Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAdolf
Stranger
Pan Cyan Stalled Bulk Grow
    #14389617 - 05/02/11 04:21 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Heyy :smile:
As this is my first time growing shrooms I am a little lost on what to do next and what may have gone wrong with my grow, I have searched the forum high and low but have come up with nothing that helps my situation at all, really in need for some expert help and opinions.
I have recently transferred my colonized 7 BRF pan cyan cakes to a bulk grow of Cow manure/coco coir/verm/coffee grounds/gypsum and lime to balance ph.
The majority of cakes were bout 80-90% colonized but they had been sitting at right temps/humidity for well over a month, had completely stalled out (I think I used too much LC and ruined the water content here), decided to go ahead and use them anyway. I prepared the bulk substrate with a brick of coco coir, same amount of field aged cow manure(one bucket), bucket of verm, roughly 15% coffee grounds and 15% gypsum (Substrate pasteurized with pillow case tek). Layed a thin layer of about 1/2 inch in 2 plastic tubs(25 by 35cm)that were lined with al foil, broke up cakes into small pieces and spread evenly over the layer of substrate in both plastic tubs. I added a bit more substrate and mixed it up a bit with the broken BRF cake pieces then covered the mix with more substrate to a depth of almost 2 inches. I covered the top of the plastic tubs with alfoil to keep moisture in and prevent light while colonizing but also punched small air holes to have air exchange, then i placed the tubs holding the substrate into large sealed plastic storage containers to keep them incubated and out of the way till fully colonized.
This was all done over 3 weeks ago, have been checking on it every few days to see progress, after 4 or so days i finally noticed something, had the beginnings of growth with really faint mycelium webs starting to form on top. That was about 2 weeks ago, since then very little has changed, the mycelium webs are still quite faint but have increased only just noticeably (have to shine a little LED lighter torch just to see most of it). It looks like a very small spider has been walking all over the substrate leaving the faintest web i have ever seen, thats when looking up close, standing a meter an half back you would hardly be able to tell if it had started colonizing or not.

I am completely lost as to what to do next and why it is taking so long to colonize or if it is still even colonizing.. I am fairly certain that the water content was correct when cased in bulk, havent seen one sign of contam since i started, ph was in range, I live in ideal temps (average 27-34 Celsius every day of the year and from 70 - 100% humidity) it is even a wild pan cyan strain that i collected only a few mins drive from my house, cow manure came from same place as well.
I thought maybe from lack of other ideas that it might be caused from the substrate not being air-rated enough for the mycelium to colonize easily so 4 days ago I improvised 2mm diameter metal wire(flame sterilized)and punched a bunch of holes through the substrate in an attempt to air rate it in the same way you would the the grass on your lawn, this however so far has had little to no effect.

I am really lost as to how i should proceed from here, I have been growing and preparing these shrooms for bout 3 months now, I really want to be able to show something for all this time and effort i have put in. will be heaps crushing if this all fails, so I am asking, almost begging any experienced growers that might know what is going on if could please lend me some of your wisdom and experience, I will pretty much love you forever :P. Thanks for taking time to read my post :smile: greatly looking forward to hearing back from you guys, peace.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleeLShaMukO
Male User Gallery

Loc: far away
Re: Pan Cyan Stalled Bulk Grow [Re: Adolf]
    #14389766 - 05/02/11 04:41 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I improvised 2mm diameter metal wire(flame sterilized)and punched a bunch of holes through the substrate in an attempt to air rate it in the same way you would the the grass on your lawn, this however so far has had little to no effect.

this is not a good idea and will not work with mushrooms.

did you made holes on your tub for air ?

Quote:

This was all done over 3 weeks ago

by what you are saying
your grow is contaminated , sorry :frown:
pics can get you a better answer.

--------------------

Offlinesteelmonkey
Homejigger
Male

Loc: Nova Scotia,Canada Flag
Re: Pan Cyan Stalled Bulk Grow [Re: eLShaMukO]
    #14389825 - 05/02/11 04:55 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I need pics,it sounds like cobweb to me but Pan cyan mycelium is also very faint and whispy I'd really need to see pics before saying what it is

--------------------

Offlinehealing
Strangest
Female

Loc: the universe, the milky w...
Re: Pan Cyan Stalled Bulk Grow [Re: Adolf]
    #14389865 - 05/02/11 05:02 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Adolf said:
Heyy :smile:
As this is my first time growing shrooms I am a little lost on what to do next and what may have gone wrong with my grow, I have searched the forum high and low but have come up with nothing that helps my situation at all, really in need for some expert help and opinions.
I have recently transferred my colonized 7 BRF pan cyan cakes to a bulk grow of Cow manure/coco coir/verm/coffee grounds/gypsum and lime to balance ph.
The majority of cakes were bout 80-90% colonized but they had been sitting at right temps/humidity for well over a month, had completely stalled out (I think I used too much LC and ruined the water content here), decided to go ahead and use them anyway. I prepared the bulk substrate with a brick of coco coir, same amount of field aged cow manure(one bucket), bucket of verm, roughly 15% coffee grounds and 15% gypsum (Substrate pasteurized with pillow case tek). Layed a thin layer of about 1/2 inch in 2 plastic tubs(25 by 35cm)that were lined with al foil, broke up cakes into small pieces and spread evenly over the layer of substrate in both plastic tubs. I added a bit more substrate and mixed it up a bit with the broken BRF cake pieces then covered the mix with more substrate to a depth of almost 2 inches. I covered the top of the plastic tubs with alfoil to keep moisture in and prevent light while colonizing but also punched small air holes to have air exchange, then i placed the tubs holding the substrate into large sealed plastic storage containers to keep them incubated and out of the way till fully colonized.
This was all done over 3 weeks ago, have been checking on it every few days to see progress, after 4 or so days i finally noticed something, had the beginnings of growth with really faint mycelium webs starting to form on top. That was about 2 weeks ago, since then very little has changed, the mycelium webs are still quite faint but have increased only just noticeably (have to shine a little LED lighter torch just to see most of it). It looks like a very small spider has been walking all over the substrate leaving the faintest web i have ever seen, thats when looking up close, standing a meter an half back you would hardly be able to tell if it had started colonizing or not.

I am completely lost as to what to do next and why it is taking so long to colonize or if it is still even colonizing.. I am fairly certain that the water content was correct when cased in bulk, havent seen one sign of contam since i started, ph was in range, I live in ideal temps (average 27-34 Celsius every day of the year and from 70 - 100% humidity) it is even a wild pan cyan strain that i collected only a few mins drive from my house, cow manure came from same place as well.
I thought maybe from lack of other ideas that it might be caused from the substrate not being air-rated enough for the mycelium to colonize easily so 4 days ago I improvised 2mm diameter metal wire(flame sterilized)and punched a bunch of holes through the substrate in an attempt to air rate it in the same way you would the the grass on your lawn, this however so far has had little to no effect.

I am really lost as to how i should proceed from here, I have been growing and preparing these shrooms for bout 3 months now, I really want to be able to show something for all this time and effort i have put in. will be heaps crushing if this all fails, so I am asking, almost begging any experienced growers that might know what is going on if could please lend me some of your wisdom and experience, I will pretty much love you forever :P. Thanks for taking time to read my post :smile: greatly looking forward to hearing back from you guys, peace.

Follow the proper procedures. Watch this-> mushroomvideos.com It will teach you how to do this properly.

Please use paragraphs properly. It's hard to read a huge block of text.

--------------------
Open mind, open heart, open book.

Edited by healing (05/02/11 05:03 PM)

OfflineAdolf
Stranger
Re: Pan Cyan Stalled Bulk Grow [Re: healing]
    #14390054 - 05/02/11 05:35 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

@InvisibleeLShaMukO
Quote:

healing said:

Follow the proper procedures. Watch this-> mushroomvideos.com It will teach you how to do this properly.

Please use paragraphs properly. It's hard to read a huge block of text.

Yeah I have watched those videos many times but really?? I have taken all the useful information and correct procedures that applied to what im growing and how i wanted to grow it. please show me anywhere on that site that has ANYTHING relevant to the questions and problems I have with my grow??

And i wasnt writing a sa on shrooms, didn't really think too much about correct grammar just made sure that it made sense and that my ideas were separated by paragraphs, it is more of a list of things i have done so far. I dont think I know anyone who can't read sentences off a computer screen, sounds like you need some glasses buddy.

OfflineAdolf
Stranger
Re: Pan Cyan Stalled Bulk Grow [Re: steelmonkey]
    #14390124 - 05/02/11 05:47 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

eLShaMukO said:

this is not a good idea and will not work with mushrooms.

did you made holes on your tub for air ?

by what you are saying
your grow is contaminated , sorry :frown:
pics can get you a better answer.

Hmm yeah was a little bit on the fence about stabbing the sub to air rate but didnt think could hurt, hope didnt damage it.

I have planned to suspend the plastic trays above perlite in a SGFC, so far i was waiting for it to colonize before i cracked into drilling all those holes for the shot gun. I didn't think it would need a great deal air when colonizing the sub in a similar way that a cake that is colonizing in a jar would get minimal air exchange, I figured that when i opened it up to check on its progress every 2nd- 3rd day or so would be enough, I dunno could this be causing the slow growth?

Quote:

steelmonkey said:
Yeah I need pics,it sounds like cobweb to me but Pan cyan mycelium is also very faint and whispy I'd really need to see pics before saying what it is

Alright will wipp out the camera and take a few pics of it and hopefully upload soon. in my opinion it doesnt look like a contam, it still looks like white mycelium but as you said it is very faint and wispy.

Thank you heaps for helpin out with this :wink: just really hoping everything isnt lost..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate