Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSailcheese
Farmer
Successful Casing, but where are my pins?
    #1423287 - 04/02/03 01:39 PM (21 years, 1 day ago)

Hi Guys and Girls, I have been viewing this forum for almost six months now and have taken all of the vast amount of knowledge that I have obtained and built a fairly impressive setup. I have been at this for a long time but used the pf tek with the half pint canning jars before with great success,but I'm greedy.

I have three large Sterlite containers with cased organic rye spawn, the casing is a mix of three cups peat, three cups verm, a cup of oyster shells, and hydrated lyme until ph was correct. This was press cooked for i hour at 15psi. In My containers are six by three by four inches deep plastic containers with airstone bubblers with a hepa filter bubbling through aslurry of water and perelite with less that 3% bleach if that. My temps are running at a consistent 74-78 degrees F and my humidity is running at a good 95-98%. Its been almost 9 daysand no signs of pins, I also have a plant flourescent bulb on a twelve twelve timer. The casings look fine, not pulling away from sides, and mycelium coverinr roughly 30 to 40 % of the trays in the valleys.
I'm really sorry to write so much, but its my first time doing casings and I was wondering if anybody has done the same thing,and how long did you have to wait to see pins. I've been so care ful and have never even seen contamination in the two years I've been doing this I don't want to scew up now!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Successful Casing, but where are my pins? [Re: Sailcheese]
    #1423295 - 04/02/03 01:42 PM (21 years, 1 day ago)

Make sure you are fanning 2-3x a day. Mist when needed (if things look dry) and be patient. Sometimes it takes forever for pins to form.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

OfflineSailcheese
Farmer
Re: Successful Casing, but where are my pins? [Re: z@z.com]
    #1423311 - 04/02/03 01:48 PM (21 years, 1 day ago)

My friend stinky has been fanning actually 3-5 times a day just because he thinks that the humidity is running a little high, and is fanningmore often to providee adequate air exchange, and also to keep the humidity a bit lower than 98%, and he also mists the casings from time to time, every three-four days but he's worried about damaging the mycellium and halting pin growth,

Ps. Thanks for the reply

" I'm faster, smarter, and do every thing to the best of my ability"

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #1423323 - 04/02/03 01:52 PM (21 years, 1 day ago)

what strain?

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

OfflineSailcheese
Farmer
Re: Successful Casing, but where are my pins? [Re: george castanza]
    #1426914 - 04/03/03 05:52 PM (21 years, 6 hours ago)

Its a B+ strand, my ferrets thought it would be a good strain to start a new process with

OfflineE Tard
Space Cowboy
    #1426944 - 04/03/03 06:10 PM (21 years, 5 hours ago)

Quote:

Its a B+ strand, my ferrets thought it would be a good strain to start a new process with

how ironic, a few years ago i tried B+ and evidently my ferrets thought it was a good strain to - they got into my terrarium and dug everything up...

--------------------
I am not stoned.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #1426960 - 04/03/03 06:19 PM (21 years, 5 hours ago)

make sure the casing layer is moist.

you should have fruits soon grasshopper!

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom