Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSpongeBob
Stranger
Dookie vs. 50/50, Pin sets.
    #1387343 - 03/18/03 07:37 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

I'll try to make this a short post but I'm not promising anything. Okay, so here it goes. A friend of mine has been growing now for a couple months, and with great success I might add. His first grow, PF jars cased with 50/50, proved to work quite well, but he realized that it could of gone better: he now seeks to achieve a more even pinset, and he realizes that this is usuallt accompliched by an even application of casing material.

This guy has now stepped up to rye berries and has just harvested his first flush of acadian's. And while he thought initialy that the pinset was quite even, it turned out that only 15 or so of the hundreds of pins fully matured. Now this guy also realizes that removing early developing pins would help the casin to grow more evenly, but due to the fact that he was involved in a weekend of general debauchery, he was unable to pluck such early risers.

So, my friend, in an ever-lasting quest to improve upon his skills-would like to move away from the 50/50 to dookie, perferablly cow dookie. The reason for this is that he believes the 50/50 does not contain enough nutrients, dries out too quickly, and thereby results in only a portion of the pins fully maturing. Of course, he may be way off on this assesment, but being the stubborn bastard he is, he still wants to move to the dookie.

So the question is, can he just buy those 40# bags of shit they sell at lowe's? I mean, he doesn't have to go tromping through cow fileds to collect the patties does he? It would be a great help if someone could post a link to a cowshit tek, or just give some decent inst. or whatever; really all I suppose he really needs to know is whether or not store bought shit is good to go.

Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Dookie vs. 50/50, Pin sets. [Re: SpongeBob]
    #1387427 - 03/18/03 08:01 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

ya store bought shit is fine read a little more though.you still need to case shit and the 50/50+ rocks man! at least thats what kramer tells me

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Dookie vs. 50/50, Pin sets. [Re: SpongeBob]
    #1387429 - 03/18/03 08:02 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

50/50 casing material contains NO usable nutrients for the mushrooms.
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/3282

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags