Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBillowingShrums
Student

LSH tek and trip report
    #14291828 - 04/14/11 06:26 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

My monkey is making only one hit to see how it goes.
STEPS
1)grind up 15 hbwr seeds
2)soak for 24 hrs in naphtha
3)dispose of naphtha keep seeds and let dry
4)dampen dry seeds with lemon juice (to defat)
5)once dry do another naphtha soak for 24hrs
6)dispose of naphtha keep seeds and let dry
7)soak in acetone for 24 hours
8)remove acetone (keep) and let evaporate on glass surface; once evaporated scrape up residue and save in glass container
9)soak seeds in acetone 2-5 more times and repeat step 8
10)throw seeds away and disolve residue (LSA) left by acetone in distilled water (if you can't dissolve it all in the water redisolve in acetone)
11)take distilled water solution and strain it through cotton (do not use a coffee filter) onto a glass surface to evaporate
12)scrape up leftover residue and disolve into distilled water (or vodka/rum)
13)add a few drops of peppermint oil to solution and place in freezer for an hour or more
14)remove from freezer, take some, and seceretly put some in your friends drink  :laugh2:

My monkey will be taking LSH made by this tek in a few days (2 or 3).  He WILL be writing a trip report so stay tuned.

--------------------
Have had experiences with:
Weed, Alcohol, Dimenhydrinate, Shrooms, Acid, Hydrocodone, Colanapin, Suboxin, DXM, Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Seeds(LSA), Synthetic Herbs(JWH or K2), 2c-i, Oxycodone, Cocaine, Ecstasy, Nitrous Oxide, Sulfur Hexafluoride

Everyting I say on this website is hypothetical.  I donnot participate in or condone any illegal activity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleifoundwaldo

Loc: Denver, CO Flag
Re: LSH tek and trip report [Re: BillowingShrums]
    #14291862 - 04/14/11 06:34 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I don't really understand step 4 (to defat). If anything, the lemon juice will acidify the seeds and leech LSA from them. Not necessary.

Also, after step 13, I've heard you have to agitate the heck out of that solution to form LSH.
Also, a small amount of alcohol would facilitate the process (i.e. choose vodka/rum over water).

Best of luck.

--------------------

OfflineBillowingShrums
Student

Re: LSH tek and trip report [Re: ifoundwaldo]
    #14292164 - 04/14/11 07:43 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

yea thats why you only dampen it with lemon it will bring out the ickies; youll notice the seed powder get gooie and sticky there will be a jelly like substance that leeches out of it. the lemon juice basically exposes toxins so theyre pulled more effeciently and peppermint oil also contains alcohol but yes vodka helps a lot its hard to do with just peppermint oil good point

--------------------
Weed, Alcohol, Dimenhydrinate, Shrooms, Acid, Hydrocodone, Colanapin, Suboxin, DXM, Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Seeds(LSA), Synthetic Herbs(JWH or K2), 2c-i, Oxycodone, Cocaine, Ecstasy, Nitrous Oxide, Sulfur Hexafluoride

Everyting I say on this website is hypothetical.  I donnot participate in or condone any illegal activity.

Offlinerhave
Stranger

#14292817 - 04/14/11 09:31 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I'd skip the first naphtha rinse, adding the lemon juice before the naphtha makes sure it's acidic which should minimize any loss in the naphtha.

Is acetone more selective for LSA than ethanol?  Net gossip says it's somewhat reactive toward some LSAs and would destroy them. :shrug:

Dry ethanol/methanol might be better(I assume your trying to avoid the water soluble but alcohol/acetone insoluble parts). Acetone tends not to be dry from the bottle either so if you want to be anal about it get some anhydrous NaCO3.

I wish you luck, and hope you post results. there isn't much reliable info on extracting lsa out there, a lot of theoretical extractions but not many that show actual results.

Offlinejingus

Loc: Oregon, U.S. Flag
Re: LSH tek and trip report [Re: rhave]
    #14293607 - 04/15/11 12:35 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

no no, you're doing it all wrong

1st, i don't know for sure, but i have a bad feeling about acidifying (with lemon juice) the LSA, as it is notoriously unstable.

2nd, you need an excess of alcohol (ethanol) present with your peppermint (supposedly peppermint oil=acetaldehyde).  This is because acetaldehyde forms an adduct with alcohol to yield the hydroxyethylamide (LSH) that you want.  Here's a quote from Albert Hofmann from http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/references/other/1971_hofmann_bulletin-narcotics.shtml

Quote:

The main component in both seeds is d-lysergic acid amide also called ergine. In later investigations it was found that ergine and isoergine were present in the seeds to some extent in the form of their condensation product with acetaldehyde, i.e. d-lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide and d-isolysergic acid hydroxyethylamide resp. The latter compounds are very easily hydrolyzed in the course of the extraction process to provide ergine resp. isoergine and acetaldehyde.

this basically means that LSH is present in the seeds naturally, but through most extraction methods, the LSH (because unstable as is) converts to LSA + an acetaldehyde group and ethanol.  so you are trying to reverse that.  so you need ethanol (use everclear if you can) + peppermint oil.  only that would give you LSH

3rd, it is unnecessary to use acetone to extract the LSA in the first place, when you could just use ethanol.  The better thing about using ethanol is that you dont have  to evaporate it all, because you can drink it.  just add your peppermint.    the LSA would be more stable in an alcohol solution, i believe.

other than that, you're still going to enjoy your product anyway :super:

have fun

--------------------

OfflineKamoopstinoops
Reality is my BITCH!!!
 User Gallery

Loc: Cunti, Angola
Re: LSH tek and trip report [Re: jingus]
    #14294393 - 04/15/11 07:22 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

SWIM has extracted LSA a few times in the past with reasonable success. However, just did a couple of naptha washes and then did the extraction with isopropyl alcohol (soaking for 12 hours and repeating the process several times) before evaporating the liquid.

Anyways IMO, waste of time and effort doing it with just 15 seeds. I'd do it with at LEAST 200 seeds, preferrably more. This is because I see a good dose of the extract to be about 30+ seeds worth (and these were potent seeds). Of course, you wouldn't eat 30 seeds you'd just get sick and I find eating too many seed constricts blood flow throughout the body which poses an increased health risk. Thats the beauty to doing this extraction, it allows you to consume a lot more seeds worth of LSA allowing you to achieve greater psychedelic headspace, with less physical symptoms.

All in all, the process takes a few days, takes time to check on it, agitate the solution, filtering and such and such... Not to mention having to buy the appropriate solvents... Is all that worth doing for 15 seeds?

--------------------
Through the Spintrinfinty of the all Tremongstanooloop, we realise that infinity may after all amount to nothing... space merely being an illusion.

OfflineBillowingShrums
Student

Re: LSH tek and trip report [Re: Kamoopstinoops]
    #14295108 - 04/15/11 11:25 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

i have about 150 more seeds and im just doing 15 to test my exctraction methods until i find one thats safe to risk on all my seeds.  And as for ethanol, isnt that just pure drinkable alcohol (moonshine)? because i can't buy that here and does that mean theres no chance of creating LSH by mixing peppermint with LSA and iso alcohol (acetone)?  I just finished the final rinses and am cotton filtering the LSA so quick advise would be appriciated

--------------------

Offlinejingus

#14296228 - 04/15/11 03:30 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

ok first, ethanol is just alcohol you drink.  this could be 'moonshine', everclear (95% ethanol), vodka (30-40%ethanol), or wine. 

there is no chance of making LSH with anything but ethanol.  Isopropyl alcohol is also known as rubbing alcohol and that poisonous.  if you consume enough i believe you can go blind.  it is NOT the same as acetone.  look up shit on wikipedia.

and i really hope you know to evaporate 100% of the naptha because that's also toxic.  make sure that shit's dry. 

Quote:

Kamoopstinoops said:
SWIM has extracted LSA a few times in the past with reasonable success. However, just did a couple of naptha washes and then did the extraction with isopropyl alcohol (soaking for 12 hours and repeating the process several times) before evaporating the liquid.

Anyways IMO, waste of time and effort doing it with just 15 seeds. I'd do it with at LEAST 200 seeds, preferrably more. This is because I see a good dose of the extract to be about 30+ seeds worth (and these were potent seeds). Of course, you wouldn't eat 30 seeds you'd just get sick and I find eating too many seed constricts blood flow throughout the body which poses an increased health risk. Thats the beauty to doing this extraction, it allows you to consume a lot more seeds worth of LSA allowing you to achieve greater psychedelic headspace, with less physical symptoms.

All in all, the process takes a few days, takes time to check on it, agitate the solution, filtering and such and such... Not to mention having to buy the appropriate solvents... Is all that worth doing for 15 seeds?

^listen to this guy

it IS a waste of chemicals (naptha and alcohol or whatever you use to extarct it)  to use a bunch only for one dose.

--------------------

OfflineKamoopstinoops
Reality is my BITCH!!!
 User Gallery

#14296671 - 04/15/11 05:09 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Isopropyl alcohol is fine to use and easy to get. Just remember to use 99% with no additives and it MUST BE COMPLETELY EVAPORATED due to its toxicity.

--------------------
Through the Spintrinfinty of the all Tremongstanooloop, we realise that infinity may after all amount to nothing... space merely being an illusion.

Offlinerhave
Stranger

#14298710 - 04/15/11 11:34 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I don't see how ethanol is required for the LSA+ethanal-->LSH. If you use peppermint extract there's tons more ethanol than ethanal anyways.

If you did this over NaSO4 then reduced you might be able to get some "LAE" one less ethyl than LSD.  :bigyesnod:

OfflineBillowingShrums
Student

Re: LSH tek and trip report [Re: rhave]
    #14300222 - 04/16/11 09:55 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I wish i was a chemist so id know what youre talking about and try LAE.  i know no to drink iso alcohol and as for peppermint oil im pretty sure it contains methanol not ethanol and its disguisting to consume even a drop of it.  Well anyways heres my trip report... no visuals no body buzz no mindfuck no tripping haha.  I made the mistake of using a hair drier because i read LSA is pretty stable in heat unlike LSH. odbviosly i was reading something from an idiot im trying again starting today with 20 seeds.  hows that sound? again i dont wanna use a lot of seeds because something could go wrong like in my previous attempt.

--------------------

OfflineBillowingShrums
Student

#14300481 - 04/16/11 11:33 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Do any of you know if the toxins in hbwr are heat sensative ? because if they aren't then at least i know my non-polar extraction worked  :dancer: If i did a CWE then put naphtha in the finished product would the naphtha bond with the toxins and float to the top of the water so i could remove it?

--------------------

OfflineBillowingShrums
Student

#14314774 - 04/18/11 11:32 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

If any of you come back to read this my monkey found out that LSA can be converted to LSH but only if you are a chemist with proper lighting, chemicals, knowledge, and a glove box/clean room full of inert gasses.  LSH cannot be synthezised by some average joe monkey with a jar full of seeds vodka and peppermint juice

--------------------

OfflineAzure Essence
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #14314941 - 04/19/11 12:04 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Kamoopstinoops said:
Isopropyl alcohol is fine to use and easy to get. Just remember to use 99% with no additives and it MUST BE COMPLETELY EVAPORATED due to its toxicity.

Can you post your method? I have roughly 160 grams of Morning Glory seeds, so I figure that's a decent reason to just want to extract the LSA itself.

Also, dosage recommendations for pure LSA?

Offlinejingus

Re: LSH tek and trip report [Re: Azure Essence]
    #14315016 - 04/19/11 12:16 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

http://wiki.dmt-nexus.com/PanoraMIX_HBWR_Extract

but on STEP 4:  Evaporate ALL the naptha, and avoid light in all stages. 

ALSO, Naptha is not the best solvent to choose.  if you have the money and resources, diethyl ether would be better, but that's not generally practical. 

so when using naptha; Know

Not all brands of Naptha are the same
some are better, but assume they all contain impurities.

Naptha has carcinogens

Naptha can also accumulate and is explosive, so don't evaporate inside. 

ask any questions

--------------------

OfflineAzure Essence
Male User Gallery

#14315097 - 04/19/11 12:33 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks I'll check that out. On step 5, does it mean do the whole process of letting it sit for 30, then pull 2-3 times?

Also, what about the other alkaloids? Is it pulling out JUST LSA, or other things aswell?

And how would you compare the sedative aspect of LSA with mushrooms? Should I caffeinate a bit before I dose?

Edited by Azure Essence (04/19/11 12:39 AM)

OfflineKamoopstinoops
Reality is my BITCH!!!
 User Gallery

#14315199 - 04/19/11 12:51 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

No problem Azure Essence. My method is fairly simple, although I've never done it with morning glory seeds but should work out the same I'd imagine.

First I grind the seeds to dust then wash in naptha for 1 hr, filter then discard liquid. I repeat this process one more time.

Now the remaining seed powder should be left to dry completely until you no longer smell naptha.

I now place the seed powder in a jar and just cover it with isopropyl alcohol before closing it. I store it in the dark and agitate it every now and again keeping for a total of 12 hours, sometimes less. I then filter the liquid into another jar and store it and I repeat this process several times with the seed mush to make sure I get as much LSA out as possible. I usually do it about 6+ times for good measure and I should end up with a jar of the isopropyl alcohol solution which I then evaporate collecting the residue....

As for measuring the doses, I usually go off the amount of seeds I've used. Never tried morning glory so I can't comment there but with HBWR I calculate a good dose to be about 30+ seeds worth of calculated extract. And this is from fairly potent seeds that will get you pretty high from chewing 6. This also accounts for any LSA that may have been lost in the extraction.

--------------------

Offlinejingus

#14315559 - 04/19/11 03:15 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Kamoopstinoops said:
I now place the seed powder in a jar and just cover it with isopropyl alcohol before closing it. I store it in the dark and agitate it every now and again keeping for a total of 12 hours, sometimes less. I then filter the liquid into another jar and store it and I repeat this process several times with the seed mush to make sure I get as much LSA out as possible. I usually do it about 6+ times for good measure and I should end up with a jar of the isopropyl alcohol solution which I then evaporate collecting the residue....

so yes.  that is describing 6+ 'pulls'

also
Quote:

Azure Essence said:
And how would you compare the sedative aspect of LSA with mushrooms? Should I caffeinate a bit before I dose?

it is a comfortable, meditative-mindset type sedating.  I wouldn't want to mess that up with caffeine, personally

and for each pull of the solvent, you can use Ethanol or Isopropyl, but the longer you let the seed powder soak in your solvent, the more alkaloids you will extract into your solution.

i believe the extract will be mostly LSA, but along with other LSA's that are present in the seeds

--------------------

OfflineBillowingShrums
Student

#14316260 - 04/19/11 09:28 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Donnot use caffene because it is a vasoconstrictor and LSA is a major vasoconstrictor.  And yes you would be removing other things than LSA like jingus said either is the way to go but you probably can't get it.  If you want the lsa more pure dissolve it in distilled water with just a few drops of lemon juice and when it's completely dissolved filter it with cotton.  Kamoopstinoops, have you really dosed 30 seeds of extract using naphtha as the only non-polar solvent and not experienced any nausea or vasoconstriction?

--------------------

Edited by BillowingShrums (04/19/11 09:30 AM)

OfflineAzure Essence
Male User Gallery

#14319030 - 04/19/11 06:32 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Noted on the caffeine, but I WANT to pull extra alkaloids because of sunset missions thread about the ergolines

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale