Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Coca puts fizz in new Bolivian energy drink
    #13810711 - 01/18/11 08:49 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

January 18, 2011 - Reuters

A pale green energy drink made from coca leaves has given Bolivian President Evo Morales a boost as he tries to persuade the United Nations to scrap a ban on the traditional Andean practice of chewing the leaves.

Coca is the raw material for making cocaine, but Bolivians have chewed the leaves for centuries for it mild stimulant that reduces hunger and altitude sickness.

The coca leaf was declared an illegal narcotic in the 1961 U.N. Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs, along with cocaine, heroin, opium and morphine and a host of chemical drugs.

Tuesday's launch of the energy drink Coca Brynco was hailed by the Bolivian government as an important step in its efforts to promote coca's health benefits and develop legal uses for its leaves in the world's No. 3 cocaine producer.

"We want to reaffirm with this product that the coca leaf is healthy," Rural Development Minister Nemesia Achacollo said at the launch. "We must defend our coca leaf and show it's not a drug."

Morales, who rose as leader of Bolivia's coca planters to become its first indigenous president, has asked the U.N. to decriminalize coca chewing. Member states have until the end of January to submit objections to the Bolivian appeal.

Two years ago, another group of Bolivian entrepreneurs launched a coca-based energy drink called Coca Colla that failed to gain traction in the local market.

But Coca Brynco's production manager, Jhonny Vargas, was optimistic the planned $1 million investment would pay off.

"Our aim is to cover the whole of Bolivia and start exporting to neighboring countries," he said, adding that the plant would initially use 500 pounds of coca leaves per month.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInvisible_Woe

Loc: Mabase
Re: Coca puts fizz in new Bolivian energy drink [Re: veggie]
    #13810942 - 01/18/11 09:27 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

veggie said:

A pale green energy drink made from coca leaves has given Bolivian President Evo Morales a boost as he tries to persuade the United Nations to scrap a ban on the traditional Andean practice of chewing the leaves.

Coca is the raw material for making cocaine, but Bolivians have chewed the leaves for centuries for it mild stimulant that reduces hunger and altitude sickness.

The coca leaf was declared an illegal narcotic in the 1961 U.N. Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs, along with cocaine, heroin, opium and morphine and a host of chemical drugs.

Tuesday's launch of the energy drink Coca Brynco was hailed by the Bolivian government as an important step in its efforts to promote coca's health benefits and develop legal uses for its leaves in the world's No. 3 cocaine producer.

"We want to reaffirm with this product that the coca leaf is healthy," Rural Development Minister Nemesia Achacollo said at the launch. "We must defend our coca leaf and show it's not a drug."

Morales, who rose as leader of Bolivia's coca planters to become its first indigenous president, has asked the U.N. to decriminalize coca chewing. Member states have until the end of January to submit objections to the Bolivian appeal.

Two years ago, another group of Bolivian entrepreneurs launched a coca-based energy drink called Coca Colla that failed to gain traction in the local market.

But Coca Brynco's production manager, Jhonny Vargas, was optimistic the planned $1 million investment would pay off.

"Our aim is to cover the whole of Bolivia and start exporting to neighboring countries," he said, adding that the plant would initially use 500 pounds of coca leaves per month.

so it has cocaine in it?
if so i wonder what the concentration is, i would love to drink a bottle or 8

--------------------
These are not the answers you should be questioning.

OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

Re: Coca puts fizz in new Bolivian energy drink [Re: Invisible_Woe]
    #13810978 - 01/18/11 09:33 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Lol; great idea but I'd probably try to stay away.

--------------------

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
    #13811345 - 01/18/11 10:26 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Invisible_Woe said:
Quote:

veggie said:

so it has cocaine in it?

:headslap:

Are your serious?:lol:

InvisibleInvisible_Woe

Re: Coca puts fizz in new Bolivian energy drink [Re: Konyap]
    #13811393 - 01/18/11 10:31 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

aiyobro said:
Quote:

Invisible_Woe said:
Quote:

veggie said:

so it has cocaine in it?

:headslap:

Are your serious?:lol:

from what i gather is is a cocaine beverage right?...like coca colla once was...so drinking large quantities should cause inebriation right? maybe im missing something :confused:

--------------------

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
    #13811426 - 01/18/11 10:37 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

coca paste and cocaine are two different things

its like if you ate chocolate then added i dunno cleaning detergent to it and it became a hard drug

see

InvisibleInvisible_Woe

Re: Coca puts fizz in new Bolivian energy drink [Re: Konyap]
    #13811453 - 01/18/11 10:42 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

aiyobro said:
coca paste and cocaine are two different things

its like if you ate chocolate then added i dunno cleaning detergent to it and it became a hard drug

see

i see, well. shows what i know :retawed:

--------------------

OfflineSirNoseDvoidoFungi
Stranger

Loc: Oregon Flag
Re: Coca puts fizz in new Bolivian energy drink [Re: veggie]
    #13811490 - 01/18/11 10:47 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

veggie said:

Real fucking subtle, Reuters.  And not loaded at all.

What in the hell has journalism come to?

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Coca puts fizz in new Bolivian energy drink [Re: SirNoseDvoidoFungi]
    #13811663 - 01/18/11 11:24 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I think Reuters' thrust is that the Bolivian government is attempting to cut down on illegal cocaine trafficking by finding legitimate ways to use the country's enormous coca harvest.

This is how you fight drug trafficking without bankrupting or imprisoning anyone.

This is how you can actually win the drug war - by finding third-way solutions.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OfflineRun
Questioning my existance
 User Gallery

Re: Coca puts fizz in new Bolivian energy drink [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #13811741 - 01/18/11 11:40 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:

This is how you can actually win the drug war - by finding third-way solutions.

First off , I don't think this involves any part of the drug war.
Cocaine is completely different than Coca . I'm pretty sure its a mild stimulant relatively close to chocolate & Caffeine in its natural state.

It would probably be like how monster is(or similar caffeinated drinks are), or cigarettes are in the US, where they don't really get you that high just addicting. And people are still going to want to use cocaine not just switch to coca drink.

This is just another way to make money , but I would like to see this make shelves . there will probably be a lot of other things stemmed from this( maybe further cocaine production since the coca leaf would be easier to get and break down )

--------------------
You, me, this point in existence is undeniably so unique, we take everything for granite ,life , comprehension, feelings, thought, so accustomed to understanding that we've lost the meaning of fully understanding who we are..... we are the extra terrestrial, we are the unknown, we are the mystical...

Edited by Run (01/18/11 11:53 PM)

Free sVs!
Female

Re: Coca puts fizz in new Bolivian energy drink [Re: Run]
    #13811774 - 01/18/11 11:47 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

People have been farming the coca plant for countless generations in Bolivia; the coca harvest in South America in general is much older than the prohibition on cocaine, and even knowledge of cocaine at all in the West.

So you have families who have been farming coca leaf for generations, and they need to sell it to somebody. Drug cartels refining it into cocaine have been the best option for many. Most would probably prefer to sell their coca leaf to a legitimate organization, given the chance. A coca-containing soft drink would naturally be enormously popular because it has trace amounts of cocaine in it; and since farmers will be selling their harvests to a legitimate enterprise rather than drug cartels, it will make a huge dent in the cocaine supply.

The US is dead-set on simply burning the coca harvests and putting those farmers who have relied upon it for their livelihood for generations into the poor house or prison. But there is a better way.

It honestly seems like a win-win to me. :shrug:

--------------------
Enlil said:

Edited by Tchan909 (01/18/11 11:48 PM)

Offlinetripp23
Kratom Freak
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida, US
    #13811803 - 01/18/11 11:52 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I would buy 100 bottles n let it evaporate :crazy2:

--------------------
Experience my nightmarish first time of smoking Ganja!

OfflineRun
Questioning my existance
 User Gallery

Re: Coca puts fizz in new Bolivian energy drink [Re: tripp23]
    #13811808 - 01/18/11 11:54 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

tripp23 said:
I would buy 100 bottles n let it evaporate :crazy2:

would that work?

--------------------
You, me, this point in existence is undeniably so unique, we take everything for granite ,life , comprehension, feelings, thought, so accustomed to understanding that we've lost the meaning of fully understanding who we are..... we are the extra terrestrial, we are the unknown, we are the mystical...

Free sVs!
Female

Re: Coca puts fizz in new Bolivian energy drink [Re: Run]
    #13811813 - 01/18/11 11:55 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Nothing better than cocaine cut with sugar and artificial flavors. :lol:

--------------------
Enlil said:

Offlinetripp23
Kratom Freak
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida, US
    #13812007 - 01/19/11 12:41 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

id :snort: it :awecid:

--------------------
Experience my nightmarish first time of smoking Ganja!

Offlineguest1
Mycena
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Coca puts fizz in new Bolivian energy drink [Re: tripp23]
    #13812288 - 01/19/11 02:24 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I'd buy a case of 12. I wonder what it taste like, thats why i would buy it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom