Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecnidarium
radiallysymetric

Loc: benthic
city slicker looking for mini bales on the internet
    #1404660 - 03/24/03 12:03 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

I live in a major metropolis and can't get hay locally nor do I have a car. In the fall, I have found mini bales at street sales and pumpkin patches. I am looking for a more reliable (year round) source on the internet. Any ideas? I have checked craft sites and searched to no avail.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOscuro_lobo
Dark Wolf

Loc: it doesn't really matter.
Re: city slicker looking for mini bales on the internet [Re: cnidarium]
    #1404663 - 03/24/03 12:09 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
Re: city slicker looking for mini bales on the internet [Re: Oscuro_lobo]
    #1404671 - 03/24/03 12:21 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

On the link above they sell "Hay bales" Please be aware of what you're buying.

There is a difference between HAY and STRAW. For growing mushrooms, you want straw, not hay. Be careful.

Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

InvisibleOscuro_lobo
Dark Wolf

Re: city slicker looking for mini bales on the internet [Re: Lana]
    #1404684 - 03/24/03 12:44 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

Someone on here said once, although it's sold as a 'hay' bale, it's actually straw.
So I was going on that.

-ol

Anonymous

Re: city slicker looking for mini bales on the internet [Re: Oscuro_lobo]
    #1404726 - 03/24/03 01:53 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

If you want I can go accross the street and bye you some and I can send it to ya. All I wll charge you is for the straw and shipping and handling. You wont have to pay me anything. Just pm me and we can discuss. I have afeed store across the street and the post office 3 doors down so its no big deal to me.

Offlinecnidarium
radiallysymetric

Loc: benthic
Re: city slicker looking for mini bales on the internet [Re: fee]
    #1412932 - 03/26/03 11:49 PM (21 years, 26 days ago)

I am of the impression that hay is green and straw is yellow.

I have tried timothy hay marketed as rabbit food and had mixed results. I got 3 of these mini bales in the fall and after a miss had two great results.

InvisibleOscuro_lobo
Dark Wolf

Re: city slicker looking for mini bales on the internet [Re: Lana]
    #1432433 - 04/05/03 09:06 PM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Now that the search feature is back, I looked up where I saw that info... here it is, from mycofile.

Quote:

Re: Where can someone get hay and PC bags?? [Re:no-tone]
#1325280 - 02/21/03 06:04 PM Edit Reply Quote

sorry dude, but this ain't advanced. On top of that, answers are easy to find. You shouldn't post like this.

But anyway. You don't want hay, it's very shitty, search if you want to know why specifically.

Straw is what you want. Nearly any kind of straw will work, but 99% of us (and them too I suppose) use wheat straw. You get straw from nurseries, home improvement stores, farmers, landscape companies, some pet stores, and most overlooked, craft stores or even walmarts craft section. Craft straw is sometimes called hay on the packaging, but it is definitely straw. mini bales 12"X12"X6" cost anywhere from fifty cents to five dollars and can yield nearly a dry pound if you got mad luck or mad skills. If you like to get ripped off or are lazy, I believe mushroommagic sells preshredded straw from outrageous amounts of money. They also have other shitty business practices for which they should not be supported.

Oven bags suck, the plastic is thinner and the seams aren't sealed. Order autoclave bags from a vendor.

Use the faq, use the search, post in appropriate forums.

--------------------
-"From a certain point of view"

PM me with any cultivation questions.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom