Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinerealfuzzhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: above the smog layer Flag
Iraq v. Vietnam
    #14470192 - 05/17/11 09:33 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

We spent 10 years, 460 billion dollars (not adjusted), and lost over 55,000 soldiers in Vietnam.

However, open up our doors to trade with them and let the free market, non-interventionist policy go to work and we become allies and wonderful trading partners with them,

Anyone else think we could of handled Iraq differently?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
Re: Iraq v. Vietnam [Re: realfuzzhead]
    #14470218 - 05/17/11 09:41 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Most of our foreign policy could of been handled differently.

The world kind of hold us at a double standard, so we would have been scrutinized either way, is my guess.

--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Invisibledanielx
whatup!
 User Gallery

#14470222 - 05/17/11 09:42 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

found out an interesting fact while reading a book- a poll was given to the american people asking how many people died total in the vietnam war, the average response was 100,000. However, the actual figure is around 2-4 million. The author then drew parallels by pointing out if you asked a German person how many people died in the holocaust, and they answered 100,000, you would think they are completely ignorant/insensitive.  I think this can be a teastament to how dumb americans are, that, or how well propaganda works to desensitize and play down wars.

I know this has nothing to do with your original post, just found it interesting, plus im high.

--------------------
Long live kratom :kratom:

InvisibleKid_Orgo
 User Gallery

Loc: Hale-Bopp
    #14470228 - 05/17/11 09:44 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

realfuzzhead said:

Unless our goal was to simply hand Iraq and its resources and people over to Iran and also to temporarily provide the biggest theater for sectarian violence since Lebanon in the eighties, then yeah, we should have done a few things differently.

Quote:

danielx said:
\I think this can be a teastament to how dumb americans are, that, or how well propaganda works to desensitize and play down wars.

I'd think it was more that we're fighting these ones with the children of the poor half the planet away, rather than you know... killing six million people here in America.  Oh, and the casualties are overwhelmingly the locals, not us.

--------------------
He was a cowboy in one of the seven days a week fights. No business, no hangout; no friends, nothing; just what you pick up and what you need.

Offlinerealfuzzhead
Male User Gallery

Re: Iraq v. Vietnam [Re: Kid_Orgo]
    #14470944 - 05/17/11 11:37 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

damn Danielx that's some interesting stuff.

:hmm:

I believe that most of our problems in the middle east arise because we have troops there. We don't understand middle Eastern politics, we don't understand the tension between groups over there. Either way, they still are sovergn (sp?) nations and we shouldn;t be there.. especially without an official declaration of war.

Invisiblehelix
Idealist Thinker Musician Lover
Male User Gallery

#14470973 - 05/17/11 11:41 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I was half expecting this thread to be notifying us that world war 3 was starting now

InvisibleMad_Larkin

Re: Iraq v. Vietnam [Re: danielx]
    #14470985 - 05/17/11 11:44 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

danielx said:
found out an interesting fact while reading a book- a poll was given to the american people asking how many people died total in the vietnam war, the average response was 100,000. However, the actual figure is around 2-4 million. The author then drew parallels by pointing out if you asked a German person how many people died in the holocaust, and they answered 100,000, you would think they are completely ignorant/insensitive.  I think this can be a teastament to how dumb americans are, that, or how well propaganda works to desensitize and play down wars.

I know this has nothing to do with your original post, just found it interesting, plus im high.

I think that has a lot to do with the fact that nobody wants to admit that most of the people who died were little yellow poor people. So, they concentrate only on American losses and extrapolate similar losses for the enemy.

Or maybe I'm analysing too deeply.

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
Re: Iraq v. Vietnam [Re: helix]
    #14471063 - 05/18/11 12:03 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

aronf13 said:
I was half expecting this thread to be notifying us that world war 3 has started now

... fixed . . . :peace: :confused:

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
    #14471094 - 05/18/11 12:12 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

realfuzzhead said:
We spent 10 years, 460 billion dollars (not adjusted), and lost over 55,000 soldiers in Vietnam.

However, open up our doors to trade with them and let the free market, non-interventionist policy go to work and we become allies and wonderful trading partners with them,

we spent a few hundred billion or so more in iraq. but dropped only half or way less the bombs that we did in vietnam.

we've had way less casualties in iraq, but none the less just as many civilians have died. i hear we set up some good trade with that country, but aside from oil what else do they have to trade? don't mean to sound like a total dick head, but seriously.

yeah, i think we could have done better

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Invisibledanielx
whatup!
 User Gallery

Re: Iraq v. Vietnam [Re: Mad_Larkin]
    #14471109 - 05/18/11 12:16 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Mad_Larkin said:
Quote:

danielx said:

I think that has a lot to do with the fact that nobody wants to admit that most of the people who died were little yellow poor people. So, they concentrate only on American losses and extrapolate similar losses for the enemy.

Or maybe I'm analysing too deeply.

good point, alot of people dont even see these brown people as human.

--------------------
Long live kratom :kratom:

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Iraq v. Vietnam [Re: danielx]
    #14471128 - 05/18/11 12:20 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

iran took over infrastructue in iraq and that made iran boom

we lost 250,000 soldiers in nam i dont know what the fuck your talking about if you flunked out of college back then they'd kick you out  and you'd be strapping on your combat boots

you think those hippies were marching cuz they had free time on their hands???

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

Re: Iraq v. Vietnam [Re: Konyap]
    #14471175 - 05/18/11 12:31 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i agree a lot with that. a lot of people these days complain about how poorly Americans greeted the Vietnam war, fighting for our freedom etc. etc. etc.

i mean cmon, it wasn't world war 2, we weren't fighting for freedom, we were fighting against communism, what a bunch of horse shit. you'd be protesting to if dropping out of college meant strapping on combat boots. and for what?

i'll admit, for afghanistan, at least they attacked us first, for world war 2, at least they attacked us first. but really, people seeing the middle east war as a far fight is total horse shit. i think the lack of a draft makes these things much much more acceptable to people.

i'd really hate to be forced to walk through nam, with a rifle in my hand, dodging bullets, seeing a tree above me with holes in it and realizing i'm some nva bastards target practice, watching my friends die, and having to convert to murdering people and seeing it turn me into a lunatic on the inside with constant mental problems the rest of my life.

once you murder someone, you never forget. on the streets or in a war it doesn't matter. if this middle east war had a draft, i guarantee the protests would make nam look like a picnic outside the white house. it'd be pandemonium. and for good reason.

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

#14471186 - 05/18/11 12:36 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

realfuzzhead said:
damn Danielx that's some interesting stuff.

:hmm:

I believe that most of our problems in the middle east arise because we have troops there. We don't understand middle Eastern politics, we don't understand the tension between groups over there. Either way, they still are sovergn (sp?) nations and we shouldn;t be there.. especially without an official declaration of war.

yeah that's the bullshit. it's a war on terror huh? a war on terror doesn't leave hundreds of thousands of garrisons in a country for 10 years. it sends s.w.a.t. training to those countries or whatever.

or at least that's what the war on terror and drugs in our country means. bush was such a fucking pussy, that he didn't even have the balls to declare war. "war on terror america" then Obama comes out saying that's unconstitutional and that we will leave and never have another war on terror without declaring war again. oh yeah, real great promise dude, he sure kept that. i mean from taking down osama bin laden, to our involvement in libya, he's kept that promise all the way. total horse shit.

whatever happened to the good old cold war days or whatever, when we fought other wars in countries to stop them from being another global nuclear power because of our gridlocked nuclear stand off with russia, to have hundreds of thousands of american troops die in vietnam over a war not called a war so much but a 'police action'

oh wait a minute.... :confused:

--------------------

OfflineKonyap

Re: Iraq v. Vietnam [Re: imachavel]
    #14471335 - 05/18/11 01:27 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

yea but we've kinda blown the middle east to shit i mean we killed 80 thousand people defending their country to prevent another kuwait? that happened 10 years ago ehh

i dont really give a shit about afganni land

to simply put it they were countries with thorns in our sides but since the drug war has taking over afganistan and sunni shiites and the new originalog al queda i dont think the end is in site if the world doesnt end prohibition or some kinda fuzzy stuffed tranni monster comes along that hugs brown children and feeds them

OfflineAsAboveSoBelow
The matrix has you

Re: Iraq v. Vietnam [Re: Konyap] * 1
    #14471358 - 05/18/11 01:35 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

yeah you just love death don't you? Keep getting drunk and high and keep celebrating death you cunt

Mass death, yeah it's just perfect  until it affects me! You'll get yours soon, dont worry you ghoul

--------------------

You're gonna get hurt real bad :smile:

They that sow the wind, shall reap the whirlwind

Edited by AsAboveSoBelow (05/18/11 01:38 AM)

Offlinerealfuzzhead
Male User Gallery

Re: Iraq v. Vietnam [Re: imachavel]
    #14473005 - 05/18/11 12:13 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

imachavel said:
Quote:

realfuzzhead said:

we spent a few hundred billion or so more in iraq. but dropped only half or way less the bombs that we did in vietnam.

we've had way less casualties in iraq, but none the less just as many civilians have died. i hear we set up some good trade with that country, but aside from oil what else do they have to trade? don't mean to sound like a total dick head, but seriously.

yeah, i think we could have done better

we wouldnt of thought we had anything to trade with Vietnam either, and we have spent definitely near a trillion dollars in Iraq.. not only that but what do we have to show for the money? The Iraq people don't like us, all the bombs are blwon up, soldiers are coming back without limbs and/or PTSD.

really.. I can think of a billion ways that money could have been better spent

Offlinerealfuzzhead
Male User Gallery

#14473010 - 05/18/11 12:14 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

aiyobro said:
iran took over infrastructue in iraq and that made iran boom

we lost 250,000 soldiers in nam i dont know what the fuck your talking about if you flunked out of college back then they'd kick you out  and you'd be strapping on your combat boots

you think those hippies were marching cuz they had free time on their hands???

no man we really lost 58,000 (not including MIA's) at least thats whats on the memorial

OfflineKonyap

Re: Iraq v. Vietnam [Re: AsAboveSoBelow]
    #14473167 - 05/18/11 12:55 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

AsAboveSoBelow said:
I love nazis if they killed my brother i'd stroke one out and sit at home, I'm a tool

OfflineAsAboveSoBelow
The matrix has you

#14474153 - 05/18/11 04:21 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

aiyobro said:
Quote:

AsAboveSoBelow said:
yeah you just love death don't you? Keep getting drunk and high and keep celebrating death you cunt

Mass death, yeah it's just perfect  until it affects me! You'll get yours soon, dont worry you ghoul

I honestly have no recollection of making this post, like.. at all. lol. No bs, I always remember my posts. Guess thats what happens when you start being more a drunkie

Turns out there were several things I dont remember last night. According to someone I know I guess I was going around snidely trolling some of my friends and randomly telling people to fuck off :facepalm:

--------------------

You're gonna get hurt real bad :smile:

They that sow the wind, shall reap the whirlwind

Edited by AsAboveSoBelow (05/18/11 04:23 PM)

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

Re: Iraq v. Vietnam [Re: AsAboveSoBelow]
    #14474283 - 05/18/11 04:52 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

It's really hard to take over the world without imposing death and suffering.

--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder