Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJust a Punk
Shithawk

Loc: Canada
Psychedelic Piftfalls
    #1365379 - 03/11/03 07:55 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

How do I avoid them?

I'm speaking of going nuts, burning out, negative results from psychedelic use over the long term.

Not everybody benefits from psychedelic drugs. How do I ensure I am not one of these people? How can I ensure that I will be able to use the visionary substances effectively and healthily?

I have taken such steps as exercising more regularly, eating better, maintaining focus on tasks and chores, and in general have tried to be more aware of myself and what I'm doing.

But it's hard to match the reality with the vision. Sometimes I worry that I won't be able to do it. These fears are dispelled after a few grams of cubensis, but the effect is only temporary, and I once again realize that I need a stronger base for further exploration.

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------
:B

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
Re: Psychedelic Piftfalls [Re: Just a Punk]
    #1365625 - 03/11/03 09:03 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

If you were unstable and bordering on schizophrenic, (and don't worry, you're not) one heavy bad trip could be all it takes to trigger a psychotic break. But otherwise, no one just 'goes nuts' overnight. You would see it coming a mile off, and hopefully have the good sense to ease off on the drugs and get your issues straightened out.
It's when you're on a steady psychedelic binge for months where you're eating acid like candy and spending more time in your trip than in the real world, that you're more likely to wake up one morning unsure where the real world went... and even then, enough 'time off' and you'll eventually get back to normal ( if normal is really what you want to be...? ) As with most things, it is all about moderation. Taking one trip at a time, spaced out enough to integrate things before you go back, you are at no risk.

Interesting that you say your fears are dispelled when you're actually on mushrooms.
It sounds like you're actually better off than I am... For me, the only times I've felt those fears of losing my mind and ruining my life is when I'm tripping. Once spent most of a trip cleaning my apartment- I mean really cleaning- stacking papers neatly, vacuuming under furniture, scrubbing everything with Comet...
Then the next day, it seems harmless. But it's still enough for me to be cautious. Not enough though for me to just leave them alone- I think whatever problem I'm running into 'in there' is something that needs my attention and something I can't defeat from 'out here.'

BTW, if HeavenlybluE has an opinion on this I'd be interested to see it...

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
Re: Psychedelic Piftfalls [Re: Xibalba]
    #1366090 - 03/11/03 11:34 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

For me, the only times I've felt those fears of losing my mind and ruining my life is when I'm tripping... Then the next day, it seems harmless.

That same thing happens to me, even when I'm stoned. I think its because I'm going through college now, dont have a real job, and in debt. I feel that I'm producing less then what I'm taking, and that bothers me. I usually end up doing dishes or trying to clean to - strange. I've only tripped once in the last 6 months, and I'm going to lay off for a while until I get a job going again.

OfflineschmutzenS
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
Re: Psychedelic Piftfalls [Re: Just a Punk]
    #1366841 - 03/11/03 04:32 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

it sounds like you're doing pretty well to me. do you keep a journal or meditate?

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom