Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLostMetropolis
A Stranger AmongStrangers

Loc: In The Machine
Difference between strains?
    #1435288 - 04/07/03 03:23 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

What is the difference between strains like Thailand Pink Buffalo, Lipa Yi, Azurescends, etc? Are the different in potency or something? Which is the best for a first timer?

Thanks, peace

--------------------
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Difference between strains? [Re: LostMetropolis]
    #1435994 - 04/07/03 11:47 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Phenotypically there are differences... such as wheather the stems are fiberous or soild, cap color and size, overall mushroom size, etc. All the strains you mentioned above will have similar psliocybin potency, as will all other cubes. Perhaps some will be slighty higher, but it would be humanly imposible to tell during a trip.

For a begining grower, I would sugest a strain that is robust and that is agressive and can colonize the substrate you provided for it fast. The faster the better . . . slower strains are more suceptable to contamination.

If the strains you mentioned above are what you are considering growing, then based on my experience I would sugest pink buffalo. I had a very high sucess rate with PB. 100% of all my cakes and casings made it to the 3rd flush, I only lost 3 cakes and 1 casing in the late flushes due to contamination. But if you're steril and careful, you can have a high sucess rate with any strain of cube.

Other strains I consider to be easier then the rest:

Hawaiians
Creepers
Peurto Ricans
South Americans
Golden Teachers

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Difference between strains? [Re: djd586]
    #1445753 - 04/10/03 04:50 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

Incorrect. A 15% variation in alkaloid content between different cubensis spore races would be noticable in terms of blue-staining and in terms of potency. And this variation has been demonstrated in measurements by Stivje and DeMeijer in 1993.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate