Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSalviaShroom
Stranger
Science Fictions Supreme Masterpiece
    #14175727 - 03/24/11 01:05 PM (13 years, 7 days ago)

"Let the fear pass over me and through me, and then there will be nothing left but me."
If you have read Dune(written by Frank Herbert), you may be aware of Paul Atriedes Bene Gesserit training that tought him how to read body language and control the pitch of his voice in order to communicate and persuade (ultimately control people). You may also know about his ability to see into the future and that time itself is more of a perception like vision (you can only see as far as your eye will let you see, so if there is mountains in the way, you can't see past it).  I feel that Herbert was onto something great, a new way of learning and an increased awareness.

They call it Science Fictions masterpiece because it's about a world that Herbert created, using everything from economics, politics, psychology, communication, drama, and fantasy.

If you have read this book please leave comments on how any of these things correspond with our reality. Including:
1. Future- such as the power of intuition or Leary's "futants"
2. Commmunication- The ability to persuade or manipulate--mercantile skill.
3. Intelligence

Ultimately I am starting this thread because I feel like Herbert was onto something and that we indeed can strengthen our awareness and be more sensitive to intuition.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFleshCap
FleshCap
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali Underground Flag
Re: Science Fictions Supreme Masterpiece [Re: SalviaShroom]
    #14175865 - 03/24/11 01:34 PM (13 years, 7 days ago)

The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel...

(I haven't read the book, but I have seen the film, which I enjoyed immensely)

I think I need to read the book with a careful examination of communication, intuition, and intelligence.

--------------------

OfflineMakalaster
The brew master
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Science Fictions Supreme Masterpiece [Re: FleshCap]
    #14175954 - 03/24/11 01:51 PM (13 years, 7 days ago)

I'm to tired to actually comment on those themes right now but I have to say that Dune and the other books Herbert wrote in the series are briliant and it's one of my favorite collections of novels. Must read novels in my opinion.

--------------------
"It's all in the mind y'know"

Offlinegornyhuy
A Myth Intrepidly Met
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Science Fictions Supreme Masterpiece [Re: Makalaster]
    #14176380 - 03/24/11 03:02 PM (13 years, 7 days ago)

Just re-read Dune last week and I was thinking the whole time - man this guy is "experienced".  Everytime Paul Muad-Dib goes into a time trance its like a strong trip peak.

--------------------
:mushroom2:Bulk Grow Substrate Calculator Spreadsheet - Download :heartpump: Thread:mushroom2:
*Downloaded over 3,500 times!* Also try the DMT Changa Mix Calculator

Stonesun's Amazing Sclerotia/Stones Guide:mushroom2:Vasodilator List:mushroom2:Niacinamide - reduce trip anxiety

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order