Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAustrip
P. Sub
Male

tea from shroom stems potency ?'s * 1
    #14415151 - 05/07/11 01:01 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Hey all well, I have about 10 grams of stems from my latest hunt, their fan-drying at the moment with the caps, and are nearly finish.
I was planning on storing all the caps and making a tea from the stems.

I've read several conflicting reports and threads around here that the stems contain anywhere from around the same amount of psilocybin/psilocin content as the caps do, other reports say they can be up to 30% less potent.

Based on this if I wanted to have a 3-5 gram trip of the whole fruit body (caps+stems) how many grams of stem would I need in comparison?

I was thinking maybe just put them all in the tea and then drink half the mixture to begin with.

any opinions?

--------------------

Edited by Austrip (05/07/11 01:49 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLibertin
Absurdist
 User Gallery

Re: tea from stems [Re: Austrip] * 1
    #14415348 - 05/07/11 01:49 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

According to the one actual study which compared the psilocybin/psilocin content of caps and stems, the caps are on average 30% more potent.

I never calculate the expected potency by factoring in amounts of caps and stems I use. I don't think it's necessary to be so precise because there can be a large amount of variation between mushrooms anyway (when produced with multispore inoculation). Usually I just try to use some caps with some more stems, alluding roughly to the ratio of caps/stems found on the mushrooms themselves. My advice is treat stems as if they were almost as potent as caps. Sorry I couldn't be more accurate but I really don't think it's necessary; in practice there's little difference between caps and stems - by all means weigh the dose but don't bother with trying to figure out the exact amount of actives.

InvisibleAustrip
P. Sub
Male

Re: tea from stems [Re: Libertin] * 1
    #14415362 - 05/07/11 01:53 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

thanks dude thought this would be the case. Very well put answer.

I'm fairly experienced and everything so not worried about getting my ass kicked, and hopefully be able to handle it if I do :crazy2:

So going with 7 grams of stems for equal to a 5 gram trip would be a bad idea then you think?
these are my first finds of the season as well so I guess I haven't gauged the potency of these fresh ones yet, so I'm gonna say yes its probably a bad idea. lol

--------------------

InvisibleLibertin
Absurdist
 User Gallery

#14415435 - 05/07/11 02:10 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Bear in mind that a '5 gram trip' in most cases would not be comprised entirely of caps, it would be a mixture of caps and stems. Therefore if dosing with stems only, you would not need 30% more in weight to attain an equal potency. Personally if I was dosing with stems only and wanted to compensate I would add maybe 5% or 10% weight. We're talking tiny amounts here, 0.25 to 0.5 grams on a 5 gram dose - this is why I see it as unimportant.

With an untested batch I would be inclined to play it safe. Many people will swear there's no difference between caps and stems in terms of potency.

Have a great time whatever you decide to do!  :peace:

InvisibleAustrip
P. Sub
Male

Re: tea from stems [Re: Libertin] * 1
    #14415494 - 05/07/11 02:22 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

thanks dude, left you a rating for your help & info, its much appreciated.

Since there's about 10 grams there, I might split 2.5 in tea with a friend to test out the potency.
There'll be around 5 grams left for my next trip and if I need some more I'll throw in a few caps for next time.

I'll definitely have fun I've been waiting all year for my fungus friends to return. again much appreciated for all the help :peace:

--------------------

OfflineSmawrpg
Urban Shaman
Male User Gallery

#14416060 - 05/07/11 04:21 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

sounds like a plan. If you have ever done the tea method, the faster you drink it the more intense the experience. If you downed it in 5 minutes it would be like lemon-teking it.

I usually consume mine in 15. and its a bit more intense (although slightly shorter) than the same amount eaten whole.

InvisibleAustrip
P. Sub
Male

Re: tea from stems [Re: Smawrpg] * 1
    #14416150 - 05/07/11 04:44 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I try to down it all at once, I can't stand the taste of shroom water, tastes like liquid forest I think.
my friend makes coffee and tea out of it but I can't sit there and sip on it.

I usually only eat my dried shrooms as well, since I can eat them without a problem but the shroom water always makes me puke. I just don't really like chewing on stems much either, and not wasting precious psilocybin.

the caps are tasty though.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract