Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
Damn running shoes make a difference
    #14264038 - 04/09/11 06:54 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

Back in August I bought my first pair of running shoes, Under Armor's that were similar to this: http://sportscrazyforum.com/bestpricestore/img/13/1491.jpg (pic is big didn't want to throw it in here)

My professor recommended I go to this little shoe shop off campus so I did.  I was like... it's probably like every other shoe store, walk in, get shoes, walk out.

I walk in, they ask me if I need help I said yea I'm lookin for a new running shoe and he tells me I've come to the right place and shit(yea good business spiel)  Now, for the last couple years all I've worn is skate shoes or grabbed a shoe from foot locker where some teen who probably got about 20 minutes of training worked.

This fucker knew his shit.  He asked me to stand and said it looked like I have smaller than usual arches and asked if I get shin splints from the under armor shoe(I don't.)  Then he took the under armor shoe at the heel and toe box and twisted it with no problem and said "Under armor makes some quality stuff but their running shoe is nothing special yet" 

He said with my arches I should have more support in that area to keep me from pronating my feet when running and had me try on 2 pairs of these Asic 2160's.  So they're comfortable and what not but he asks if I want to go for a run with them right then.  I'm like uh seriously? Hell yea, me and this guy went on a run down through these alley ways probably a half mile total and I was blown away, I thought the under armor shoe was good till I tried these things.  I told the guy thanks but I didnt have the money on me but I would be back tomorrow(yesterday) and he said awesome and he'd give me a break because I'm going to the college.  I went home, do my research, the shoe online goes for 100$+ S&H and they were 100 at the store.  I go back and he said I can takem for $88 and if i don't like them in a month he'll give me a new pair.

Now, I know this is a retardedly long drawn out post about me shoe shopping but this guy just got a long time customer who will recommend his friends to do business with him.  If only every business was run this way...

Shoes are ballin though I ran my 3 miles with no foot pain, kinda mad I didn't go for these sooner.

Also he talked me out of the more expensive shoe saying they weren't worth the price and said they don't even advertise the store, it's word of mouth only, they're doing a great freakin job though I have my 2 buddies headed there soon

Any other runners using asic's?Anyone else like other shoes???

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenicolerc
Newbie :D
Female

Loc: Florida
Re: Damn running shoes make a difference [Re: PreparationH]
    #14264149 - 04/09/11 07:54 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

I just got these.  I'm lovin em so far.

Invisible6th
Last of my kind
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Desert
Re: Damn running shoes make a difference [Re: PreparationH]
    #14264154 - 04/09/11 07:54 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

Sick shoes brah. :awethumb: Ive had no experience with Asics but ive heard they make a good running shoe.

A good shoe definitely makes all the difference, especially on long runs. 2 weeks ago i finally replaced my old running shoes that I've had for over 2 years. I went with Adidas Titans.

They are extremely lightweight and very machine washable which is a big plus for me since i run in dirt most of the time. The farthest ive ran in them so far is 7 miles. I ran 16 miles this week and 18 miles last week and have had minimal issues with soreness and blistering (much to my surprise). I love them so far, my last shoes were fucking killing me... literally. The only problem I have with these new ones is that the tread seems to be wearing out somewhat quick. That may just be my fault though since im so damn fast and have a tendency to burn rubber. :smirk:

There are multiple factors one should consider when buying a shoe for physical activity. Most important would probably be pronation type. The method in the following link is good for helping someone figure out foot type and what type of shoe they should choose. http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-240-319-326-7152-0,00.html . You can also look at the bottom of your old running shoe to see where tread wear is most prominent. That will give you a good idea of your running type as well.

If the hype is to be believed, we will all be wearing these in the not so distant future.
Im curious to know if any of you all roll these bad boys (Vibrams) or just flat out bare foot it and your experiences doing such.

--------------------
Talking animals wtf... that doesn't make any damn sense.

Invisible6th
Last of my kind
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Desert
Re: Damn running shoes make a difference [Re: nicolerc]
    #14264161 - 04/09/11 07:56 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

ooooh speak of the devil. You dont have problems from impact?

--------------------
Talking animals wtf... that doesn't make any damn sense.

Offlinenicolerc
Newbie :D
Female

Loc: Florida
Re: Damn running shoes make a difference [Re: 6th]
    #14264186 - 04/09/11 08:02 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

Nope.  I had the Sprints before, but I like these better.  The only real problem I ever had with the Sprints was landing on little sharp rocks or slippery surfaces, but the Bikilas have a more protective and grippy sole with the same flexibility.  I've never really had problems with my feet though.  :shrug:

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: Damn running shoes make a difference [Re: nicolerc]
    #14266563 - 04/10/11 11:14 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

I've seen people with the vibrams and just think "one shard of glass and their run is done."  I bet they're good though, I run in boots a lot then run barefoot around a grass field for a while when I can't take the boots any longer.  That is fun too because the boots are like strength training my legs then I takem off and my legs are weightless.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates