Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation is turned off.
Trusted Cultivator
Squirel Cage Blower Motor, 2 by 4' Hepa-Filter, 300 Half-Pint Jars, and a Model 941 AA PC [50$]!!!!
    #14227910 - 04/02/11 07:32 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

First of all, let me start this post off right by asking how are you doing this fine evening?  You heard right, 50$!:eek:  :what:  :shocked:

The man who hooked this deal up bought the items for me in advance.  What he wants me to do in return is build him 1 section of a wooden fence for privacy.  I can do that.  This friend of mine is well over 50 and is in ailing health (cancer) so I don't mind doing the work.  Also, upon finishing the job, I'll be picking up 300 half pint jars as part of the deal.

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineZardos
Stranger

Loc: Flag
Re: Squirel Cage Blower Motor, 2 by 4' Hepa-Filter, 300 Half-Pint Jars, and a Model 941 AA PC [50$]!!!! [Re: hamloaf]
    #14227924 - 04/02/11 07:35 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

You lucky fuck :shocked:

--------------------
December 1960:
"They took the drug one evening at Leary's house and had a profound experience, during which Ginsburg prophetically realized that it was a time to start "a peace and love movement". He then ran naked around the house, attempted to get Kruschev and Kennedy on the telephone and announced to the operator that he was God."

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Squirel Cage Blower Motor, 2 by 4' Hepa-Filter, 300 Half-Pint Jars, and a Model 941 AA PC [50$]!!!! [Re: Zardos]
    #14227935 - 04/02/11 07:37 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I'm here to tell ya'.  Although for me, luck is not a factor.  Luck is more of an elemental equation in the situation.  I'm straight out blessed.  Sometimes it's not about where to look but more so who you know.

--------------------

OfflineAjaxx
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Re: Squirel Cage Blower Motor, 2 by 4' Hepa-Filter, 300 Half-Pint Jars, and a Model 941 AA PC [50$]!!!! [Re: hamloaf]
    #14227957 - 04/02/11 07:41 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

too bad they arent 1 quart jars. you could do a lotta monotubs...

but still, thats pretty awesome. i need to get myself a PC/sterilizer...

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Squirel Cage Blower Motor, 2 by 4' Hepa-Filter, 300 Half-Pint Jars, and a Model 941 AA PC [50$]!!!! [Re: Ajaxx]
    #14227990 - 04/02/11 07:49 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Haha, lol.  I have hundreds upon hundreds of quart jars. 

Where I'm lacking in the jar department is in half-pint wide-mouthes jars.  I hope these jars are Wide-mouthed.  They are.  From what my friend was saying about the way the dude with goods was explaining his method of growing, I think he used to grow BRF cakes inside of styrofoam coolers with a bed of perlite.  Therefore he used half-pint-wide mouthed jars.  If he could only know of a SGFC.

--------------------

InvisibleLisonAlGaib
 User Gallery

#14228040 - 04/02/11 08:00 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Wooden privacy fence right?  Like 8 or 12 feet?  Do you have to dig new post holes?  Even plane?

Yeah sick deal, but your nerdy brother is waaayyyy more interested in the fence construction.

Invisiblebiologys
Mycologist in Trainning
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Squirel Cage Blower Motor, 2 by 4' Hepa-Filter, 300 Half-Pint Jars, and a Model 941 AA PC [50$]!!!! [Re: LisonAlGaib]
    #14228240 - 04/02/11 08:51 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

you make me sick hammy :frown:

definately agree on you being blessed! lol

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Squirel Cage Blower Motor, 2 by 4' Hepa-Filter, 300 Half-Pint Jars, and a Model 941 AA PC [50$]!!!! [Re: biologys]
    #14230087 - 04/03/11 07:24 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Wooden privacy fence right?  Like 8 or 12 feet?  Do you have to dig new post holes?  Even plane?

Yes, 8', yes, fairly even plane.  I'll post a pic of the fence when I'm finished so you can critique my craftsmanship to gratify the inner fence building nerd in you.  :super:

Quote:

biologys said:
you make me sick hammy :frown:

definately agree on you being blessed! lol

Chin up biologys.  Jealousy is an ugly emotion.  One of the 7 deadly sins it is.  I can tell you're on the right path.  Just keep helping out others and always be sure to give more than you have to give to live.  Believe me, to know me personally you'd know that I'v come a long way in my tragic life and paid my dues, deserving every good thing I have coming to me. 

Hey, check it out.  This filter has a ply wood housing the fits the filter snugly with a square opening crafted in the back to zip screw the blower motor onto the housing.  The hepa filter doesn't have that back up filter (I can't remember the name of) that are used in flowhoods today. 

Here's another look at the PC only closer.  From what I can gather, this unit is a little bit of an older model. 

--------------------

InvisibleJavadog
Continuing along
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Squirel Cage Blower Motor, 2 by 4' Hepa-Filter... [Re: LisonAlGaib]
    #14230557 - 04/03/11 10:28 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

LisonAlGaib said:

Yeah sick deal, but your nerdy brother is waaayyyy more interested in the fence construction.

LOL. It is good how ever you look at it.  ;0)

What a perfect collection of parts.  ...and you will be working with
wood soon, yes?, so a flow hood is a natural result. (Oh, it is built...
...even better)

2'X4' HUGE.

A 941 HUGE AGAIN.

COOL!

JD

P.S. The look at the lid suggests that that AA was fairly well taken
care of.  Nice!

Edited by Javadog (04/03/11 10:33 AM)

InvisibleDJYoshaBYD
Male

Re: Squirel Cage Blower Motor, 2 by 4' Hepa-Filter... [Re: Javadog]
    #14230590 - 04/03/11 10:35 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

fuckin excellent score!!

Invisiblebiologys
Mycologist in Trainning
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Squirel Cage Blower Motor, 2 by 4' Hepa-Filter... [Re: DJYoshaBYD]
    #14231591 - 04/03/11 03:24 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I know ya deserve it man, I was just being an :ass:

I myself get brand new hepa's for free since my cousin works at a big plant that makes them for hospitals/lab's

just haven't got around to building a box and getting a blower lol

Invisiblearis
Feline Bovine

Loc: dl
Re: Squirel Cage Blower Motor, 2 by 4' Hepa-Filter... [Re: biologys]
    #14231716 - 04/03/11 03:49 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

YAY!!!
:bliss:

Offlinefaceyneck
Legitimate Philosopher
 User Gallery

Loc: upper body area
    #14260579 - 04/08/11 08:33 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

The hepa filter doesn't have that back up filter (I can't remember the name of) that are used in flowhoods today. 

You mean a prefilter? :justdontknow:

Generally speaking, the prefilter is mounted (...or taped, if you're like most of us. :lol: ) to the intake of the blower:

I recommend a furnace filter, in the highest filtration they have available. Also, get the biggest size, as they're all priced the same, and as you can see, I cut 1/4th of the filter which was adequate for the intake, and I have still almost the whole damn thing left. $20.00 isn't cheap for a furnace filter, but fortunately as I got 4 sections out of it, it's more like $5.00/filter. :super:

:cheers:

--------------------
Anything posted here, is total bullshit.
My Meyers-Briggs Personality: INTJ
New growers, or anyone else just needing help; I'm always glad to help right here. :grin:

We give cultivation advice here. :super:

AMU Q & A - We're glad to help
My Doggy Door Greenhouse!          First Ever Shmuvbox Tek!          Do Manure Right!

Invisiblesandman420
Saint PP
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Squirel Cage Blower Motor, 2 by 4' Hepa-Filter, 300 Half-Pint Jars, and a Model 941 AA PC [50$]!!!! [Re: faceyneck]
    #14261193 - 04/08/11 11:13 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

the way that blower is mounted right on the back of the flowhood is probably going to cause uneven airflow.

--------------------
- Sandbag Tek - How To Sterilize Spawn Bags - All About Static Pressure / Pressure Drop for DIY Flow Hoods - Sandman's LC Tek-

Marijuanaut escapes earth to cultivate - Grow-room is church temple of the new stoner breed

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Squirel Cage Blower Motor, 2 by 4' Hepa-Filter, 300 Half-Pint Jars, and a Model 941 AA PC [50$]!!!! [Re: faceyneck]
    #14286772 - 04/13/11 09:19 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

faceyneck said:
Quote:

The hepa filter doesn't have that back up filter (I can't remember the name of) that are used in flowhoods today. 

You mean a prefilter? :justdontknow:

Generally speaking, the prefilter is mounted (...or taped, if you're like most of us. :lol: ) to the intake of the blower:

I recommend a furnace filter, in the highest filtration they have available. Also, get the biggest size, as they're all priced the same, and as you can see, I cut 1/4th of the filter which was adequate for the intake, and I have still almost the whole damn thing left. $20.00 isn't cheap for a furnace filter, but fortunately as I got 4 sections out of it, it's more like $5.00/filter. :super:

:cheers:

Thanks faceyneck for the input.  Really?  You can use a return filter as a pre-filter for a flowhood?  :strokebeard:

Quote:

sandman420 said:
the way that blower is mounted right on the back of the flowhood is probably going to cause uneven airflow.

This makes sense.  I would imagine that the filter needs a plenum so that air flow can build up inside the plenum and be distributed through the filter evenly by the time the air flow got there.

--------------------

Offlinefaceyneck
Legitimate Philosopher
 User Gallery

Loc: upper body area
    #14288334 - 04/14/11 03:04 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, dude! :awesome: A furnace return filter, rated for allergen removal (...the most expensive one :rolleyes: :grrr:) is what I use. Some people just use like a piece of cloth or something, which really destroys the life of the HEPA filter. I don't know why they do such things. :justdontknow:

I read ProfessorPinHead say his first flowhood from FungiPerfecti only lasted 3 years before it was too clogged to use! :eek:

RogerRabbit has been using his for almost 15 years now, and still has plenty of flow for many years to come. That's how much of a difference a good prefilter makes.

Another thing to consider - as the furnace filter (...or the HEPA filter, really) gets dirtier and dirtier, its level of filtration becomes more and more efficient, as the micron holes become smaller and smaller. Eventually, the prefilter/furnace filter will be filtering at the same level of efficiency as the HEPA filter. After about 4 years of 2-3x weekly use, it will become too clogged, at which point you will just replace with a new furnace filter, and start the clogging process all over again.

...as for the mounting for the blower:

• If the plenum is as thick or thicker than the HEPA (...usually about 6" or so) that is enough area to achieve laminar flow.
  • The blower should be mounted so  that the stream of air is forced to turn 90-degrees on its way out the HEPA filter to achieve laminar flow. This is why the blower is typically mounted on the top of the plenum, although mounting on the bottom, or either side, would yield equivalent results.

Hope that helps, Hams. :super:

--------------------
Anything posted here, is total bullshit.
My Meyers-Briggs Personality: INTJ
New growers, or anyone else just needing help; I'm always glad to help right here. :grin:

We give cultivation advice here. :super:

AMU Q & A - We're glad to help
My Doggy Door Greenhouse!          First Ever Shmuvbox Tek!          Do Manure Right!

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Squirel Cage Blower Motor, 2 by 4' Hepa-Filter, 300 Half-Pint Jars, and a Model 941 AA PC [50$]!!!! [Re: faceyneck]
    #14393656 - 05/03/11 09:54 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Sort of, the pre-filter that's in my old flowhood is every bit as thick as the hepa-filter of the unit though. 

The person I got this equipment from is a cancer patient.  He recently went into the hospital and had to have a Trichotomy due to the cancer was closing his throat.  I talked to him after he got out of the hospital when the decision to have the surgery was made and he told me to forget about everything.  He told me not to worry about anything and that the gear was paid for.  One week later, he went in for his surgery.  Drove by his house the other day and low and behold, the fence is up. 

Anyways, finally got a stove and was able to play with the AA 941 PC.  Must say, I'm extremely satisfied with this unit.  Especially for the price of free that was paid for it. Stuffed 6, 6 quart spawn bags into it at once to be sterilized and sterilized them at 20psi's for 2 hours, not a problem.  Next time, I'mma use 5 quarts of grains per bag and stuff 8 bags in there at once.

--------------------

Invisiblechopstick
nobody
Male

Loc: Chin's Wok
Re: Squirel Cage Blower Motor, 2 by 4' Hepa-Filter, 300 Half-Pint Jars, and a Model 941 AA PC [50$]! [Re: hamloaf]
    #14393694 - 05/03/11 10:10 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

You better be doing a lot of half pint cakes lol

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Squirel Cage Blower Motor, 2 by 4' Hepa-Filter, 300 Half-Pint Jars, and a Model 941 AA PC [50$]! [Re: chopstick]
    #14393761 - 05/03/11 10:37 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

You know I would. 

Forgot to mention that I haven't received any jars as per the original deal and am not sure I ever will.  However, a 2 foot by 4 foot hepa-filter along with a model 941, AA PC, for free?  I'm not going to be doing too much complaining.  :smile2:

--------------------

Offlinepunkrocker292004
i am a liar
Male User Gallery

Re: Squirel Cage Blower Motor, 2 by 4' Hepa-Filter, 300 Half-Pint Jars, and a Model 941 AA PC [50$]! [Re: hamloaf]
    #14394239 - 05/03/11 12:29 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

are squirel cages loud i was thinkin bout building one of these bad boys

--------------------
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW

on a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero-tyler durden

watch me

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder