Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGrimShadow
Stranger
what is the best LC mixure that colonizes fast and has little contam?
    #14282911 - 04/13/11 09:38 AM (13 years, 6 days ago)

what is the best LC mixure that colonizes fast and has little contam?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineesquaredx
 User Gallery

Loc: Dutch Country
Re: what is the best LC mixure that colonizes fast and has little contam? [Re: GrimShadow]
    #14282920 - 04/13/11 09:42 AM (13 years, 6 days ago)

Grain LC :wink:

--------------------

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation is turned off.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: what is the best LC mixure that colonizes fast and has little contam? [Re: GrimShadow]
    #14282948 - 04/13/11 09:49 AM (13 years, 6 days ago)

All LC mixtures are equally prone to contamination, thus is the nature of the liquid medium. 

The LC recipe that I'v personally found to colonize the liquid medium quickly as well as the grains quickly would be 1 table spoon of light malt extract and dextrose per quart of boiling water, PC'ed for 20 minutes, left to cool to room temperature, then inoculated.  You can cut the dextrose out of the fore-mentioned LC recipe and that works great too. 

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

InvisibleTranscendingLife
I Don't Need a Life to Live
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: what is the best LC mixure that colonizes fast and has little contam? [Re: esquaredx]
    #14282961 - 04/13/11 09:53 AM (13 years, 6 days ago)

:whathesaid:

I've started messing w/ LCs & probably going to run an experiment w/ them testing nutrients & how they're used in an LC.

GLCs are by far the best way to go.

If you're just going to do a standard LC tek (not GLC)

I use:
1 g (Extra) Light Malt Extract per 500mL water
Boil the water, dump the (E)LME & stir till dissolved
Load your jar & PC for 25-40 min @ 15 PSI
Let cool overnight
Inoculate w/ MS, LC, GLC or agar wedge.

--------------------
AMU: We Quickly Answer Questions Here
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs
"You are as dead now as you will ever be" - Seth

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: what is the best LC mixure that colonizes fast and has little contam? [Re: TranscendingLife]
    #14282971 - 04/13/11 09:56 AM (13 years, 6 days ago)

:werd:

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

InvisibleMr. Anderson
πριν από το χρόνο κάποιου
 User Gallery

Loc: Torn between the roots of...
Re: what is the best LC mixure that colonizes fast and has little contam? [Re: hamloaf]
    #14282999 - 04/13/11 10:06 AM (13 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

hamloaf said:
All LC mixtures are equally prone to contamination, thus is the nature of the liquid medium. 

The LC recipe that I'v personally found to colonize the liquid medium quickly as well as the grains quickly would be 1 table spoon of light malt extract and dextrose per quart of boiling water, PC'ed for 20 minutes, left to cool to room temperature, then inoculated.  You can cut the dextrose out of the fore-mentioned LC recipe and that works great too. 

I use this recipe, works great :thumbup:

By quart do you mean 500 mL? That's how much water I use per 1 tbsp ELME & 1 tbsp dextrose.

--------------------

Disclaimer: All posts are completely fictional and or for educational purposes only.

InvisibleMorelman
LC Master
 User Gallery

Loc: Hiding under an Elm Tree Flag
Re: what is the best LC mixure that colonizes fast and has little contam? *DELETED* [Re: Mr. Anderson]
    #14285178 - 04/13/11 05:05 PM (13 years, 6 days ago)

Post deleted by Morelman

Reason for deletion: Never again...

--------------------

Edited by Morelman (04/13/11 05:24 PM)

OfflineGrimShadow
Stranger
Re: what is the best LC mixure that colonizes fast and has little contam? [Re: Morelman]
    #15185519 - 10/06/11 09:03 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

that actually work?

InvisibleMeetzu
G̙̗͙̞̮͖̥a͉̭̹r̝̹͖̬d̞̮̻̪en̫̭e̱r̼
Male

Re: what is the best LC mixure that colonizes fast and has little contam? [Re: Mr. Anderson]
    #15185546 - 10/06/11 09:11 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mr. Anderson said:
Quote:

hamloaf said:

I use this recipe, works great :thumbup:

By quart do you mean 500 mL? That's how much water I use per 1 tbsp ELME & 1 tbsp dextrose.

:shrug: I usually use around 1.5-2% of total volume when using ELME alone. I prefer this over the others I have tried (honey, karo).

--------------------

OfflineGrimShadow
Stranger
Re: what is the best LC mixure that colonizes fast and has little contam? [Re: Meetzu]
    #15185622 - 10/06/11 09:31 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I was looking at the GLC and it looks much easier also. Fhat has it set up for corn but i assume i can use any grain?

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #15186174 - 10/06/11 12:01 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

yes, you can use any grain.

A lot of people prefer popcorn for GLCs because the mycelium easily comes of the exterior of the grain.
Personally, I use WBS, because that's the grain I have lying around.

Mycelium disturbed after 130cc of sterile water injected:

The finished product:

Now you can inoculate an LC jar w/ your GLC or make a heavy LC & extract some of the clean (non-inoculated) LC & inject that into your GLC jar:

GLC Jars hit up w/ a clean LC solution:

I've done this before w/ great results:
GLC 2 weeks after extraction:

GLC 1 week after injecting 30cc of light clean LC solution:

Hope that helps.

--------------------
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs

Offlinepkilly126
I Am The One Who Knocks..
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Mexico Flag
Re: what is the best LC mixure that colonizes fast and has little contam? [Re: TranscendingLife]
    #18770279 - 08/28/13 08:10 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TranscendingLife said:

I've started messing w/ LCs & probably going to run an experiment w/ them testing nutrients & how they're used in an LC.

GLCs are by far the best way to go.

If you're just going to do a standard LC tek (not GLC)

I use:
1 g (Extra) Light Malt Extract per 500mL water
Boil the water, dump the (E)LME & stir till dissolved
Load your jar & PC for 25-40 min @ 15 PSI
Let cool overnight
Inoculate w/ MS, LC, GLC or agar wedge.

Do you still feel that way TL & why is GLC the way to go IYO? I just got a bunch of LC stuff & the only things I'm short on for agar work is agar powder (i have LME) & a Laminar Flow Hood so I could do both GLC &  a regular LC which I think I will, I just wanted to know why you think GLC's superior?

--------------------
"Nothing stops this train.. nothing!"

InvisibleKing of Pain
Male User Gallery

Loc: utah
Re: what is the best LC mixure that colonizes fast and has little contam? [Re: pkilly126]
    #18770783 - 08/28/13 09:43 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Do you still feel that way TL & why is GLC the way to go IYO? I just got a bunch of LC stuff & the only things I'm short on for agar work is agar powder (i have LME) & a Laminar Flow Hood so I could do both GLC &  a regular LC which I think I will, I just wanted to know why you think GLC's superior?

This thread is over a year old dude.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: what is the best LC mixure that colonizes fast and has little contam? [Re: King of Pain]
    #18772708 - 08/29/13 11:41 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

& no.
I can't remember the last time I touched a syringe. Let alone used one for mycology.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag