Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroomin7
Stranger

Loc: USA Flag
How long does it take for mycelium to grow when using syringes?
    #13978795 - 02/17/11 01:03 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

inoculated jars on 2/8 and as of 2/17 there's nothing so far... other than what seems to be a vinegar smell when taking the lid off of the storage container. other than that they look like they did on the 8th. any thoughts?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrippinTime
TC....get it?
 User Gallery

Re: How long does it take for mycelium to grow when using syringes? [Re: shroomin7]
    #13978826 - 02/17/11 01:09 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

1. what size jars
2. what's in the jars
3. what strain is it, and where did you get the syringe
4. how do you have your jars stored
5. why on earth are you opening colonizing jars?!

--------------------
How I do EVERYTHING:
RR's Rye Tek  |  Damion5050's Coir Tek  |  TL's Glove Box Tek  |  FastFred's Media Cookbook (I use PDA)  |  Fatguy's Agar Tek

Offlinepsilosibling
Re: How long does it take for mycelium to grow when using syringes? [Re: TrippinTime]
    #13978867 - 02/17/11 01:20 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

If you had the jar incubating in a fridge, myc would never grow.
If you had it the jar incubating in an oven, myc also would never grow.

Gotta provide more info mate, if you want serious answers. Explain your process/setup/incubation parameters.

Offlinedmonkey1
Monkey Say...
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 39°50′39″N 75°42′...
Re: How long does it take for mycelium to grow when using syringes? [Re: shroomin7]
    #13978919 - 02/17/11 01:32 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

shroomin7 said: vinegar smell

not good. could be bacteria.  What type of spawn?  I think its too wet or you added too much liquid/spores

--------------------
Check out my Trade List!!

Offlineshroomin7
Stranger

#13979055 - 02/17/11 02:13 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Ok. I presterilized the freshly ground brown rice and verm (in separate containers) in a 300 degree oven for 30 min. Then mixed it all together with bottled water made by Nestle with the Gerber label on it... purified water with added minerals I believe...straight out of the bottle. Steam sterilized for about 90 minutes... no pressure cooker. Used a plug in roaster like you use for turkeys. Only had 2 innoculating holes per half pint jar and only put maybe 0.5 cc's in each jar. GT was the strain. they are stored in a rubbermaid container on a top shelf in my closet with a heater in the room. temp range in the room has been 75-85 degrees. hope that helps.

Offlinei GrOw StUFF
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Space
    #13979081 - 02/17/11 02:20 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

shroomin7 said:
Ok. I presterilized the freshly ground brown rice and verm (in separate containers) in a 300 degree oven for 30 min. Then mixed it all together with bottled water made by Nestle with the Gerber label on it... purified water with added minerals I believe...straight out of the bottle. Steam sterilized for about 90 minutes... no pressure cooker. Used a plug in roaster like you use for turkeys. Only had 2 innoculating holes per half pint jar and only put maybe 0.5 cc's in each jar. GT was the strain. they are stored in a rubbermaid container on a top shelf in my closet with a heater in the room. temp range in the room has been 75-85 degrees. hope that helps.

never have your temps over 80 degres for your jars.  Presterilizing isn't necessary.  Just steam sterilize with the top on the pot for 90-120 minutes.  I prefer 120.  Need 4 inoculation holes.  1/4 CC in each hole, thats 1 CC per jar...Jars need to be in open air, no fans or anything though.  The jars need to be able to breath air.  My guess is that your temps were high as shit so you were favoring the bacteria and the jars couldn't breath because they were locked up with no air, which also favors contams

--------------------
The mushrooms, which grow only during the season of torrential rains, awaken the forces of creation and produce an experience of spiritual abundance, of an astonishing, inexhaustible constitution of forms that identifies them with fertility and makes them a mediation, a means of communion, of communication between man and the natural world of which they are the metaphysical flesh.

Offlinei GrOw StUFF
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: How long does it take for mycelium to grow when using syringes? [Re: i GrOw StUFF]
    #13979090 - 02/17/11 02:21 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

and make sure you have the dry verm layer too.....Go to youtube.com and type in "lets grow mushrooms" for a search.  Watch the 5 part video from start to finish.

--------------------
The mushrooms, which grow only during the season of torrential rains, awaken the forces of creation and produce an experience of spiritual abundance, of an astonishing, inexhaustible constitution of forms that identifies them with fertility and makes them a mediation, a means of communion, of communication between man and the natural world of which they are the metaphysical flesh.

Offlineshroomin7
Stranger

Re: How long does it take for mycelium to grow when using syringes? [Re: i GrOw StUFF]
    #13979127 - 02/17/11 02:29 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

the jars also have tape over the holes. so are you saying they should not be in the container? i thought they were supposed to be in the dark while the mycelium grows. should the tape be on the holes now? i've also been reading that temp in the 80's range is what you want. any help you can offer is appreciated. i also do not see any contams at this point. like I said the jars look like they did when i put them in the container. i've also read that you can get away with less then 1 cc but it takes longer for the mycelium to grow. and yes i do have the dry verm layer in the jars.

Offlinei GrOw StUFF
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #13979180 - 02/17/11 02:43 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Nope, they can be and should be exposed to just indirect room light during the regular day hours and dark at night.  The dark rule is out dated info.  Just keep them on a shelf some place where the temps are between 73-79 and don't worry about the light.  Just make sure they never get hit by direct light of any sort.  Like direct sunlight or under a lamp....temps 83+ are not good and will slow growth while favoring contaminants.  What type of tape is on the holes?  Only micropore tape is okay

yes you can get away with less than 1 CC, but 1 CC is the best in my opinion

--------------------

Edited by i GrOw StUFF (02/17/11 02:44 PM)

Offlinepsilosibling
    #13979395 - 02/17/11 03:29 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah it looks like your info is pretty outdated. This forum is the place to be to keep up to date with best practices. I used to get contams all a lot when I was first starting out using old info. Now I hardly ever get any contams thanks to this board.

Offlinetreewood69
person

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: omicron persei 8
Re: How long does it take for mycelium to grow when using syringes? [Re: psilosibling]
    #13979780 - 02/17/11 04:28 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Pressure cooker is not necessary  but i had way less problems when I use one.

--------------------
I have enough cents to know I dont have any sense

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract