Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Should the US Follow the Geneva Convention?
    #1419539 - 03/31/03 08:57 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i think it is apparant that the war in Iraq will not and has not been played by rules of International law. With that said should the United States start fighting dirty? If not then why not and if so, why?

Many pro-Saddam and Anti-American people on this site see no problem with the iraqi's targeting civilian targets but if the United States causes some sort of colateral damage due to the Iraqi's parking "Triple A" in mosques, schools and hospitals they are the great evil.

Where do you stand? If you're against the US using these tactics but want to allow saddam to do this, explain your contradiction.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefriartuck
Man of God

Loc: England
Re: Should the US Follow the Geneva Convention? [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1419542 - 03/31/03 09:01 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

>i think it is apparant that the war in Iraq will not and has not been played by rules of International law. With that said should the United States start fighting dirty? If not then why not and if so, why?

LOL, Start?

Let me ask you this,

Is the entire rest of the world except Spain, England, and Australia pro-Saddam because they aren't helping us?

Is the pope pro-Sadam?

How far are you willing to take this "you're either with us or you're with the terrorororrists" dualistic idiotic mindset?

*** edited by Evolving ***
From the political forum rules,
"NO FLAMING ...if you can't state your case or refute someone elses case without calling them "stupid" or an "idiot"..etc...Then don't bother posting here. This forum is for intelligent debate, not to try to belittle someone that doesn't think like you. THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED ...choose your words wisely."

--------------------
This post has been brought to you by:

www.thedarkunderbelly.com/phpbb

Never give up, never surrender.

If you're seeing bitterness, perhaps the time has come to clean the shit from your eyes.

Edited by Evolving (03/31/03 09:32 AM)

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #1419544 - 03/31/03 09:04 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I believe that we must take all possible measures to limit the number of civilian casualties. If we do not we are no better than Saddam. We must hold ourselves to a higher standard.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlinefriartuck
Man of God

Re: Should the US Follow the Geneva Convention? [Re: z@z.com]
    #1419545 - 03/31/03 09:06 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

> believe that we must take all possible measures to limit the number of civilian casualties. If we do not we are no better than Saddam. We must hold ourselves to a higher standard.

Too late.

--------------------

If you're seeing bitterness, perhaps the time has come to clean the shit from your eyes.

Anonymous

#1419549 - 03/31/03 09:12 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

According to the information we have we are fighting differently in this war than the opposing side. We should have a higher standard if we are in the right.

Offlinefriartuck
Man of God

Re: Should the US Follow the Geneva Convention? [Re: ]
    #1419555 - 03/31/03 09:16 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I'm not sure but correct me if I'm wrong...

I think the Geneva convention was against the idea of one country invading another country when the reason for doing so was never substantiated and the vague reasons given are backed up only by forged or fake evidence.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Should the US Follow the Geneva Convention? [Re: friartuck]
    #1419557 - 03/31/03 09:20 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I don't really know if it dealt with proper reasons for going to war. I guess that shows how much I know about it. (not much)

I only know it says a lot about the terms of how to fight and treat pow's.

Someone should post a link.

Cheers,

Offlinefriartuck
Man of God

#1419562 - 03/31/03 09:26 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

>I don't really know if it dealt with proper reasons for going to war. I guess that shows how much I know about it. (not much)

Like I said, I was guessing, but I think it's a pretty save assumption that the terms of the conventions deals with the reasons for starting a war. In fact now that I think about it I think that the only time war is justified is when it is the last resort, which was certainly not the case this time around.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1419573 - 03/31/03 09:35 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Let me ask you this, ignoramus...

good one, do i have to make you look bad again?

Quote:

Is the entire rest of the world except Spain, England, and Australia pro-Saddam because they aren't helping us?

where and when did i say this? If you're going to just make up things to argue about then feel free to start a thread titled " Hi, i'm Doobie and i want to babble".

Quote:

Is the pope pro-Sadam?

see above, when have i mentioned this?

Quote:

How far are you willing to take this "you're either with us or you're with the terrorororrists" dualistic idiotic mindset?

there are self proclaimed saddam supporters on this site, feel free to read once in a while.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Should the US Follow the Geneva Convention? [Re: z@z.com]
    #1419575 - 03/31/03 09:40 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I believe that we must take all possible measures to limit the number of civilian casualties. If we do not we are no better than Saddam. We must hold ourselves to a higher standard.

I agree, i'm just playing devils advocate. Apparantly frier, AKA Doobie didn't see that.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1419579 - 03/31/03 09:44 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I think the Geneva convention was against the idea of one country invading another country when the reason for doing so was never substantiated and the vague reasons given are backed up only by forged or fake evidence

is this the same place you got your information on the ABM treaty? 1441 clearly states what would happen to iraq if they didn't comply.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Offlinefriartuck
Man of God

#1419586 - 03/31/03 09:48 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

>1441 clearly states what would happen to iraq if they didn't comply.

Actually, that's one of the vaguest parts of the war...what's it say "severe consequences" wtf does that mean anyway wtf wtf wtf, if only we listened to France instead of making fun of their armpits.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1419604 - 03/31/03 10:05 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

"Many pro-Saddam and Anti-American people on this site see no problem with the iraqi's targeting civilian targets"

Who has said this?

I don't think anyone is for civillian targets being bombed. Nobody wants to allow Saddam to bomb civillians.

Are the Iraqis actually putting their targets next to schools and hospitals? I heard people saying they were going to before the war started, but I haven't actually heard any reports of this happening. Sounds like propaganda to me.

The reason people are standing up against the US comitting war crimes, and not Iraq, is that the US is their country, and is supposed to be a democracy. Bush is supposed to listen to his people, while it's well established that Saddam doesn't give a fuck what protesters have to say.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
    #1419608 - 03/31/03 10:10 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Why should we not fight dirty? Since when has two wrongs ever equaled one right? As it was said before, we should be holding ourselves to a high set of standards. Saddam, who if he has used civilians as shields, and caught alive, will be punished for war crimes. If Bush were to use the same tactics, he should be punished for the same.

And just one question, who are the "Pro-Saddam" people? I've yet to see a one.  :crazy: Or are these just the people that oppose the war, and your viewpoint, so you feel the need to slander them?

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Should the US Follow the Geneva Convention? [Re: Phluck]
    #1419611 - 03/31/03 10:13 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Are the Iraqis actually putting their targets next to schools and hospitals? I heard people saying they were going to before the war started, but I haven't actually heard any reports of this happening. Sounds like propaganda to me.

according to news reports they're doing so. But i'll concede that it is just reports. You'd have to admit that it is not beyond the realm of possibility in the Iraqi world. I'm am not so insulated that i can't believe some of what's coming to us through our media, ie: republican guards shooting at civilians, suicide bombers etc.

Quote:

Bush is supposed to listen to his people, while it's well established that Saddam doesn't give a fuck what protesters have to say.

and he is according to about 78% approving the way the war is being fought.

Like i said, this question was more of a devils advocate stance. I think WE should always fight according to this law, too bad we are going to be the only side to do it.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleCaptain Jack
i [heart] you

#1419614 - 03/31/03 10:18 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

if France invaded another country despite the wishes of the Security Council, and the US was against it, our government would be freaking out hardcore.

--------------------
-
Captain Jack has been hailed as a brilliant scholar, discredited as a brilliant fraud, and mistaken for a much taller man on several occasions.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1419616 - 03/31/03 10:19 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Could you link me to a post where someone supports Saddam?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Anonymous

#1419620 - 03/31/03 10:24 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i believe we are fighting dirty enough invading a country, killing innocent civilians, and labeling people who are fighting for their country, "terrorists".

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1419625 - 03/31/03 10:29 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Countdown to Extinction

I'd say the pro-saddam supporters would be Rhizo, Zahid and to some extent or another Alex.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1419626 - 03/31/03 10:31 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

i believe we are fighting dirty enough invading a country, killing innocent civilians, and labeling people who are fighting for their country, "terrorists".

so you thinbk it's ok for us to use any means neccesary to topple saddam?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale