Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblebluepie
Stranger

Loc: On a jungle branch in mic...
Mineral & Viatamin Additives for Casing Mixtures HELP!
    #1420341 - 03/31/03 06:42 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Hey,

Does anyone here know of any viatamins or protiens that one can add to ones casing mixture to produce a stronger and healtheir mushroom? What kind of protiens or amino acids do mushrooms need? would it be beneficial to add these to the casing mixtures?

does anyone know the recipie for the keepers brew? i want to run down to my local muscle bulder GNC store and buy some viatimins for my growth but dont know what to get, ideas? I dont know, but plain vermiculite and boiled water doesnt necessarly seem to healthy for a mushrooms growth, how can i improve it?

--------------------
May all beings be happy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: Mineral & Viatamin Additives for Casing Mixtures HELP! [Re: bluepie]
    #1420438 - 03/31/03 07:49 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

A casing layer should not be nutritive. Supplementing the casing layer will only invite contamination.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Invisiblebluepie
Stranger

Loc: On a jungle branch in mic...
Re: Mineral & Viatamin Additives for Casing Mixtures HELP! [Re: dog]
    #1420452 - 03/31/03 08:02 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

well then, what exactly is the "keepers brew" that is found on shrooms.com - i think this is some sorf of a protien rich liquid which he sells as an additive to your casing mixtures to increace the myco grwoth.....

--------------------
May all beings be happy

OfflineUber
Wash ufungi,drive me tofruitenzi

Loc: DRC
Re: Mineral & Viatamin Additives for Casing Mixtures HELP! [Re: bluepie]
    #1420623 - 03/31/03 10:09 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Just because someone sells a product doesn't mean you *need* it.

If nutrients are at issue I think you would address that by choosing a better substrate material, not by adding stuff to your casing layer.

--------------------
"The old adage that ignorance of the law is no excuse becomes a ludicrous
statement when the laws themselves are rooted in ignorance"

- Adam Gottlieb

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mineral & Viatamin Additives for Casing Mixtures HELP! [Re: Uber]
    #1420768 - 03/31/03 11:38 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

well then, what exactly is the>> "keepers brew"<< that is found on shrooms.com - i think this is some sorf of a protien rich liquid which he sells as an additive to your casing mixtures to increace the myco grwoth

the keeper is a rip off artist from what kramer has heard

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Invisiblelighten
Stranger
Re: Mineral & Viatamin Additives for Casing Mixtures HELP! [Re: george castanza]
    #1421104 - 04/01/03 04:57 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Hey Bluepie,

I posted this thread a week ago, it focuses on Nutrient and Vitimin additives to cakes before sterilization.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum2&Number=1414445&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

I don't know any specific info on nutrient requirments of fungi but they formed in the same environment as all other life. These additives help all plant matter grow better, including shrooms.

Also, the method I posted is for cakes not casing, as most casing is non-nutrient adding. I believe adding additives and extra nutrients before the cakes are sterilized in the Pressure Cooker prevents contamination of the substrate. Including additives before sterilization "Mellows" them out. You don't want your mixture of additives to be too strong (Thats alot worse than not strong enough), it may burn or kill the young fungi. The only drawback to including additives when making cakes is sterilization may reduce there nutrient content, I believe it does a little, not enough to matter though.

Another great additive for the H2O you use in the cake mixture *before* cake sterilization is "Humic Acids" . Humic Acids improve the uptake and utilization of trace minerals (Preventing "Nurtrient Lock" and allowing the fungi to fully process all nutients). IMHO the best kind of Humic Acid is "Fulvic Acids" (a Humic Acid extract).

The best source for Fulivc Acid is "Diamond Nectar" produced by General Hydroponics. You can find it at www.alt-garden.com or www.discount-hydro.com .

NUTRIENT CONTENT (Diamond Nectar)> 0.001% Humic Acids (In the form of Fulvic Acids)

APPLICATION RATES (Diamond Nectar)> 1 Tablespoon per Gallon of H2O

* I definitly suggest against using ANY vitamin/additive/nutrient/etc that is not specificly desinged for botanical use. (Adendum To The Rule: If you don't mind killing occasinal shrooms experiment with whatever you want, then post your results !! :-)

Reards, Lighten

--------------------
lighten up my mind

Offlinediacamomo
Children of theVortex

Loc: Inside My Mind
Re: Mineral & Viatamin Additives for Casing Mixtures HELP! [Re: lighten]
    #1421169 - 04/01/03 06:34 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

If you want big and healthy mush just use horse poo.....thats gonna work!!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Boomr Bag