Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Wise Words
    #1411185 - 03/26/03 09:16 AM (21 years, 7 days ago)

"DO NOT FORGE T "

I sat in a movie theater watching "Schindler's List," asked myself, "Why didn't the Jews fight back?"

Now I know why.

I sat in a movie theater, watching "Pearl Harbor" and asked myself, "Why weren't we prepared?"

Now I know why.

Civilized people cannot fathom, much less predict, the actions of evil people.

On September 11, dozens of capable airplane passengers allowed themselves to be overpowered by a handful of poorly armed terrorists because they did not comprehend the depth of hatred that motivated their captors.

On September 11, thousands of innocent people were murdered because too many Americans naively reject the reality that some nations are dedicated to the dominance of others. Many political pundits, pacifists and media personnel want us to forget the carnage. They say we must focus on the bravery of the rescuers and ignore the cowardice of the killers. They implore us to understand the motivation of the perpetrators. Major television stations have announced they will assist the healing process by not replaying devastating footage of the planes crashing into the Twin Towers.

I will not be manipulated.

I will not pretend to understand.

I will not forget.

I will not forget the liberal media who abused freedom of the press to kick our country when it was vulnerable and hurting.

I will not forget that CBS anchor Dan Rather preceded President Bush's address to the nation with the snide remark, "No matter how you feel about him, he is still our president."

I will not forget that ABC TV anchor Peter Jennings questioned President Bush's mo tives for not returning immediately to Washington, DC and commented, "We're all pretty skeptical and cynical about Washington."

And I will not forget that ABC's Mark Halperin warned if reporters weren't informed of every little detail of this war, they aren't "likely -- nor should they be expected -- to show deference."

I will not isolate myself from my fellow Americans by pretending an attack on the USS Cole in Yemen was not an attack on the United States of America.

I will not forget the Clinton administration equipped Islamic terrorists and their supporters with the world's most sophisticated telecommunications equipment and encryption technology, thereby compromising America's ability to trace terrorist radio, cell phone, land lines, faxes and modem communications.

I will not be appeased with pointless, quick retaliatory strikes like those perfected by the previous administration.

I will not be comforted by "feel-good, do nothing" regulations like the silly "Have your bags been under your control?" question at the airport.

I will not be influenced by so called,"antiwar demonstrators" who exploit the right of _expression to chant anti-American obscenities.

I will not forget the moral victory handed the North Vietnamese by American war protesters who reviled and spat upon the returning Soldiers, Airmen, Sailors and Marines.

I will not be softened by the wishful thinking of pacifists who chose reassurance over reality.

I will embrace the wise words of Prime Minister Tony Blair who told Labor Party conference, "They have no moral inhibition on the slaughter of the innocent. If they could have murdered not 7,000 but 70,000, does anyone doubt they would have done so and rejoiced in it?

There is no compromise possible with such people, no meeting of minds, no point of understanding with such terror. Just a choice: defeat it or be defeated by it. And defeat it we must!"

I will force myself to:

-hear the weeping
-feel the helpl essness
-imagine the terror
-sense the panic
-smell the burning flesh
- experience the loss
- remember the hatred.

I sat in a movie theater, watching "Private Ryan" and asked myself, "Where did they find the courage?"

Now I know.

We have no choice. Living without liberty is not living.

-- Ed Evans, MGySgt., USMC (Ret.)
Not as lean, Not as mean, But still a Marine.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Wise Words [Re: Ripple]
    #1411913 - 03/26/03 02:49 PM (21 years, 7 days ago)

I'll tell you this.

I am not for this war. I think it is wrong. (I even promised myself and others I wouldn't talk about it)

But you can make goddamn motherfucking sure I will never forget 9/11!

And the ones responsible!

Anonymous

#1411941 - 03/26/03 02:57 PM (21 years, 7 days ago)

all of those words were pretty UNwise in my opinion.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #1411971 - 03/26/03 03:07 PM (21 years, 7 days ago)

Major television stations have announced they will assist the healing process by not replaying devastating footage of the planes crashing into the Twin Towers.
Oh how thoughful of them..... after months of showing those planes explode in the buildings every 5 minutes on TV and seeing the pictures on every damn newspaper, we couldn't forget them if we tried. It's called programming your mind.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1412195 - 03/26/03 04:28 PM (21 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

On September 11, thousands of innocent people were murdered because too many Americans naively reject the reality that some nations are dedicated to the dominance of others.

And currently innocent Iraqi people are murdered because Americans naively reject the reality that some of the world's problems are not ours to deal with.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
    #1412222 - 03/26/03 04:39 PM (21 years, 7 days ago)

This was already posted here

The first time it was posted, it was irrelevant to the war in Iraq. Now that it has been posted a second time, it is STILL irrelevant to the war in Iraq.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Wise Words [Re: EchoVortex]
    #1412346 - 03/26/03 05:50 PM (21 years, 7 days ago)

I'm not 100% for the war, but I believe the world will be a better place in the end. Maybe we won't really see the good for a while, but it will come. You just gotta look twoard the future to see what it could be.

Bush didn't exactly go about it the way he should have. Hell, Klinton bombed Iraq within the blink of an eye and barely a word was said about it. Now it's all about the media and the UN involvement at the beginning..........the whole fucking world is looking at it right now.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Wise Words [Re: Murex]
    #1412665 - 03/26/03 07:54 PM (21 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

the whole fucking world is looking at it right now.

Yeah, and just creating more anti-american sentiment! :frown:

It sucks... Americans believe its for a good cause, I think mainly because there has been so much hype about it, and of course most people are going to support it, if our president feels so strongly about it.

Watching/reading american news, you realize how much we interview generals and military officals. Other countries look down upon the war because we are going in there for an unjustified cause. If we had hard facts that Saddam was behind 9/11...I'd be behind killing HIM 100%. Since we dont, and since we are in such an economic struggle, and 2+2 = 4, and oil is Bush's main thing in life, I think we are just in there to get the oil... I don't understand why people dont see this. Bush Sr. was in there for the same damn reason.

If it wasn't for oil, and I wasnt such a environmental freak, Id be ALL for killing Saddam and his regime. Since we've not targeted just military targets, and have yet to come close to killing Saddam its really more of a war against Iraq instead of a war against the government.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies