/30/11 01:53 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Delicious Apes said:
Supplements FTW. These are in addition to liquid vitamin and minerals kept cold. The untapped potential brought out in your healthy body by doing some experimentation is huge!

No, I don't work for Smart Powders. But I highly reccomend checking them out. All kinds of shit for generally low cost.

You're missing NAC, and you're missing Kelp to help promote healthy thyroid iodine. Don't forget, we live in a nuclear world!

NAC and Kelp are good for flushing out the low levels of radiation associated with nuclear disasters and everyday environmental radiation.  NAC is good for a bunch of other things too.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Acetylcysteine

http://hubpages.com/hub/Kelp-Tablets

Also, you don't need any more Niacin than what's in a multivitamin, it has been found ineffective in reducing the risk of heart problems etc that it was supposed to be good for.

5-HTP will interact with anti-depressants, so anyone taking SSRI's or SNRI's etc should not take it, it can lead to serotonin toxicity.

Also I see Ginkgo biloba there, that interacts with anti depressants as well.  It is also a member of the poison ivy family, so it can cause severe allergic reactions.

I just take NAC, Kelp, Co-Q 10, Vit B-100, Vit D, A multivitamin, low dose Aspirin, Calcium Citrate, refridgerated Pro-Biotic, and Salmon Oil.:naughty:  All of them I get cheap as hell at Costco and Wal-Mart, except for the Probiotic, NAC, and Atlantic Kelp tablets which I get at a nutrition store.

--------------------
:awesome:

Edited by Irishdrunk (05/30/11 02:37 AM)

InvisibleIrishdrunk
Democracy? We Deliver!!!
Male User Gallery
    #14534218 - 05/30/11 02:27 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

chameleon303 said:
about to buy some of this for first time what should i look for so not to get ripped off

this was my first one ithought of trying

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/B-RIGHT-B-COMPLEX-x-100-CAPSULES-24Hr-Despatch-/230461257526?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Vitamins_Supplements&hash=item35a88fb736

Go to Walmart or Costco and get vit B-100 complex.  It has 100mg of every type of B.

I take this one

http://www.jamiesonvitamins.com/2173

--------------------

InvisibleDelicious Apes
Re: vitamin b complex [Re: Irishdrunk]
    #14534345 - 05/30/11 03:32 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I stopped all 5-HTP intake because of the heart risks and not needing it.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #14534565 - 05/30/11 06:16 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

> i was actually referring to the fact that to much of some supps will harm you

I cringe when I see people taking handfuls of supplements thinking they are doing their body good.  If you are really deficient, then great, but most people are simply taxing their liver and kidneys as their body tries to get rid of all the extra crap it doesn't need.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleDelicious Apes
Re: vitamin b complex [Re: Seuss]
    #14534574 - 05/30/11 06:25 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I'm vegetarian, and have a number of deficiencies. You can't assume you're doing any good without proof, neither can you assume harm without proof or continually moving away from improvement. It's not that hard to be interested enough to think about all of it with seriousness lacking pompous assumption, that you're operating with by resorting to baseless dismissal. Please spare me.

The only supplements I'm unafraid of through experimentation and obvious benefits are racetams, and simple protein & spirulina. The rest are available only for careful and precise consideration. I will need a helping hand where I see the need for it, and act accordingly in choosing what I figure will result in more benefit than cost. This is not rocket surgery, Seuss.

:bubbles:

Edited by Delicious Apes (05/30/11 06:42 AM)

Invisiblechameleon303
Male User Gallery

#14536713 - 05/30/11 04:37 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

thanks for the info guys, after a little research im going to be getting some kelp too for its many uses, apart from its anti readiation benefits its the iodine in it that is the main benefit to do with thyroid and metabolism functioning properly. since i dont get much from diet and what little io do get is most likley wiped out by the flouride and chlorine in water and toothpaste and is really cheap

Offlinedon_vedo
MerKaBa
Male

Loc: 5th dimension
    #14537011 - 05/30/11 05:58 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Delicious Apes said:

Honestly I used to take that many supplements, even went as far as taking pharmaceutical grade supplements. If you do your research though you will come to find that pills and powders do not absorb the same way in the digestive system, this means that your not getting half of what you think your taking and pretty much wasting a lot of money.

It's much easier then everybody thinks, it is just the fact that the food industry owns the companies that make the supplements and so it is one vicious cycle.

See the way it works is that the food sold in grocery stores nowadays is undernourished and has little vitamins and minerals, processed foods have nearly no benefit to the body and even vegetables sold in the grocery stores are low on nutritional value due to the way they are grown; this leads to vitamin and mineral deficiency within our bodies. The funny thing people don't realize is they are overfed and undernourished. That all being said once people do realize they aren't getting a certain amount of something important they go ahead and look for a supplement to cure it. See the revolving door? Food company sells undernourished food, food companies then sell supplements to fix the issue they created; it's a win win situation for them and a lose lose situation for you.

I too am a vegetarian and am 100% in balance. The key is to eat fresh organic foods grown from local farms, and if you do eat meat, fresh grass fed beef/free range chicken raised and slaughtered on local farms in your area. The reason why: fresh food doesn't sit for long periods of time, it takes a very long time to get food from the fields to the stores (most of the time they use chemicals to keep the food looking fresh); local organic farms don't use genetically modified products, they don't use pesticides and other unnatural chemicals to grow there plants and raise there animals. Eating this way and buying your food products this way will be more expensive but it will save you on the supplements your taking to nourish your undernourished body, and those vitamins and minerals will be delivered to your system in the correct fashion.

The human body is a highly tuned machine that just needs proper fuel to run efficiently, do you think that the Greeks and Romans used supplements? Hell no, the Greeks and Romans and every other ancient civilization ate organically grown fresh fruits, veggies, and meats; they didn't do the shit we do today. Think about it logically and it becomes apparent.

If I were you I would get my blood drawn and check for any and all deficiencies. Keep the chart and mark them down. Start a fresh organic diet for 1-3 months and then go back and get blood work again. If your diet is in check and your not putting a bunch of junk in it I would stake my life on it that everything stabilized. Hell you might even be able to come off any medications your taking. I know when I decided to go about it the right way my severe asthma went away, my blood pressure equalized, and my quality of life went up ten fold.

Quote:

Delicious Apes said:
The only supplements I'm unafraid of through experimentation and obvious benefits are racetams, and simple protein & spirulina. The rest are available only for careful and precise consideration. I will need a helping hand where I see the need for it, and act accordingly in choosing what I figure will result in more benefit than cost. This is not rocket surgery, Seuss.

I fucking love spirulina and chlorella, it's prehistoric meaning before plants and animals. Instead of it being a supplement I consider it a whole food source. You sound like you have a lot of knowledge on the topic and have done your research on the supps you take, I didn't mean to use your picture as a way to discredit you, I just don't agree with the need for so many supplements.

Hope that helps, just a little of the knowledge i've gained. If you don't believe any of it do some unbiased research, you will come to find that what I am saying isn't a joke.
Lah'Kesh

--------------------
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us all. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

Edited by don_vedo (05/30/11 06:03 PM)

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #14537421 - 05/30/11 07:30 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Delicious Apes said:
I'm vegetarian, and have a number of deficiencies.
:bubbles:

if you're vegetarian and have multiple deficiencies, you need to strongly re-evaluate your diet.  it's not hard by any means to be veg/vegan and take in ample nutrients

InvisibleIrishdrunk
Democracy? We Deliver!!!
Male User Gallery
    #14537465 - 05/30/11 07:41 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

chameleon303 said:
thanks for the info guys, after a little research im going to be getting some kelp too for its many uses, apart from its anti readiation benefits its the iodine in it that is the main benefit to do with thyroid and metabolism functioning properly. since i dont get much from diet and what little io do get is most likley wiped out by the flouride and chlorine in water and toothpaste and is really cheap

Ya Kelp is so good for you.  :smile:  Good choice!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale