Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleadrug

Zetatalk - What do you think?
    #1444929 - 04/09/03 10:28 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I've been searching through the forums to see what you all have discussed in the past about Zetatalk before posting this.(for those who don't know, I'm talking about the theories discussed at www.zetatalk.com). It seems that many of you are very skeptical, which is understandable. I've been reading zetatalk for 4 years, and am still undecided on what to think. Supposedly, the complex is already visible with the naked eye. I live in the city, too many lights for me to look. Anyone who lives in a darker area willing to give it a shot? I've been following this for a long time and am curious to see whether things actually happens the way they've been saying they will. At times, when I think about what could happen if a poleshift occurs (according to the Zetas), I get nervous and want to go crawl into bed. But for the most part, I feel like if this is going to happen, then we're all just going to have to accept whatever happens and make the best of things. I'm curious as to the opinions of this now that we are getting much closer to the supposed event. Just imagine the explanation Bush & Co would try to give for this! :smirk: Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed until further notice. 

Edited by adrug (04/09/03 10:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
Re: Zetatalk - What do you think? [Re: adrug]
    #1444990 - 04/09/03 10:46 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I've been visiting Zetatalk for more than a year and I really don't know what to make of it. I must say that a lot of that information is very convincing. If it's a complete hoax, I would have to say people are dedicating a lot of time to it. I live in a small city so I probably wouldn't be able to see the planet with my naked eye. But the city is surrounded by country so with a little effort I could try looking. There is no basis in fact for any of their theories so I have a hard time believing. But it does make me nervous. It's just weird imagining what things would be like. And it's supposed to come soon in May I think. That's next month!

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

OfflineSuper_Wario
Berry farmer.

Loc: Canada
Re: Zetatalk - What do you think? [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #1446375 - 04/10/03 11:44 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

The reason that it is convincing, is that it's written LIKE scientific literature.

This is how pseudo-science works. If you take mythical information, based on absolutely nothing, and write about it in the same style as scientific fact, people will eat it right up. People are condition to thin that speaking sciency = science, but it doesn't. Science is a careful process of observing and analyzing information, which is not happening at Zetatalk.

It's no more scientific than the bible.

OfflineSuper_Wario
Berry farmer.

Re: Zetatalk - What do you think? [Re: Super_Wario]
    #1446383 - 04/10/03 11:45 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Also, most of their information is based on stuff telepathically beamed to people by aliens. I wouldn't call that a reliable source.

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Re: Zetatalk - What do you think? [Re: Super_Wario]
    #1446479 - 04/10/03 12:15 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

It'll be interseting to see how far they go with this if it's a complete hoax. They give the coordinates of the planet and supposedly people with telescopes are taking pictures and sending them in. This one is kinda cool:

--------------------

OfflineSuper_Wario
Berry farmer.

#1447024 - 04/10/03 02:36 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

It's not a hoax, it's just wrong.
They believe in it themselves, it's like religion.

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #1447171 - 04/10/03 03:23 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

It should be here by now. It isn't. 'Nuff said.

--------------------

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Re: Zetatalk - What do you think? [Re: Revelation]
    #1448655 - 04/11/03 01:02 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Okay don't get me wrong. I'm very skeptical about this whole thing. But how can you say that it should be here by now? They've been saying for years that it would come May or June 2003. And it's kind of odd, assuming these amateur observations aren't complete hoaxes, that this strange red planet has suddenly appeared in the given coordinates. Again, I'm just as skeptical as the next guy but I always have to see both sides of the coin. It seems as though some people choose to ignore this for several reasons that can be debated:

Quote:

People are condition to thin that speaking sciency = science, but it doesn't. Science is a careful process of observing and analyzing information, which is not happening at Zetatalk.

Who decidede that science is the answer to every question? Science is the observation, identification, description, experimental investigation, and theoretical explanation of phenomena. Well what if this phenomena last took place before what we know as "science" was ever even established? Just from glancing through Zetatalk, you can find evidence of ancient cultures that had to deal with this planet's passing. All I'm saying is that some of these theories found at Zetatalk are supported through historical evidence. If you actually take the time to read about it (the Sumerian culture for example) you'll know what I'm talking about.

Quote:

Also, most of their information is based on stuff telepathically beamed to people by aliens. I wouldn't call that a reliable source.

How are you able to determine that telepathy is not a reliable source. Maybe telepathy between two humans hasn't been proven under scientific inquiry but how can you be so quick to assume that an alien can't communicate telepathically with a human being? Have you applied the scientific method to come to such a conclusion?

Quote:

It's not a hoax, it's just wrong.
They believe in it themselves, it's like religion.

How do you come to that conclusion? It sounds like your reasoning is based on faith. You have no solid proof that Planet X is not coming towards Earth to cause catastrophic change just as a Christian has no solid proof that God exists. How are you so quick to assume? It's as if you live according to your own religion based on the idea that nothing is real unless the phenomena is explained by observation, identification, description, experimental investigation, or theoretical explanation. That seems close minded.

Quote:

It should be here by now. It isn't. 'Nuff said.

Who said it would be here by now?

Many people argue that this issue is based on pseudo-science. But as time goes by, these theories are becoming increasingly based on science. Supposedly many amateur and professional astronomers are beginning to spot this planet. If this is really happening, then this issue goes beyond myth. Once again, I'll be very surprised if a mysterious red planet swings by and destroys the earth in two months. I just think peope are too quick to dismiss some theories just because they aren't based on scientific inquiry.

--------------------

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #1450517 - 04/11/03 05:22 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I've been reading it off and on as well, mostly the IRC chatlogs. Nancy seems incredibly testy and stressed, which leads me to think of other psychological problems... It is intriguing, and a part of it that I do believe is stated at Zetatalk as a more physical upcoming change rather than a spiritual change. They speak of worldwide chaos and terrible things happening when the poles switch, but i envision a near-future change that is much more spiritual, a sort of awakening to a new bliss.

I guess we'll find out for sure in about a month or two, right? I feel bad for that woman. All this work and if nothing happens she'll probably pull out all her hair and go crazy... all the voices in her head will laugh at her, rather than beam scientific data about aliens.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
    #1451646 - 04/11/03 06:02 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

> You have no solid proof that Planet X is not coming towards Earth.

Think about what you just said, that's got to be the weakest excuse for an argument ever.

You have no solid proof that the dinosaur bones weren't planted by God to test our faith.
You have no solid proof that Cthulhu will not rise from his hundred millenium sleep next Tuesday and devour us all .
You have no solid proof that Christopher Walken is not the one true messiah.
You have no solid proof that I don't have a unicorn in my room right now. A pink one. With psychic powers. And wings.
You have no solid proof that I never got great head from your mom.
etc, etc, ad nauseam.

I skimmed the page, looks like your standard schizo new-age UFO cult, nothing to see here people, move along. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a global extinction event right about now. But crackpot rants are a dime a dozen on the web, and this one's not much better than the Timecube Guy.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#1455771 - 04/13/03 10:22 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

"How are you able to determine that telepathy is not a reliable source."

Okay, I guess you don't know what reliable means. If you are "unable to determine", then it is not reliable.

"Maybe telepathy between two humans hasn't been proven under scientific inquiry but how can you be so quick to assume that an alien can't communicate telepathically with a human being?"

You're the one making assumptions here. Believing that someone has received accurate information telepathically from an alien is making a huge fucking assumption. You don't necessarily have to completely discard the idea, but operating on the assumption that it's true is not only closing your mind to more likely options, it's just plain silly.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Re: Zetatalk - What do you think? [Re: Phluck]
    #1456929 - 04/14/03 11:41 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

So when does Shroomism pay Swami his 10,000?

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Zetatalk - What do you think? [Re: Adom]
    #1458116 - 04/14/03 07:20 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

by the end of this year

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder