Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineManicMongrel
Paragorn of pointless comments
Male
Loc: Across the Atlantic
Cheap PH-neutral source of phosphate?
    #14213900 - 03/31/11 09:16 AM (13 years, 1 day ago)

So I'm growing panaeolus at the moment and I need en easy way to increase the phosphate levels. I'm just hoping it will increase the potency.

I'm using ammonia treated straw from barley and oat which have been stored for 7-8 months, then boiled twice to sterilize and get rid of the ammonia. Although it seems to be low in phosphate, the mycelia grows freakishly fast on it.

No need to spawn on rye, rice or bran, I can just flush the straw with a badly contaminated spore vial and the whole jar is colonized within 5 days.

The obvious advantage is that the straw seems to be low on carbohydrates and proteins so mold and bad bacteria don't grow very well on it. After a week I have a jar full of compost colonized by panaeolus and compost bacterias.

I'm very fresh at mushroom cultivation so I just got started on growing some mushrooms which look very similar to panaeolus cyanescens from an improvised spore vial, made from shrooms bought in a reggae bar in Thailand. I failed miserably with spawning on all the traditional stuff (brown rice, bird seeds, rye) and spend the last of my spores on straw in a last attempt, which turned out very well.

Anyways, will increasing the phosphate levels work or should I just try cow or horse dung?

--------------------
Rules and laws are guidelines, to follow them by definition is equivalent to ignoring responsibility

- Let me know if anything in my Trade List got your attention! New asian pan varieties up for trade [10.july.2013]

"Familiarity breeds contempt"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedoulovebeef
Terminal Frost
Male User Gallery

Loc: In your closet
Re: Cheap PH-neutral source of phosphate? [Re: ManicMongrel]
    #14214120 - 03/31/11 10:23 AM (13 years, 1 day ago)

a cube is a cube, with the exception of PE. i think it was stamets that said that if u supplement with phosphorus you may increase potency, but i have yet to see any studies to back this up. you said you were new to mush cultivation, may i suggest you make a hpoo or cpoo bulk substrate? those seem to offer the best results, im a long time coir/verm/coffee/gpysum substrate in a bucket user and the last 4 tubs i made with cpoo/coir/verm/cofee/gypsum and i can already tell a noticeable difference in colonisation speed. it may help to add that i pasteurise all subs in jars

Offline3n1gm4
3N!9M4T!C
 User Gallery

Loc: The Downside of Up
Re: Cheap PH-neutral source of phosphate? [Re: doulovebeef]
    #14214152 - 03/31/11 10:32 AM (13 years, 1 day ago)

gypsum is a worry free additive

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11247091/page/1

IMO you should try a proven substrate tek, there are some good straw/poo teks

--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/6257/Magic-Mushroom-Dosage-CalculatorLOL when you zoom in to try to read my sig pics you will get lost in the crystal forrest of ghanni!

Edited by 3n1gm4 (03/31/11 10:34 AM)

OfflineManicMongrel
Male
    #14214211 - 03/31/11 10:50 AM (13 years, 1 day ago)

They're not cubes though, they look very similar to Panaeolus cyanescens except that they have more brown pigmentation on the caps, which could be from the straw mix, since its the same color.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panaeolus_cyanescens

You're probably right that the easiest way would be to use pasteurized cow dung for fertilization. I'll definitely try that soon.

The good thing about the straw I use is that its delightfully resistant to contamination, I just fill jars with clean straw mix then put a few germinated pieces in and its good to go. 4-6 days and its fully colonized. They are fruiting so fast its almost annoying, if I leave it just one day after the colonization is complete its already full of pins!

Maybe I should try coffee ground as well, I think lack of nutrition for psilocybin synthesis is a problem, the potency were a little disappointing so far.

edit: gypsum looks promising! I'll look into that

--------------------
Rules and laws are guidelines, to follow them by definition is equivalent to ignoring responsibility

- Let me know if anything in my Trade List got your attention! New asian pan varieties up for trade [10.july.2013]

Edited by ManicMongrel (03/31/11 10:52 AM)

Offlinedoulovebeef
Terminal Frost
Male User Gallery

Loc: In your closet
Re: Cheap PH-neutral source of phosphate? [Re: ManicMongrel]
    #14214637 - 03/31/11 12:35 PM (13 years, 1 day ago)

Panaeolus cyanescens by nature are a dung loving species, sorry im not very familiar with straw.

OfflineManicMongrel
Male
    #14215489 - 03/31/11 03:28 PM (13 years, 1 day ago)

I know its a dung-lover, but the straw I'm using is quite close. The ammonia makes it much more digestible for cattle, so figures after being boiled its a lot more dissolved and soft. Which makes it very easy for dung fungi to break it down into nutrition. After a week the fungus has turned it into a pasta like texture, very soft and squishy.

So all in all its very good source of carbon compounds, mineral content is ok and the bacteria might have added some more nitrogen to it as well. So anyway the end product is pretty good flushes, though I'm not too convinced about the potency. I ate a few fresh ones and I felt i little effect. I think more dung and maybe coffee would do wonders for the potency. The fresh ones I got in asia were really strong, at least compared to the size.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale