Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineshroomer17
Stranger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
S-10 has passed Canadian Senate - despite government research decrying mandatory minimums
    #13632767 - 12/14/10 04:52 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

S-10 has passed the Canadian Senate - despite government research decrying mandatory minimums - iheartfreedom.ca December 13, 2010

Quote:

Our friends at whyprohibition.ca and Cannabisculture.com have let us know that Bill S-10 has indeed passed the senate (for real this time!).  This comes despite overwhelming amounts of research decrying the effectiveness of mandatory minimum penalties (particularly when dealing with drug crimes).  As posted in my previous editorial entitled "Bill S-10: Mandatory Minimum Senselessness," Canada's own Parliamentary Information and Research service was unable to find a direct cause and effect deterrent relationship between MMS and crime in nearly all available research.  Furthermore, while examining the issue of MMS for drug crimes, the publication finds that since the late 1980’s (when the United States introduced MMS for certain federal drug offenses): “... drug-related crime in the United States has been generally unaffected.”  Download and view the publication here (PRB 05-53E, 18 Jan 2006).  It's not too late to prevent this bill from becoming law!  See Jacob Hunter's article below for instructions on how to fight back.

On December 13 the Canadian Senate Passed S-10 (formerly known as C-15 and C-26 before that). So, where does that leave our community?
S-10 proposes Mandatory Minimum Sentences of 6 months for growing 6 or more marijuana plants, and 18 months for producing any amount of hashish or edibles (cookies, brownies, etc). S-10, like C-15 and C-26 before it, has been opposed by every expert as a massive waste of money that will increase crime and violence on our streets. In response, the Stephen Harper Conservatives have been unwilling and unable to offer up a single peice of evidence to support S-10.
Even the US Drug Czar, Gil Kerlikowske described bills like S-10 as being “dumb on drugs”. When the US Drug Czar, a man legally obligated to support the drug war is calling this bill “dumb” it must be pretty dumb indeed.
S-10 must now proceed to the House of Commons for an identical process (2 votes, committee hearings, committee report vote, final vote) as it went through in the Senate. The difference for our community is that now we can address our concerns to our elected officials, who are generally more responsive than our unelected Senators.
If we're going to defeat S-10, we need your help! Here's what you can do to help:
1) Call Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff's office, and encourage the Liberals to take a strong stand against S-10: (613) 995-9364 and (416) 251-5510
2) Call the Conservative Party of Canada and express your outrage, in as great a detail as you can, at this horrific attack on our community and our culture: (866) 808-8407
3) Post this article on Facebook, Twitter, Marijuana Forums and anywhere else online you can!
4) Sign and Share the No on S-10 Petition and Email Campaign! on Facebook, Twitter and Forums!
5) Call your local head shop (bong/pipe store), grow/hydroponics store or medical marijuana dispensary and make sure they know about S-10 and encourage them to get involved! (Handbills are available in color and black and white on the front page of WhyProhibition.ca)
6) Get your friends signed up to WhyProhibition.ca! We've almost doubled our membership in 2010, and with it, almost doubled our power in Canadian politics! With your help, we will be able to push harder than every before and make sure S-10 doesn't pass!
With your help, we can defeat S-10 just as we did C-15 and C-26 before it! Get active, start calling and make S-10 history!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineVibes
Good Vibes
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: S-10 has passed Canadian Senate - despite government research decrying mandatory minimums [Re: shroomer17]
    #13632796 - 12/14/10 04:58 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I really thought Canada was making some progress...guess not.:sad:

--------------------
:mushroom2:Good Vibes:mushroom2:

OfflineLadyLittleZeppelin
Stoner
Female User Gallery

Re: S-10 has passed Canadian Senate - despite government research decrying mandatory minimums [Re: Vibes]
    #13632858 - 12/14/10 05:11 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

The law enforcement is going to make $ and that's all that matters to them!

--------------------
SHROOMS MAKE YOU GAY
~
Crystal G said:
  its cuzzzzzz i giiiiiive a meeeeean blooooowjjjobbbb.

OfflineThe Vapor
Lost In A Tea Daze

Loc: Misty Mountains, B.C. Flag
Re: S-10 has passed Canadian Senate - despite government research decrying mandatory minimums [Re: Vibes]
    #13632883 - 12/14/10 05:15 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Vibes said:
I really thought Canada was making some progress...guess not.:sad:

--------------------

Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: S-10 has passed Canadian Senate - despite government research decrying mandatory minimums [Re: The Vapor]
    #13633663 - 12/14/10 07:40 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

This is despicable.  I also thought we were getting somewhere - looks like someone's gonna have to murder that piece of shit Stephen Harper.  He needs to get the fuck out of office.

Invisiblesh4d0ws
LSx

Re: S-10 has passed Canadian Senate - despite government research decrying mandatory minimums [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #13634103 - 12/14/10 08:54 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Jesus christ, this is fucked :facepalm:

This country is getting pretty fucked up thanks to the Stephen Harper government.

18months for making edibles? WTF?!?!? :argh:

--------------------

Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: S-10 has passed Canadian Senate - despite government research decrying mandatory minimums [Re: sh4d0ws]
    #13634278 - 12/14/10 09:33 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

sh4d0ws said:
Jesus christ, this is fucked :facepalm:

This country is getting pretty fucked up thanks to the Stephen Harper government.

18months for making edibles? WTF?!?!? :argh:

Yeah that is absolutely insane - how is the penalty for making a tasty snack that is a healthier alternative to smoking a bigger penalty than dealing?  Unbelievable.  I actually want to go to Parliament and chop his head off.  He's such a conservative piece of shit, and he's fucking over my beautiful country.

Offlinekman980
StaySafe
Male

Re: S-10 has passed Canadian Senate - despite government research decrying mandatory minimums [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #13634481 - 12/14/10 10:09 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Ever heard of drivebys? People in the hood do more for less. I wish caucasions exhibited more violent behavior.
It's called a drug "war"

--------------------
When all else fails to organize people, conditions will.

Edited by kman980 (12/14/10 10:09 PM)

OfflineHeffy
BrauMeister
 User Gallery

Loc: International Traveller
    #13636082 - 12/15/10 09:37 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

We need to take Harper to the Yukon, put him on an ice flow, and chip him off into the ocean, just like on South Park.

Can't believe how much worse Canada is getting.:facepalm:

--------------------
I am the king of Rome, and above grammar! - Emperor Sigismund

OfflinePlok
Life is fractal
Male

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: S-10 has passed Canadian Senate - despite government research decrying mandatory minimums [Re: Heffy]
    #13636630 - 12/15/10 12:04 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Heffy said:
We need to take Harper to the Yukon, put him on an ice flow, and chip him off into the ocean, just like on South Park.

Can't believe how much worse Canada is getting.:facepalm:

Why is that?  Christians now in charge?

--------------------
Just say NO to the War on Drugs.

OfflineOddEye

Re: S-10 has passed Canadian Senate - despite government research decrying mandatory minimums [Re: Plok]
    #13638595 - 12/15/10 07:02 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Don't anyone of you fucking vote Conservative on the next election.

--------------------
I'm at the highest peak, still glad the meak is understandin' me
Artillery, thoughts of killin' me is just a fantasy
The man in me is ready for war, like Holyfield-Tyson IV

Edited by OddEye (12/15/10 08:02 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom