Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
My shrooms grown on DMT-rich substrate.
    #1416902 - 03/29/03 01:48 PM (21 years, 4 days ago)

I found this written on a piece of paper on the ground:

I made up BRF cakes with Mimosa Hostilis root bark tea in place of water in November 2002. 8 grams mimosa hostilis per jar. This root bark is quite potent.. when used for ayahuasca 8-10 grams of well-boiled root bark was enough for a fairly decent trip.

Of course, the pH was WAAAAY off, and I forgot that this would be the case while I was mixing the jars. This meant that the jars colonized painfully slowly, but towards the end of December I managed to harvest the first flush off the cakes. This was all they had a chance to produce, because I had to move out of my apartment.

I read an account of using desmanthius illinoensis for this here on the shroomery, and the person doing the experiment said that .5 grams was as much as he could handle. This sounded like putting DMT containing plants into the substrate was very worth it.

Yesterday I ate .6 grams of my special mushrooms (now about 3 months old but stored well, and cool dried). Nothing happened.

This could be because the mushrooms using the DMT substrate find it very easy to produce psilocin, but not psilocybin. All the extra psilocin could have broken down after 3 months.

Another possibility is that during the long incubation period the DMT broke down so that by the time the mushrooms were ready to appear there was very little or no DMT left to use.

The idea of having super potent mushrooms is pretty cool, but I don't think I'll be trying this again anytime soon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: My shrooms grown on DMT-rich substrate. *DELETED* [Re: Dogomush]
    #1416990 - 03/29/03 03:10 PM (21 years, 4 days ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My shrooms grown on DMT-rich substrate. [Re: poke smot!]
    #1417000 - 03/29/03 03:18 PM (21 years, 4 days ago)

i was curious about whether this method worked. Even if it did work it would kinda be a waste of DMT, especially since you can turn any mushrooms into super potent mushrooms by taking an MAOI before dosing.

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

Offlinefleshofgods
SpiritualVisionary
Loc: In a daze . . .
Re: My shrooms grown on DMT-rich substrate. [Re: the spiral]
    #1417014 - 03/29/03 03:36 PM (21 years, 4 days ago)

MAOI's are very dangerous and could cause death if you eat certain foods or drink certain drinks while taking them. be very careful what you do. When you are trippin you might forget and do something that could end your life.

Just some friendly advice

--------------------
Holler!

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: My shrooms grown on DMT-rich substrate. [Re: poke smot!]
    #1417167 - 03/29/03 05:50 PM (21 years, 4 days ago)

No, I didn't take an maoi. The idea isn't that there is DMT in the actual grown mushroom, but the mushrooms take the DMT molecule 4-hydroxylase it, thus producing 4-hydroxy-dimethyltryptamine, or psilocin.

As for making mushrooms mega potent with an maoi... that's not the same as having super potent mushrooms, because you have to take it with an maoi, which completely changes the trip. I don't know why everybody says MAOIs stretch out your mushroom stash, that hasn't been the case in my experience. And .5 grams of mushrooms with syrian rue won't produce a trip at all, and that's what I wanted out of this. A stash of shrooms where I'd just have to eat a little tiny mushroom and get rippin high. Didn't work like I read, though.

And don't be afraid of MAOIs.. they're really not dangerous as long as you adhere somewhat to the diet. The best way is to simply not eat for 4 hours beforehand, and only eat certain foods till you start coming down.

OfflineFluidElite
Who am I???
Re: My shrooms grown on DMT-rich substrate. [Re: Dogomush]
    #1419147 - 03/30/03 11:58 PM (21 years, 3 days ago)

--------------------

Fluid Elite

* Everything about is entirely theoritical. *
* Beware the effects of HPPD. *

Edited by FluidElite (04/13/03 10:58 AM)

OfflineExhausted_Prayers
primordialprotagonist
tryptamine HCl, easier to find [Re: FluidElite]
    #1420619 - 03/31/03 10:06 PM (21 years, 2 days ago)

I was thinking of trying the tryptamine HCl at some point, and adjusting with a pH meter I have at work. Joaqin Gartz had success with the DMT in producing increased psilocin I think but the psilocybin was still variable by flush and by batch. Tryptamine HCl is actually fairly cheap (10 grams for $30, **NO SOURCES**). Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, I'm still incubating my first batch (on rye), but I can plan big can't I? Maybe I'll post my results after getting a few batches under my belt and doing a little more research, check around summer time...

Edited by Raadt (04/01/03 12:43 PM)

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: My shrooms grown on DMT-rich substrate. [Re: FluidElite]
    #1422106 - 04/02/03 12:21 AM (21 years, 1 day ago)

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: My shrooms grown on DMT-rich substrate. [Re: zeta]
    #1424006 - 04/02/03 06:11 PM (21 years, 13 hours ago)

yeah, the shrooms use DMT.. they turn it into 4 hydroxy DMT which is psilocin. shrooms add the 4 hydroxy to any tryptamine they find in the substrate.

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #1424641 - 04/02/03 10:14 PM (21 years, 9 hours ago)

did you use psilocybian mushrooms???  otherwise there is absolutely no reason for that extreme of potency degradation, if stored properly as the note stated...  have you tripped from the same strain/spore set recently(dont answer this) if you have: :confused: im cluless, if you haven't: unnatural tolerence for 5-HT2 and other indole ring receptors????

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Edited by amyloid (04/02/03 10:15 PM)

OfflineFluidElite
Who am I???
    #1427597 - 04/04/03 12:38 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

Fluid Elite

Edited by FluidElite (04/13/03 10:57 AM)

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#1427718 - 04/04/03 01:38 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

He's not talking about producing DMT!
He's saying the mushrooms will 4-hydroxylate any DMT found in the substrate.
Quote:

buy some tryptophan, heat it up to 150C with some MEK for 4 hours then gas some HCL into the solution and boom trytophan... about 50-60% w/w yield.

So you put tryptophan in and get tryptophan back, but only 50-60%? What a bargain

Invisiblepsyphon
mneumatic device

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My shrooms grown on DMT-rich substrate. [Re: zeta]
    #1429187 - 04/04/03 03:18 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the same kind of process that I mention and link to in this thread. I think it was just a mistake to say tryptophan twice, he meant tryptamine, except he's way over simplifying the process. The boiling point of methyl ethyl ketone is about 79C so that 150C isn't gonna happen, at least not until all your MEK is boiled off and hopefully far from flame! If anyone's interested in the decarboxylation of tryptophan, do your research, you can start with the thread I linked above. And like I said in that thread, if anyone has any information on tryptophan decarboxylase in actinomycetes and higher fungi, my friend would be interested and appriciative.

As for the 4-hydroxylase thing, (FluidElite) I actually heard the words come out of Sasha Shulgin's mouth as he explained that the mushroom seems to 4-hydroxylate any tryptamine class of chemical it finds in the substrate. He says you can give it DET and it will make 4-HO-DET which is very interesting since this chemical is not known to exist in nature. He of course also says that the mushroom normaly converts DMT into 4-HO-DMT which is psilocin. So DMT should be a direct precursor to psilocin. I've heard some vague things about DMT not being as usable by the mushroom for some reason maybe solubility stuff etc. Tryptamine and even tryptophan seem to have been proven to work through scientifc experiments.

--------------------
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes."
- Marcel Proust

I wish you all ceaselessly flowing moments of happiness.

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #1434866 - 04/06/03 11:02 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

>nitrogen can be bought for your paint balling pleasure

the "nitrogen" from your paint ball gas supplier usually is just compressed air they just call it nitrous because of the large amounts of nitrogen in air when compressed

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Edited by amyloid (04/06/03 11:06 PM)

OfflineFluidElite
Who am I???
Re: My shrooms grown on DMT-rich substrate. [Re: psyphon]
    #1448775 - 04/11/03 02:41 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

no point

--------------------

Fluid Elite

Edited by FluidElite (04/13/03 10:59 AM)

Invisiblepsyphon
mneumatic device

Folding@home Statistics
    #1451695 - 04/12/03 02:03 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I was not saying that MEK could not be used as a catalyst, I was objecting to your dangerous oversimplification and off-handed description of the reaction:

Quote:

you will have better success, you can even buy some tryptophan, heat it up to 150C with some MEK for 4 hours then gas some HCL into the solution and boom trytophan... about 50-60% w/w yield.

Its funny that you say acetone would give you a higher yield since the faq at rhodium lists acetone as giving a 75% yield and MEK 84.4%.

Quote:

This reaction does work

You don't need to tell me that, I'm the one that mentioned it in the first place. As for finding an easier way, I'd think that an easier way would be to not off-handedly tell people to heat flammable solvents to appoximately twice their boiling point! I don't know abou t "boom tryptophan" but you got the boom part right. But seriously, if you want an easier way, I mentioned two in the thread linked above (twice now). One is a biological method that has been done before both by nature and in a lab setting, should be very easy. The other is a chemical method using spearmint oil (l-carvone) and one of the over the counter organic solvents like you have already mentioned in a simple kitchen reflux setup that should work (if not, more elaborate aparatus does need to be used).

I'm sorry I can't answer your question, I don't know what DET or 4-HO-DET are like but erowid should be a good start.

--------------------
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes."
- Marcel Proust

Offlinejimbu
jimbu
Male
Loc: nsw, australia
    #1451724 - 04/12/03 02:32 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

this is interesting... does this mean one could simply cultivate non-magic edible shrooms in DMT-rich substrate and have them grow into magic mushrooms which appear to be normal edible mushrooms which dont bruise blue? (i would be correct in assuming that only psilocybin and not psylocin cause the mushroom to bruise blue?)

Invisiblepsyphon
mneumatic device

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My shrooms grown on DMT-rich substrate. [Re: jimbu]
    #1452944 - 04/12/03 03:40 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

No a mushroom that naturally produces psilocin would need to be used. This technique theoretically will increase psilocin levels, which should actually increase blueing since it is thought to be the oxidation of psilocin, not psilocybin that causes blueing.

--------------------
- Marcel Proust

OfflineFluidElite
Who am I???
Re: My shrooms grown on DMT-rich substrate. [Re: psyphon]
    #1453697 - 04/12/03 09:15 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I agree the spearmint all has worked, but heh yea I should have given a clearer write up,

To all who want to attempt this. PLEASE USE LABARATORY EQUIPTMENT, KEEP AWAY FROM OPEN FLAMES. Use an appropriate oil bath for the reaction, and a condenser is must to condense the flammable vapors of both the xylene and the cyclohexanone (sp) is suppose to hive u 90%+ yields. It is found near in a PVC cleaner in a purple bottle, again a distillation would be required and the chem lab experience would be required.

After performing this synth several times you get use to it and thus sometimes over simplify it.

Keep the vibes positive.
Just trying to help.

--------------------

Fluid Elite

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#1458296 - 04/14/03 08:06 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I believe the DMT must be in the freebase form to be absorbed properly by the fungi. That means raising the pH to around 7-9 to increase the percentage of freebase DMT without compromising the fungus itself. An acidic rice cake will reduce the amount of DMT readily available for absorbtion.

--------------------
:egyptian:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates