Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Harvesting the Abhorts
    #14044 - 04/24/00 05:21 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

How long have the "stunted little abhorts" been on the cakes? Are the stems beginning to change color or feel soft and squishy to the touch? If so, they've been on the cake too long, and you'll want to get them off of there and chunk 'em, especially if the pin-heads are black. If they're still healthy and it's obvious that they're just not going to grow,the way I do it is just take an exacto or razor knife and cut them off.

Good Luck, and enjoy!

------------------
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
---Willy Wonka

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLinkA
Intrinsically No Good

Loc: Lost Woods, Hyrule
    #14046 - 04/24/00 05:31 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

i dunno about chucking them. i'd keep them unless they're really black. i've eaten them with black heads before and they were still ok.

you use a razor? and special reason? i just twist and pull and they come off clean. doesn't using a razor leave a bit of shroom on the cake, where it can rot, and also leave a spot where the next flush won't grow? just wondering

Link

------------------
How I wish that somewhere there existed an island for those who are wise and of good will.
-Albert Einstein

--------------------
Wonder had gone away, and he had forgotten that all life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.  -- H.P. Lovecraft "The Silver Key"

Anonymous

#14047 - 04/24/00 05:42 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, sometimes the razor is a little awkward, but the reason I use it (sterilized always) is to keep my hands off the mycelium as much as possible, and sometimes, the abhorts are too small to grab. Just little bitty no-growing nubs. I did have the leftover problem at first, but with practice, you can get it all off of there with a blade, sort of half cutting and half tearing it off the cake. What will happen if you leave a big blob of it is, shrooms will grow around it, but generally abhort themselves. At least that's the way it looks to me.

I have read that the black-pinned abhorts can make you ill, so I've never eaten them.

Seeya

------------------
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
---Willy Wonka

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom