Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblexganon
polydrug abuser
Loc: here
psychedelic philosophising while sober
    #1400053 - 03/22/03 07:06 AM (21 years, 2 days ago)

Is trying to distill the magic of the psychedelic experience into words and ideas which can be argued over a mere way to pass time, with the best way to integrate this magic being living it instead of thinking about it?

Or, can the thoughts be rooted in everyday life so that they serve their normal purpose of making a human live it's life more intelligently, only with the added evolutionary bonus of psychedelia?

To me, trying to bridge the gap between psychedelia and sobriety is an attempt to bring about a permanent psychedelic state. I have been successful in doing this (although being stoned during all non-working hours likely contributes as well). Sometimes the structures I build end up being knocked down and exposed as rotten during a trip even though I was drawing them from the trip in the first place.

--------------------
Please remove all dollar signs from my listed contact information

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: psychedelic philosophising while sober [Re: xganon]
    #1400195 - 03/22/03 08:15 AM (21 years, 2 days ago)

I've always tried to instill my thoughts and emotions from a psychedelic experience into my everyday life. Being that its been over 1 1/2 years since I last injested hallucinogenic mushrooms, I've found it harder to remember certain aspects of the experience.

Sometimes, when Im very awake, sober, healthy and at peace and happiness with myself, I can sit in a sunny area in my room, close my eyes and think of every moment that I can before eating mushrooms, eating them, coming up, the plateau, and coming down. The excitement and uneasy feeling in your stomach before eating them...the taste of them, the consistency of the dried mushrooms getting stuck in your teeth, and that light headed feeling you get coming up.

Thinking of all this, and sitting by myself in a peaceful area always remind me of how it feels, and bridges the gap for the time being. A few weeks ago while doing this I had to stop and get up and get a glass of water, because I felt like I was going to loose my mind. Some ideas that I had encountered during the trip were brought back into my imagination.

:smile:

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: psychedelic philosophising while sober [Re: angryshroom]
    #1400395 - 03/22/03 09:59 AM (21 years, 2 days ago)

Sounds like the ol' "Acid Graduation"...

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: psychedelic philosophising while sober [Re: xganon]
    #1400817 - 03/22/03 01:43 PM (21 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

To me, trying to bridge the gap between psychedelia and sobriety is an attempt to bring about a permanent psychedelic state. I have been successful in doing this (although being stoned during all non-working hours likely contributes as well). Sometimes the structures I build end up being knocked down and exposed as rotten during a trip even though I was drawing them from the trip in the first place.

heh... back when i was still doing drugs, i tried to do this, too... and i came to the same results you did... and i think it is because when you build a thought pattern based on a trip, you are judgin it... you are using your ego to analize an experience, a feeling or a thought you aquired during an more or less egoless state... so you are only kidding yourself... nevertheless i found out that it psychedelic philosophising while sober is possible to a certain degree... sometimes in moments of peaceful mind i find myself having some very deep insights, pretty much the same i had during a drug-induced psychedelic experience... i even get those weird synchronicities in certain situations with the right people... "coincidences" that make you go WOW... its pretty cool actually...
i think it is all about quieting the mind, thus getting rid of the constant influence of the ego... that allows you to open the door to your sub and even unconscious mind... meditation is also a VERY powerful tool in achieving this...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies