Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesi1988crx
Beep beep byebye

How do you get your dung?
    #1439409 - 04/08/03 01:07 PM (21 years, 13 days ago)

Hey all, my friend has a question about how you all get your cow dung.  He knows that a farm would be a good place to get it, but how do you guys ask the farmer for many pounds of dung?  Do you give them a reason why you want it?  If so, what do you tell them?  Also, do most of you just pick it from the fields, or do some places have an area where they collect and compost it?  My friend just doesn't feel comfortable going to every farm in the area asking for dung without having a good reason to get it.  He says it would help him a lot if people can post their experiences with obtaining dung, and he gives everyone a big thank you for helping him out.

By the way, my friend and I have searched through the posts and have had no luck with personal experiences  :confused: .  Even if you have not gone out and got any dung, but you have a few ideas, my friend would welcome those ideas.  He knows that there are very smart people on here, and he would love to learn from them.  Thanks again.  :grin: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleno-tone
Enema Bag Jones

Loc: Warm, Moist and Dark
Re: How do you get your dung? [Re: si1988crx]
    #1439423 - 04/08/03 01:13 PM (21 years, 13 days ago)

Personally, I harvest it straight from the cow's intestine via the "ass fisting" method.

But on a more serious note, if you want to get to poop from the farm, tell them you want to add it to your compost for gardening. If you want a shitload (no pun intended) tell them, you guessed it, you have a big garden.

--------------------
Man thinks. God laughs. - Jewish Proverb

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #1439554 - 04/08/03 01:52 PM (21 years, 13 days ago)

In my experience, you can just ask for some poo. They usually don't even question you. If you just play it cool (you're not doing anything wrong (as far as they know)) you usually get what you came for and leave. Of course, if you want to make freindly chit chat, you can mention your elaborate garden. But this always opens up the risk for freindly "What do you grow" questions... which an unprepared mind might stumble over. "I grow all sorts of things. Strawberries, blue-berries, tomatos and a pumpkin of two in the fall." If your picking up horseshit, be sure to mention roses. If they are growers themselvesm they might give you a few pointers. Keep in mind there are some lonely, isolated farmers... and most will enjoy your company. Satisfy there curiousity, be freindly, and get out with the goods. Be sure to get a resonable amount, and alternate with other sources if you are frequently in need. (Do you know how suspicious it is to ask for 50 pounds of poo, ever month?)

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
    #1439688 - 04/08/03 02:27 PM (21 years, 13 days ago)

I personally get my cow shit by spiking cows with a strong laxative.. It works for me and you should see the cows face lolzz !  :laugh: 

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Edited by Bi0TeK (04/08/03 03:13 PM)

Offlinegee_bone
Seeker FromNature

Re: How do you get your dung? [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #1439732 - 04/08/03 02:55 PM (21 years, 13 days ago)

I use horse dung, collected under a midnight moon at a local outdoor horse ring. Lots of fun. I try and take someone along each time I go.

Friends get a kick out of it. Smoke the bong, hit the ring.

--------------------
Dissidents are punished far more by themselves than by society.

Offlinesi1988crx
Beep beep byebye

Re: How do you get your dung? [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #1439736 - 04/08/03 02:58 PM (21 years, 13 days ago)

My friend thanks your for your answers, and has one more question. In your experience, do you just go up to cow farms and ask the farmer for the dung? Or are there specific farms that you go to that will sell their shit? Would it be a good idea to go to a local feed store and ask if they know anyone who would be willing to sell? Where my friend is there are plenty of horse and cow farms, but he doesn't want to knock on every farmers door looking for some shit. Is there a good way to make the first contact with the farmer without having to knock on his front door?

Granted, I have a few ideas that I have told my friend, but we just want to hear about other peoples experiences as they are a very valuable tool. My thanks again for taking the time to answer my friends questions.

Offlinesummitstealth
D-dog

Loc: EastCoast, USA
    #1439910 - 04/08/03 03:59 PM (21 years, 13 days ago)

Yea i would just tell them your using it for some Tomatos and some other goodies. I personally goto a farm where my uncle has many cows and i just scoop up a big trash bag full of fresh dung and let it set for a few weeks outside in a wheelbearal or somthing of that nature. i have about 4 gallons of dung i just got last weekend outdoors in a big hold a dug with saranwrap over it and under it.

Peace, Dustin

--------------------
Sporeworks
Ralphster44's Spores
MicronFilter Disc
Hawkseye

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #1440100 - 04/08/03 05:15 PM (21 years, 13 days ago)

Go when they have fresh poo that they are starting to compost. Springtime. They usually make a huge pile outside in the fields somewhere that they let sit and compost. Just ask if you could get a wheel barrel full I'm sure they'd spare a little bit, they'd have tons of it anyways.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale