Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDscid
 User Gallery

Very yellow crystals and a couple questions
    #14067536 - 03/04/11 05:57 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

So I evaporated overnight (final pull) with two jars - one with 37.5ml and the other with 75ml.

The smaller jar has finished, but it is COMPLETELY yellow crystal.

I am aware that each pull, the yield is less and more yellow, but the two pulls before it were as white as can be.  The smell...well, I don't really smell Naptha, as the tryptamine smell is -quite- strong...again, more so than the first/second pull.  So I assume it's pretty evaporated.

The 75ml jar is probably around half evaporated, and I almost wanted to freeze precipitate again, to see if it would be not so yellow...

Which brings to me these questions:

How do you know if you need a solvent wash?
How do you know if there was lye/water in your batch?

Is it normal for nice white crystals to turn reddish/purplish in the oil pipe?  Not entirely, as it crystallizes all around the bowl, but where it pools, it doesn't recrystallize.

I don't taste anything wrong, it tastes like plastic.  I'm just afraid of chem burn.  I realize it can be harsh, but how do I know if it's...more harsh....? :P

So, anyone ever have a batch go completely white to completely yellow next pull?  Or is it due to evap that it is like this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: Very yellow crystals and a couple questions [Re: Dscid]
    #14067851 - 03/04/11 07:12 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

It takes only an inconceivably microscopic amount of non-DMT (but still VERY psychoactive) substances to produce a change in color from pure white to yellow.  99.9% of those yellow crystals are n,n DMT.  Do a re-X if you want pure white crystals. 

Yellow DMT has a LOT of power...but a bit more body load.  In my experience, it translates into a novacaine-type of whole body numbness, which is frightening the first couple of times it happens.  Bottom line, if it bothers you, do a re-X.  Yellow DMT will still rock your world.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Offlinelaruta_21
twat tickler
 User Gallery

Re: Very yellow crystals and a couple questions [Re: Nature Boy]
    #14068697 - 03/04/11 10:29 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

Ive noticed when evaporated instead of freeze precipitated you get yellow orangish cystals and sometimes theyre even a waxy type consistency and also it has a darker trip. I only freeze precipitate because of this. I will only smoke pure white crystals

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

Re: Very yellow crystals and a couple questions [Re: laruta_21]
    #14068857 - 03/04/11 10:58 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

Yeah, why don't you crash it out with a freeze precip?

Also, I will NEVER EVER FUCKING EVER use naptha for any kind of extraction again. It only took a few times working with it to realize how incredibly toxic and hard-to-dispose-of it is.

If I were ever to extract DMT again, I'd do a FASA (fumaric acid saturated acetone).

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

InvisibleCakk
Female

Re: Very yellow crystals and a couple questions [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #14069045 - 03/04/11 11:43 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Nunbuh_Chrubble said:
Yeah, why don't you crash it out with a freeze precip?

Also, I will NEVER EVER FUCKING EVER use naptha for any kind of extraction again. It only took a few times working with it to realize how incredibly toxic and hard-to-dispose-of it is.

If I were ever to extract DMT again, I'd do a FASA (fumaric acid saturated acetone).

Exactly why you evaporate all of it.

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

Re: Very yellow crystals and a couple questions [Re: Cakk]
    #14069066 - 03/04/11 11:50 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

We crashed ours out, and let it evaporate. And no matter how long we let it sit out it still smelled like naptha. I was never convinced that all of the toxic shit just evaporates off, especially with commercial grade shit. Naptha isn't a pure solvent, it's a mixture of various hydrocarbons and is known to be incredibly toxic/carcinogenic.

Besides that, while doing the extraction, we got sore throats from the fumes, even though we had all the doors and windows open. And when you have the left over waste product, what are you supposed to do with it? Pouring down the drain effectively poisons the water supply/environment. Letting it evaporate just puts it in the atmosphere.

Naptha is generally bad shit. It's very toxic and difficult to dispose of safely. And most kitchen chemists (read: lazy stoners) aren't going to handle the shit safely (for themselves or anybody else).

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

OfflineDscid
 User Gallery

Re: Very yellow crystals and a couple questions [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #14070631 - 03/05/11 12:07 PM (13 years, 27 days ago)

I can see that it's slightly waxy...though completely evaporated. 

Can anyone confirm the use of acetone, just enough to cover crystals (both white/yellow crystals) in a shot glass with your choice of herb?
Shouldn't this evenly distribute the potency levels of both white/yellow amongst the herb?  If I were to fill the shot glass with herb, does it have the effect of "bottom watering" your plants, by pulling up the acetone to the top of the glass?

What is a good way (environmentally friendly) of disposing of the base?

edit: asking again

Is it normal for nice white crystals to turn reddish/purplish in the oil pipe?  Not entirely, as it crystallizes all around the bowl, but where it pools, it doesn't recrystallize.

Edited by Dscid (03/05/11 12:09 PM)

OfflineR2-D2
horseradish
Male User Gallery

#14070655 - 03/05/11 12:12 PM (13 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Dscid said:
Can anyone confirm the use of acetone, just enough to cover crystals (both white/yellow crystals) in a shot glass with your choice of herb?

1. Yes, you can other solvents too
2.If you burn it, maybe?

--------------------

InvisibleFerdinando
Male

Re: Very yellow crystals and a couple questions [Re: R2-D2]
    #14070811 - 03/05/11 12:52 PM (13 years, 27 days ago)

the pool of reddish/purplish dmt in your pipe is probably jungle spice
a lot of DMT N-Oxide a big part of it probably is
if you decide to smoke some of it start with a small toke. it could be very uncomfortably to smoke a moderate dose of it

--------------------
with our love with our love we could save the world

OfflineDscid
 User Gallery

Re: Very yellow crystals and a couple questions [Re: Ferdinando]
    #14074766 - 03/06/11 09:24 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

I read the yellow/orange waxy crystals (from evap) are more potent - is it generally twice as strong so 25mg should be hyperspace?

How do I dose it?

Offlinedoses
Obsessive Purist
Male

#14074776 - 03/06/11 09:26 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

Dscid said:
I read the yellow/orange waxy crystals (from evap) are more potent - is it generally twice as strong so 25mg should be hyperspace?

How do I dose it?

This is incorrect, that color is evidence of impurities which reduce potency.

--------------------
:atom: :tripmolecule: :lsdabc: :tripmolecule: :atom:

OfflineDscid
 User Gallery

Re: Very yellow crystals and a couple questions [Re: doses]
    #14074850 - 03/06/11 09:51 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

I thought these impurities are akin to cannabinoids <-> THC.  Other alkaloids can potentiate the experience?

Offlinedoses
Obsessive Purist
Male

#14074899 - 03/06/11 10:02 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

No, that isn't the case sadly. Yellowness is generally plant fats that are obviously not active. The whiter the purer, the purer the better.

--------------------

OfflineDscid
 User Gallery

Re: Very yellow crystals and a couple questions [Re: doses]
    #14074935 - 03/06/11 10:15 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

So a hot xylene bath -> pull top layer -> freeze precipitate -> purified?

*edit*  smoked*

I decided not to freebase, and use an ash screen with some Blue Dreams on top.  At 30-35mgs it was WAY more than my -many- freebase attempts with the pure white.  I only got one full blown hit of it too, so I know I didn't do the full dose. 

It was my first time not trying freebase, so I can't say the difference of freebasing the yellow. 

So now I have need a good answer, but the information is so damn contradictory around here, it gets a little overwhelming :P

Firstly, does the Xylene wash lessen the yield by a notable %? 

Secondly, should I mix my (unwashed) pure white crystals already obtained into the bath with the yellow?  Would it evenly distribute potency?

Thirdly -^ I'm concerned with the above due to having bought MHRB extremely powdered (plant dyes).  Nature Boy says that those micro-particles could be trapped in the white powder as an inert.  Thus, increasing your weight, while decreasing potency of any 'dosage'.

Eh? :smile:

*edit2: oh yeah

The reason I'm evaporating to begin with is my freezer isn't too good...it gets to 12f degrees, and on this last pull, none of the pure DMT stuck, so I evaporated...so a Naptha bath will only put me back a step it seems...=(

Edited by Dscid (03/06/11 11:21 AM)

Offlinedoses
Obsessive Purist
Male

#14075118 - 03/06/11 11:07 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

Yup. Or naphtha. But yes.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale