Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Aliens... so what?
    #13919153 - 02/07/11 12:54 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I've stated before, I don't think aliens have much reason to come here. I could be wrong. Many people want aliens to come, so they must have a reason.

Why? What good or bad would they do?

The only reason I can think of, someone once said to me that with unlimited energy there would be nothing humanity couldn't accomplish. It's appealing, but I doubt whether they would give this crazy species unlimited energy. It seems to go to the core of the question of humanity's basic nature. Thoughts?

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedemonofchaos
 User Gallery

Re: Aliens... so what? [Re: Rahz]
    #13919199 - 02/07/11 01:08 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

well if aliens came here and gave us unlimited energy it would first goto the someone in power and they would probably do something good with it... like using to make a bomb and destroying the world.

InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA Flag
Re: Aliens... so what? [Re: demonofchaos]
    #13919220 - 02/07/11 01:15 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

They've already visited. And I think they could still be here. Call me a crackpot if you will :shrug: Good they could do: Help humanity evolve for the better. Bad they could do:Erase humanity from existence. Even though I think some may be here now, I don't know what to think of for their reasons.

--------------------

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: Aliens... so what? [Re: demonofchaos]
    #13919227 - 02/07/11 01:17 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

So, you're saying humanity is basically good?:tongue:

What I had in mind is that with all needs being met, except that of intimacy, humanity would be able to make up the difference and existential suffering would eventually taper to a minimum.

On the flip side, before this could happen, someone might use that energy to blow up the world, or short of that, the current level of suffering continues.

--------------------
rahz

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Invisible5-HT2A

#13919245 - 02/07/11 01:25 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I'm sure Aliens have a reason to come here. After all we find reasons to study lobsters and bacteria. I just don't think that we'd have much to offer them that they needed. In terms of their curiosity we have something to offer.

Offlinehesus321
Guru

Loc: Iceland
Re: Aliens... so what? [Re: 5-HT2A]
    #13919284 - 02/07/11 01:38 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Aliens being able to find us in the whole universe is the problem.

--------------------
[quote]destructo_low said:
February fourth will be my one year anniversary of having my dick pierced. This will be interesting if your prediction plays out. :strokebeard:[/quote]

[quote]c1dh3d said:
If I had known that saying Needlepoint would make all you women ovulate at once, I would have just said acid,[/quote]

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #13919292 - 02/07/11 01:40 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I imagine contact would go something like this:

Or this:

--------------------

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#13919312 - 02/07/11 01:44 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

5-HT2A said:
I'm sure Aliens have a reason to come here. After all we find reasons to study lobsters and bacteria. I just don't think that we'd have much to offer them that they needed. In terms of their curiosity we have something to offer.

Possible, but quietly perusing the fauna isn't the "Comming of the Aliens" most have in mind. I've also considered that they may quietly observe us to make sure we don't become competitive, or create a 'destroy the universe machine'.

--------------------
rahz

Invisiblemushiepussy
 User Gallery
Loc: Flag
    #13919442 - 02/07/11 02:37 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

there are dozens of resons for aliens to visit, but no reason to think that they have. If they traveled hundreds of light years to get here, they would probably want to stay, at least for a little bit, and they would bring alot of others.

if you want to know how aliens would act, think about what you would do if you went to their planet.

InvisibleEminence
Male

Re: Aliens... so what? [Re: mushiepussy]
    #13919455 - 02/07/11 02:44 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mushiepussy said:
there are dozens of resons for aliens to visit, but no reason to think that they have. If they traveled hundreds of light years to get here, they would probably want to stay, at least for a little bit, and they would bring alot of others.

if you want to know how aliens would act, think about what you would do if you went to their planet.

There are definitely reasons to believe that they have already visited.

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Aliens... so what? [Re: Silversoul]
    #13919465 - 02/07/11 02:47 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
I imagine contact would go something like this:

Or this:

White squares?  :wtf:

As far as the OP goes, I can see a developing race (particularly at a time of exponentially increasing technology and pending population/resource crises) being of interest to extraterrestrials.  :shrug:

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: Aliens... so what? [Re: deCypher] * 3
    #13919505 - 02/07/11 03:04 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

1/4" white squares? Doh! Acid. Yes, LSD opens the inter-dimensional portal.

Or we could ask an alien who is already here: Poid!

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Aliens... so what? [Re: OrgoneConclusion] * 1
    #13919512 - 02/07/11 03:07 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Poid is without a doubt :etjesus::yesnod:

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlinehesus321
Guru

Loc: Iceland
Re: Aliens... so what? [Re: Eminence]
    #13919815 - 02/07/11 07:35 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

frylock91 said:
Quote:

mushiepussy said:

Lol, like what?

--------------------
[quote]destructo_low said:
February fourth will be my one year anniversary of having my dick pierced. This will be interesting if your prediction plays out. :strokebeard:[/quote]

[quote]c1dh3d said:
If I had known that saying Needlepoint would make all you women ovulate at once, I would have just said acid,[/quote]

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
Re: Aliens... so what? [Re: hesus321]
    #13919823 - 02/07/11 07:42 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

like february 4th

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery
Loc: off the wall
    #13919851 - 02/07/11 08:01 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Rahz said:
What I had in mind is that with all needs being met, except that of intimacy, humanity would be able to make up the difference and existential suffering would eventually taper to a minimum.

I read a study that empathy has been exponentially declining since the 80's... if this is true, do you think suffering would still taper to a minimum?

OfflineSmokedShroom
ShroomMush
Male User Gallery

Re: Aliens... so what? [Re: deranger]
    #13920219 - 02/07/11 10:17 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Good- desires peace for us enough to wipe out all world leaders and give a chance for hippies to take over.

Bad- Kill everybody and move on to the next phase for their planet. Since aliens mate with females your girlfriend will never be able to resist those creatures, and is no more satisfied by your dick after her orgasmic encounter.

:rockon:

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: Aliens... so what? [Re: deranger]
    #13920567 - 02/07/11 11:59 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

deranger said:
Quote:

Rahz said:

I read a study that empathy has been exponentially declining since the 80's... if this is true, do you think suffering would still taper to a minimum?

I would hope that in a more ideal situation, empathy would increase. When looking at history, it seems there are periods in which an increase in the standard of living produced more empathy but maybe there has always been a price to pay for a subset of humanity to reach those points, and that is why it never lasts. In a situation where the standard was raised for everyone, there would be less reason to harbour blame towards others, so perhaps this would create an ideal situation for the individuals resolution of mortality.

I don't know though. I think that overall, the standard of living hasn't decreased since the 80's. The availability of media and information has increased, and that's a mixed bag. The reality of history comes to light, and people tend to get a little angry about it.

An alien scenario might present a change in the 'natural' ebb and flow of suffering, and that is why people hope an alien fleet will come and save us?

--------------------
rahz

InvisibleEminence
Male

Re: Aliens... so what? [Re: hesus321]
    #13920650 - 02/07/11 12:17 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hesus321 said:
Quote:

frylock91 said:
Quote:

mushiepussy said:

Lol, like what?

Well, whether t seems like possible evidence is up to you, but I think old structures and artifacts, plus drawings are some. They talk about this on the show ancient aliens, but I thought about a lot of that stuff before the show came out. Also, I've just seen some unexplainable things before.

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: Aliens... so what? [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #13920869 - 02/07/11 01:10 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Or we could ask an alien who is already here: Poid!

We aliens are not really interested in you humans; you guys 'r' fagz. :stoned:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds