Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisible5-HT2A
Will 2C-X Drugs Be Criminalized Now? - Poll
    #14148090 - 03/19/11 11:48 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Due to the recent moral panic initiated by the highly centralized, corporate-controlled media over the overdose death and hospitalization of a number of people, apparently due to MDPV rather than 2C-E (http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=14146032&page=0&vc=1#14146032) I thought it may be prudent to begin a discussion about the prospects of criminalization.

In my view, despite the story, scheduling is unlikely at this point. I believe the DEA, despite being aware of the use of so many substances, regards three criteria very highly. They are:

1) Is the substance popular?

Answer: No. The news has already said that this drug pops up here and there.

2) Is the substance addictive?

Answer: No. Like almost all psychedelics 2C-E does not appear to be habit forming.

3) Is the substance creating widespread, repeated health and/or social problems?

Answer: No, this is the only situation in which 2C-E has been blamed for such dramatic health problems, and when/if it comes out that this was really MDPV, it would be more likely to simply raise the pressure to criminalize MDPV, which honestly is on its way any how and is real nasty.

Granted, there are exceptions. For instance, MDMA did not create social problems but was, according to Rick Doblin, perceived as a threat to the entire idea of drug prohibition by the DEA because it was fun and made people more civil and almost never killed.

So please vote and discuss! This poll pertains to United States law.
Will the recent moral panic surrounding 2C-E lead to this class of substances being scheduled on the federal level?
You may choose only one
Will the recent moral panic surrounding 2C-E lead to other classes of substances being scheduled on the federal level?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (03/19/11 11:42 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll | Filter by response

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible5-HT2A
Klobuchar to introduce legislation to ban synthetic drug 2C-E [Re: 5-HT2A]
    #14179292 - 03/24/11 11:05 PM (13 years, 8 days ago)

BUMP:

http://hometownsource.com/2011/03/21/klobuchar-to-introduce-legislation-to-ban-synthetic-drug-2c-e/

Washington, D.C. – U.S. Sen. Amy Klobuchar announced that she will offer legislation to ban the synthetic drug 2C-E, which resulted in the death of one Minnesotan this past week and hospitalized several others.

Klobuchar said the synthetic drug should be illegal and will work to include it as part of the bipartisan bill she cosponsored with U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA), which banned other harmful chemicals commonly used in synthetic drugs such as “K2” or “Spice.” The drugs have resulted in numerous reports of individuals acting violently while under the influence of these drugs, leading to deaths or injuries to themselves and others.

“These dangerous drugs pose serious risks to the public and have tragically killed and injured Minnesotans,” said Klobuchar.“These drugs should be made illegal and the chemicals used to make them should be banned so that they can no longer be easily purchased online and in stores around the country. We need to take action now before these substances endanger any more lives.”

Late last week, Klobuchar introduced legislation, the Dangerous Synthetic Drug Control Act of 2011, with Grassley and five other senators that would permanently ban five chemicals found in K2 that the DEA has temporarily banned. The legislation would treat K2 and other synthetic drugs like other banned narcotics such as methamphetamines and cocaine.

Klobuchar is a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee’s Subcommittee on Crime and Terrorism, which has jurisdiction over issues relating to drug control policy, and she has been a leader in strengthening drug safety standards to protect consumers.

Last year Klobuchar introduced the Secure and Responsible Drug Disposal Act of 2010 with Senator John Cornyn (R-TX) to provide patients with safe and responsible ways to dispose of unused controlled substances. The legislation, which was signed into law in October 2010, helps reduce the risk that teenagers will gain access to expired or unwanted prescription drugs in homes by permitting individuals and long-term care facilities to deliver unused drugs for safe disposal.

Offline2ndChancesRDivine
I slayed the Jabberwock!
Male User Gallery

Loc: ked up in my mind.. Flag
Re: Klobuchar to introduce legislation to ban synthetic drug 2C-E [Re: 5-HT2A]
    #14179332 - 03/24/11 11:12 PM (13 years, 8 days ago)

Really, its already technically illegal under the analogue act if intended for human consumption. I think she's getting up on her soap box on this one. Then what about analogues such as 2C-P and 2C-D? The T-7 is banned, and so is 2C-B so I really don't understand why she would go after such redundant legislature.

--------------------
:trippinballs::awecid::aliceshocker::awecid::trippinballs:

All your RC are belong to me.

Invisiblemillzy
Male

Re: Klobuchar to introduce legislation to ban synthetic drug 2C-E [Re: 2ndChancesRDivine]
    #14179733 - 03/25/11 12:33 AM (13 years, 8 days ago)

that kid didn't even die from 2ce did he????

--------------------
I'm up to my ears in unwritten words. - J.D. Salinger

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale