Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblesavage.renegade
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bay area
superego vs. pyschadelics
    #14517506 - 05/26/11 08:23 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

What Is the Superego? Definition: According to Freud's psychoanalytic theory of personality, the superego is the component of personality composed of our internalized ideals that we have acquired from our parents and from society. The superego works to suppress the urges of the id and tries to make the ego behave morally, rather than realistically.

This is what i feel like is destroyed when i take pyschadelics. Your superego begins its career at the age of 5 and is influenced by your society and parents. When this is taken away, I feel as if I can look and think without all those hidden evironmental influences. I think society can be a prison or it can be wonderful. Right now I feel it is the former. I hope it changes one day. Can we change it?

Anxiety In other words, the ego relates to the superego just like the child related to the coercive agencies in his environment --afraid of its attacks. So the moment that there is the possibility of unconscious material, that drew attacks in the past, surfacing to consciousness, the ego responds with anxiety, the danger signal anticipating a superego attack. The ego, to check the emergence of such disapproved of material, employs its defense mechanisms, which results in keeping such material out of consciousness. However, this simple repression, which is called the primary defense, does not always work perfectly; and so some unconscious material pushes towards consciousness activating a state of anxiety. (Work on the Superego, pg 3) When the defenses start actually breaking down, a person will experience increased anxiety, followed by the repressed impulses and feelings. So under nnormal circumstances, the presence of unusual anxiety indicates that some defenses are dissolving and that some piece of the unconscious is pushing towards consciousness. The anxiety, therefore, can be seen as a preview to self-knowledge.

I think this is the anxiety i feel during a trip.Is it societys underlying influence being destroyed and giving me  a sense of freedom from its hidden control?

Anybody else agree this or disagree?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomXolomilco
The Man

Re: superego vs. pyschadelics [Re: savage.renegade]
    #14517542 - 05/26/11 08:29 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I love the concept of the superego, ego, and id.

I am a very churchy guy.  So, if I'm not mistaken (I haven't talked about the superego in a long time), my superego is me wanting to be a church guy.  When I trip, I forget about my "churchiness" and just enjoy the trip.  I try NOT to think about God and such whilst tripping because I already know how I feel about Him.

I'm not sure if this input is what you're looking for.

Oh, and to answer you question.... I don't know.  For me, no.

Edited by ShroomXolomilco (05/26/11 08:37 PM)

Invisiblesavage.renegade
Male User Gallery

Re: superego vs. pyschadelics [Re: ShroomXolomilco]
    #14518154 - 05/26/11 10:16 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Interesting. Are you Christian? If every one of your churchmember knew of your pyschadelic use would they alienate you? Or would they attack your belief system and try ro change your mind? Do you feel  any conflict in your mind?

--------------------

Invisiblesavage.renegade
Male User Gallery

#14518409 - 05/26/11 11:04 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I personally feel on high doses it disapears for me. On lower doses I feel more of a disconnection to the superego. As if I can see and dissect it. Now even when i am sober I feel I can interpret my thought patterns to a complex degree. I pay attention to my thoughts and then try and figure out why I think this, and where did it come from.
Also I can barely stand to watch t.v. without noticing all the influences it trys to push directly to this invisible superego. I believe society is directly controlled through the media and of course through laws.

Example would be talking to a person who believe pyschadelics are harmful. Or other way around?
You give them evidence and facts.  The ego starts to accept it but the superego attacks the ego to repress the info from entering your consciousness. Or the ego has already been attacked before and afraid of an attack it represses it. The superego trains your ego like how we train a dog.

--------------------

OfflinePoisonCrazy
Stranger

#14518496 - 05/26/11 11:21 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I personally like the ideas of id ego and superego, but I don't think that psychedelics destroy the superego.

The reason is that I still feel I have a moral compass on psychedelics, I mean it may point a little screwy, but it still exists.

I think psychs do away with cultural programming, on whatever level:

so on the superego level, 'going to church' might be what society tells you is moral, and you may reject this.

on the id level, society might say to not do drugs, or your close friends / where you grew up / your addiction might tell you to do certain drugs, this can help you get over it. Another great example is many people feel a revulsion towards consumerism when they use these substances.

interesting to ponder though

Invisiblesavage.renegade
Male User Gallery

Re: superego vs. pyschadelics [Re: PoisonCrazy]
    #14518538 - 05/26/11 11:30 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Obviously you cant destroy the superego. Im not 100 percent sure I believe this theory. Would you agree that society directly uses this superego as a form of control? So if society was generally more openminded there would be a less tainted superego in our mind.

--------------------

OfflineShroomXolomilco
The Man

#14553094 - 06/02/11 10:14 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

savage.renegade said:
Interesting. Are you Christian? If every one of your churchmember knew of your pyschadelic use would they alienate you? Or would they attack your belief system and try ro change your mind? Do you feel  any conflict in your mind?

Yes I am. To be specific I am Antiochean Orthodox.  And I don't tell anybody from my church about my drug use, except that I smoke weed.  There is only one girl I know that does drugs that is also Orthodox, but she lives in a different state.  But we have some awesome talks about our use since we are both also orthodox.

But I don't think anybody would "alienate" me, that's not how our church is.  I don't know how the "commonly heard" religions in America like being Protestant, Catholic, Baptist, etc. would react to one of their church-goers using psychedelics.  I expect harsher than my church.  But idk.

InvisibleLSDilocybin
I AM

Loc: omnipresent
Re: superego vs. pyschadelics [Re: ShroomXolomilco]
    #14553113 - 06/02/11 10:18 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

manna is in the bible anyway, any christian talking shit on shrooms is a fucking loser. needs to read their good book instead of judging like they already kno they shouldnt.

--------------------
"We are perfect mirrors in the sun and we brightly shine, we are singing and dancing in perfect time, there is nothing in the world that we can do, to stop the light of love come shining through" --Sally Oldfield

:heart: :levitate: :inlove: :tripping: :inlove3: "Vibrate in Love." :inlove3: :tripping: :inlove: :levitate: :heart:
                          :tripping2:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag