Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedavie21
Stranger
Hallucination Question
    #1434821 - 04/06/03 10:50 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

When I was younger, I had a bad flu and my temperature got so high I hallucinated. When I hallucinated, I saw nightmares and things that scared the shit out of me.
I am really interested in trying shrooms and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they think i would hallucinate scary, disturbing things? or if there are things i can do to prevent scary things from being a part of my whole tripping experience?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Hallucination Question [Re: davie21]
    #1434867 - 04/06/03 11:03 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

mushroom hallucinations aren't the same. You don't just "see shit that isn't there." The visual hallucinations are more like.. the leaves on the ground are arranged in a pattern.. the tree branches are morphing.. lines in the sky.. fractal morphing objects.. You can have amazing "hallucinations" when you close your eyes, but I'm afraid mushrooms aren't what you think.. you aren't going to be chased by your evil washing machine, for example.

I almost wanna say read a bunch of trip reports and then you'll see what mushroom trips are about, but that's not really true and could give you all kinds of unrealistic expectations. I reccomend just eating a low dose like 2 grams.. you may hallucinate visually, but you probably won't, and if you do it will be very geometric in nature and manageable. Things you see on mushrooms aren't really where bad trips come from. That stuff happens in your head.. I suspect you're going to be surprised how little emphasis is put on open-eye visuals by mushrooms. Have fun!

Offlinemesq
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

#1434874 - 04/06/03 11:05 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I think I would classify what you experienced as a delusional state rather than hallucinations...

Shrooming will be nothing like that at all..

Set: ie what your intent for the trip is and what your state of mind is like

and

Setting: where you will trip and with who

are large factors in what kind of trip you have.. I think there is something in the FAQS about this kinds stuff.

Offlinemarcosbj
Harmony, theequilibrium

Loc: Brazil
Re: Hallucination Question [Re: Dogomush]
    #1435684 - 04/07/03 09:32 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

yes, that?s true........when on mushrooms, you do not see monsters coming to attack you or such things......sometimes, you see some different stuff, but you know it?s not there (different of Datura, when you don?t know what?s real and what?s not)

but this can change according to the path you chose to walk....

if you do mushrooms more to have the recreative side, you may see things, like gnomes or whatever you think is cool.......
but when you do it for self-knoledge, you don?t really see crazy things.....
it only happens inside the brain (and soul, i?d say)

I reccomend balance......one trip I go for the deepest dark corner in my mind and whenever I have an opportunity to eat t with my friends, i like just watching the crazy gnomes and other fun creatures.

--------------------
www.cogumelosmagicos.org

The Magic Mushrooms in Portuguese.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1437009 - 04/07/03 05:50 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

If you are worried, start out with a nice low dose and learn to enjoy the subtle to the world around you... a slight shift in color, wider sounds, the kiss of the wind passing through the trees, etc.  After you get used to the feeling, raise the doses until you find the level you like and enjoy.

Ignore the yoyos that push you with peer pressure to do more than you are comfortable with.  If you disrespect the shroom, she will bite you.  :smile:  Remember, anything you are feeling will be amplified.  If you are happy and content, you will have a very good time.  If you are worried or depressed, your ride will be rough.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinejarby
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Hallucination Question [Re: Seuss]
    #1437596 - 04/07/03 09:12 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I have a question I've been meaning to ask. I think I've had hallucinations while trying to sleep at night. I've never tried acid so they aren't some kind of flashbacks. Its happened twice that I can remember clearly. It'll happen when its dark in my room and I'm struggling to sleep. I'll sit up due to the feeling of an anxiety attack or something coming on, and sort of gaze around the room. All of a sudden, just as I look at something, I'll see something shoot at me. I can remember two of the things I've seen. One was a spaceship from an Oasis video (all around the world), and one was this weird black tall thing that I can't describe - some kind of creature from a video game or something. Anyway I'll just turn and catch them in the corner of my eye, and they'll shoot at me - to the point that I feel the need to duck, and then dissapear instantly. Anyone have anything similar before, or can explain what these are? Sorry if I'm a bit off topic here.

OfflineFun
Person
Re: Hallucination Question [Re: jarby]
    #1437973 - 04/07/03 11:33 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

One of my trips I figured out the meaning of life (MY life). Ever heard the expression "blow your mind"? Well, it was LITERALLY like someone was sucking my dick, except, my brain instead. For like 45 minutes I was having brain orgasms. My roomates were a little scared of me cause I kept walking around the room with this hellacious smile and glint in my eye stomping the floor in joy. It was an amazing feeling.

One of my trips was with some friends here in Boston right before we saw Psychedelic Breakfast. We ate about 2.5 grams each, maybe a little closer to 3, in chocolate form. When we got to the show we were feeling good. I danced my ass off. I think I was soaked in sweat. In between Psychedelic Breakfast and Jiggle (PB opened), we were standing around feeling the air of the air conditioning. I couldn't help but keep thinking we were in something similar to "Total Recall" on Mars. It was a club: lots of people, aged walls, air ducts, etc. The air coming out of the ducts felt soooooo damn FAKE! but it was cooling me off. I was feeling pretty low. We had to split early to catch the T back to Berklee (subway). On the way back, I couldn't stop thinking about how overpopulated the earth is getting. I kept picturing "abercrombie & fitch" like people wandering the earth looking for a place to live. But no matter where they traveled, they always ran into somebody else. Then I started thinking how crappy cities are, and how disgustingly polluted the entire planet is and how worthless money is. I "knew" that it was irreversible. I also couldn't stop thinking how cold everybody was. When we were headed to the show, we stopped and asked a woman for directions cause we couldn't find it right away. Her eyes were glued to the sidewalk when I approached her, and she refused to acknowledge me until my 3rd urgent "excuse me". When she looked up, she had an almost fearful look in her eyes: She just wanted to go home. But when she realized we just needed directions to a club that was a block away, her face softened, and even dared a smile before she hurried on her way. Damnit! I almost forgot about this part too.
On our way out from the club, there was a fat man completely wasted. If I remember correctly, he was having a really hard time standing, let alone walking in an obviously staggered line. Did anyone come to his aid? No. But what really bothered me was the fact that the host said in a particular unsympathetic manner "Goodbye! Have a good night!" Now obviously I could've offered this man my help, but we had to book to catch the T. But couldn't the host or manager or employee of this club offer help to its guests?
That night was awesome because I got to hang with some good friends, and groove to some good music. But I felt extremely sick that night. Sick in the stomach, and sick in my head.
Sometimes the fungus gets your brain goin' to places it don't want to go.
All in all, grab your best friend, eat some shroomies, kick on the tunes and let go.

OfflineDeEJaYBrU
Stranger

Re: Hallucination Question [Re: Fun]
    #1454230 - 04/13/03 03:50 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

yeah i triped from the flu once too i felt like i was in control of everything in existance at once it was quite overwhelming but not very visual i would compare it to a oral pot high.shrooms is very differnt but it can also be overwhelming so start off with a low dose 2 grams should be enough for your first time just to get a feel for it.PLUR!!!!

Invisibleno-tone
Enema Bag Jones

Loc: Warm, Moist and Dark
    #1474179 - 04/19/03 07:46 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds like you were lucid dreaming.

--------------------
Man thinks. God laughs. - Jewish Proverb

Offlineruskifile
droog

Loc: nowhere
    #1490045 - 04/24/03 03:17 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

nuh, I don't think it was lucid dreaming. I thought lucid dreams were where you had actual conscious control over what is happening in the dream, so you can deliberately influence it while you're in it  :confused: i could be wrong tho...

I've had a similar thing happen like you have jarby, where I saw my furniture jumping around and changing sizes...the doc said it was a "hypnagogic reaction" which is a normal but rare state of hallucination which may be of vivid, frightening dream like experiences that occur in the transition from wakefulness to sleep or from sleep to wakefulness.

"hypnagogic" (seeing things on falling asleep) and "hypnapompic" (seeing things on waking up)

i think  :grin:

--------------------
(zhukov in a previous life....)

2SER FM underground radio

Invisibleno-tone
Enema Bag Jones

Loc: Warm, Moist and Dark
Re: Hallucination Question [Re: ruskifile]
    #1490869 - 04/24/03 07:26 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, lucid dreaming is when you can control the dream.

But when you're laying in bed and not quite sleeping and not quite awake, its an ideal time to start lucid dreaming.

Often people will get the sensation that they are paralyzed, or floating above their bed during this inbetween mode.

--------------------
Man thinks. God laughs. - Jewish Proverb

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract