Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelil.brooke92
Stranger
Female

dunked a pinning cake for 20 hours...
    #14002415 - 02/21/11 04:12 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Hi all :smile:
a friend of mine just dunked and rolled 8 1/4 pint pf cakes, just an experiment to see how well 1/4 pints actually do.
one of the jars had already started to pin and this was about 5 days after fully colonized.
She then proceeded to dunk all of the cakes and roll them in dry verm.
Her question is, was 20 hours too long to dunk an already pinning cake? or is she freaking out about nothing? lol
She has constructed a SG terrarium RR style to the T, its just a bit smaller than demonstrated in the video. her digital hygro reads 95% humidity at all times and she fans about every 1-2 hours. white fuzz has started to grow over the verm layer on a couple cakes, is this normal? its all white and smells very mushroomy. any feedback would be appreciated.
thanks to everybody at the shroomery! my friend could have never made it this far whithout you guys! :thumbup:

--------------------
EVERYTHING ABOVE IS FALSE!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline3n1gm4
3N!9M4T!C
 User Gallery

Loc: The Downside of Up
Re: dunked a pinning cake for 20 hours... [Re: lil.brooke92]
    #14002439 - 02/21/11 04:17 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

IMO you shouldn't have rolled an already pinning cake because a piece of verm on top of the pin could and probably will cause it to abort. 20 hours isn't too long but if you do it again try just dunking handling very carefully and topping it with verm to hold some extra moisture after placing in the FC if the pins aren't on the top. Just my opinion from what I have read.

--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/6257/Magic-Mushroom-Dosage-CalculatorLOL when you zoom in to try to read my sig pics you will get lost in the crystal forrest of ghanni!

Offlinelil.brooke92
Stranger
Female

Re: dunked a pinning cake for 20 hours... [Re: 3n1gm4]
    #14002467 - 02/21/11 04:20 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

3n1gm4 said:
IMO you shouldn't have rolled an already pinning cake because a piece of verm on top of the pin could and probably will cause it to abort. 20 hours isn't too long but if you do it again try just dunking handling very carefully and topping it with verm to hold some extra moisture after placing in the FC if the pins aren't on the top. Just my opinion from what I have read.

Thanks for the quick response. Even if the pin aborts she should still be expecting more pins to show up right?

--------------------

Offlinelil.brooke92
Stranger
Female

#14002522 - 02/21/11 04:28 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

oh, and I have searched the site and haven't fount an accurate answer. I have found almost all of my answers by using the search engine.. imagine that? ha-ha
but my friends rh stays about 95% so is misting still a rood idea or should she just be fanning?

--------------------

Offline3n1gm4
3N!9M4T!C
 User Gallery

#14002586 - 02/21/11 04:39 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Fan mist fan, if they are already pinning you don't have to worry too much about over misting unless you drench them. Two to three times a day, light mist into the air over cakes until the exposed myc looks like it has tiny dew drops on it, then fan for 30 seconds to a few minutes till most of the moisture is gone, I read in a RR post that all moisture should be gone withing 30 minutes of misting but I am not sure if that was for initiating pinning or always?
I know that when trying to get cakes to pin you don't want to over mist and keep them wet, but that is as far as I have gotten, I need to go read up on how much to mist pins myself, I know the times per day but haven't gotten the specific if you can drench a pin yet. I have been just misting lightly two or three times a day to be safe. Forum searching sucks and usually what you find is way outdated.

--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/6257/Magic-Mushroom-Dosage-CalculatorLOL when you zoom in to try to read my sig pics you will get lost in the crystal forrest of ghanni!

Offlinelil.brooke92
Stranger
Female

#14002650 - 02/21/11 04:55 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

3n1gm4 said:
Fan mist fan, if they are already pinning you don't have to worry too much about over misting unless you drench them. Two to three times a day, light mist into the air over cakes until the exposed myc looks like it has tiny dew drops on it, then fan for 30 seconds to a few minutes till most of the moisture is gone, I read in a RR post that all moisture should be gone withing 30 minutes of misting but I am not sure if that was for initiating pinning or always?
I know that when trying to get cakes to pin you don't want to over mist and keep them wet, but that is as far as I have gotten, I need to go read up on how much to mist pins myself, I know the times per day but haven't gotten the specific if you can drench a pin yet. I have been just misting lightly two or three times a day to be safe. Forum searching sucks and usually what you find is way outdated.

okay that helps a little :smile: thanks for taking the time to help out :thumbup:
my friend has been fanning misting and fanning again, in addition to spraying the walls and lid of her SG. things should be moving along pretty well, I will post pics up as soon as she gets her first flush, should be a week or two im suspecting.

--------------------

Offlinelil.brooke92
Stranger
Female

#14007850 - 02/22/11 02:23 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

The pin is growing so the water didnt kill it! and there is a couple more new pins as well :laugh: its very exciting, as for the other cakes though, are they supposed to pin after the fuzzy white takes over the verm layer on the rolled cakes?

--------------------

Offline3n1gm4
3N!9M4T!C
 User Gallery

#14008325 - 02/22/11 03:55 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

How long did you let them consolidate after full colonization and what was your incubation temp?

--------------------

Offline3n1gm4
3N!9M4T!C
 User Gallery

#14008338 - 02/22/11 03:58 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Nm i just read it in your first post about consolidation, you probably should have left them in the jar a few more days. Keep fanning and mist lightly a few times a day and they will pin. Mist from a foot or two away and don't get them too wet, and fan the heck out of em.

--------------------

Offlinelil.brooke92
Stranger
Female

#14009194 - 02/22/11 06:49 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

3n1gm4 said:
Nm i just read it in your first post about consolidation, you probably should have left them in the jar a few more days. Keep fanning and mist lightly a few times a day and they will pin. Mist from a foot or two away and don't get them too wet, and fan the heck out of em.

Thanks 3n1gm4, you've been quite helpful :smile:
guess its just a waiting game. i've gotta learn to be more patient..

--------------------

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #14009210 - 02/22/11 06:52 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

:dudewtf: :lol:

Offline3n1gm4
3N!9M4T!C
 User Gallery

#14009211 - 02/22/11 06:52 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

lil.brooke92 said:
Quote:

3n1gm4 said:

If they don't pin within a few weeks just re dunk them(but they will)

--------------------

Invisibletr20josh
Boomer
Male User Gallery

#14009250 - 02/22/11 07:00 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I have a cake that had a couple of pins on it when I dunked and rolled, they were pressed against the cake because of the glass but now they're growing out just like normal mushrooms.  I've heard it's likely that they'll abort but mine seem to be doing fine so far.  I dunked for a full 24 hours and I didn't wait until a week for all of them.  I birth them when they start to pin (sometimes within a couple days of 100% colonization) and I usually have cakes pin within three or four days of putting them in the FC (unless I'm growing PE... They take like ten days for some reason, such a weird strain).  Sounds like they're doing fine though.  Good luck with the grow

Offline3n1gm4
3N!9M4T!C
 User Gallery

Re: dunked a pinning cake for 20 hours... [Re: tr20josh]
    #14009278 - 02/22/11 07:05 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I have 3 pint jars of creepers that have been noced for 5 weeks tomorrow one has a pin in it but I am just going to wait till Friday to dunk.

--------------------

Offlinelil.brooke92
Stranger
Female

Re: dunked a pinning cake for 20 hours... [Re: tr20josh]
    #14009285 - 02/22/11 07:06 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

tr20josh said:
I have a cake that had a couple of pins on it when I dunked and rolled, they were pressed against the cake because of the glass but now they're growing out just like normal mushrooms.  I've heard it's likely that they'll abort but mine seem to be doing fine so far.  I dunked for a full 24 hours and I didn't wait until a week for all of them.  I birth them when they start to pin (sometimes within a couple days of 100% colonization) and I usually have cakes pin within three or four days of putting them in the FC (unless I'm growing PE... They take like ten days for some reason, such a weird strain).  Sounds like they're doing fine though.  Good luck with the grow

i have PE strain from sporeworks that i was plannaing to do a rye grain casing with, ive heard it was a pretty strange strain but a super potent :mushroom2:
and i had one decent looking pin on one of the cakes while it was still in the jar and it survived a 20 hour dunk and i proceeded to roll it, and now its growing just fine, i was nervous as well because ive heard that they will rott out and they needed to be picked but i was like fuck that lol its my only pinn ill leave it be :smile:

--------------------

Offlinelil.brooke92
Stranger
Female

#14009305 - 02/22/11 07:09 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

3n1gm4 said:
Quote:

lil.brooke92 said:
Quote:

3n1gm4 said:

If they don't pin within a few weeks just re dunk them(but they will)

i sure hope so :thumbup: they were dunked for 20 hours hopefully they pin soon. i hear creepers are slow colonizers as well as mazatapecs but the wait is worth it i suspect.

--------------------

Offlinelil.brooke92
Stranger
Female

Re: dunked a pinning cake for 20 hours... [Re: BothHands]
    #14009313 - 02/22/11 07:11 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

BothHands said:

:dudewtf: :lol:

Bahaha! I had to do it, this pic is rediculously funny.
it caught your eye right? :smirk:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds