Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinealways_epic
Stranger
sassafras -> molly
    #13608734 - 12/09/10 05:59 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Is there anyone that can explain to me the process of taking a sassafras tree and turning it into Molly? Or if this is actually possible..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAlmostAsCoolAs
 User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
Re: sassafras -> molly [Re: always_epic]
    #13608751 - 12/09/10 06:02 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Just the way you asked I don't think you have the necessary equipment or knowledge to synth MDMA.:shrug:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Board/92

--------------------

InvisibleLobsterSauceDiscord
 User Gallery

Re: sassafras -> molly [Re: AlmostAsCoolAs]
    #13608776 - 12/09/10 06:07 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

:lol: fisher price chemistry set.

--------------------

Offlinealways_epic
Stranger
Re: sassafras -> molly [Re: AlmostAsCoolAs]
    #13608784 - 12/09/10 06:10 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Well I don't have the equipment.. but knowledge is what I'm here for. I assume it would be along the lines of takings roots or bark. Some kind of alcohol solution breakdown. Then the separation of plant material and a curing process for crystalization. But I'm no chemist.

User Gallery

#13608809 - 12/09/10 06:15 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

MDA comes from sass I believe,not mdma. A whole other ball game to get mdma from mda I'd imagine. Need safrole etc.

--------------------

Offlinesaxx
Stranger

#13609002 - 12/09/10 06:56 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

always_epic said:
Well I don't have the equipment.. but knowledge is what I'm here for. I assume it would be along the lines of takings roots or bark. Some kind of alcohol solution breakdown. Then the separation of plant material and a curing process for crystalization. But I'm no chemist.

Uh no. Not how it works.

You could get a crude MDA extraction if you didit that way.

But there are several chemical reactions and reagents involved. It's a little more difficult than what people call an"extraction" which is what you described. Check the chemistry board.

--------------------
sucking dick for drink tickets
at the free bar at my cousin's bat mitzvah

zappateer said:
I'm not wasting time at school. I'm gaining hella knowledge and life experience, not trying to use my degree for financial gain.

Edited by saxx (12/09/10 06:56 PM)

Invisibledrr
Female
Re: sassafras -> molly [Re: saxx]
    #13609126 - 12/09/10 07:18 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

saxx said:
Quote:

always_epic said:

Uh no. Not how it works.

You could get a crude MDA extraction if you didit that way.

But there are several chemical reactions and reagents involved. It's a little more difficult than what people call an"extraction" which is what you described. Check the chemistry board.

Hehe  Yeah chemistry is so much more complex than that.

OP, if you can manage to get the MDA out of the sassafras (and I'm just restating someone else's comment here, I don't know that MDA exists in sassafras), here is where you go from there. Just follow these simple instructions:

Quote:

SYNTHESIS: (from MDA) A solution of 6.55 g of 3,4-methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA) as the free base and 2.8 mL formic acid in 150 mL benzene was held at reflux under a Dean Stark trap until no further H2O was generated (about 20 h was sufficient, and 1.4 mL H2O was collected). Removal of the solvent gave an 8.8 g of an amber oil which was dissolved in 100 mL CH2Cl2, washed first with dilute HCl, then with dilute NaOH, and finally once again with dilute acid. The solvent was removed under vacuum giving 7.7 g of an amber oil that, on standing, formed crystals of N-formyl-3,4-methylenedioxyamphetamine. An alternate process for the synthesis of this amide involved holding at reflux for 16 h a solution of 10 g of MDA as the free base in 20 mL fresh ethyl formate. Removal of the volatiles yielded an oil that set up to white crystals, weighing 7.8 g.

A solution of 7.7 g N-formyl-3,4-methylenedioxyamphetamine in 25 mL anhydrous THF was added dropwise to a well stirred and refluxing solution of 7.4 g LAH in 600 mL anhydrous THF under an inert atmosphere. The reaction mixture was held at reflux for 4 days. After being brought to room temperature, the excess hydride was destroyed with 7.4 mL H2O in an equal volume of THF, followed by 7.4 mL of 15% NaOH and then another 22 mL H2O. The solids were removed by filtration, and the filter cake washed with additional THF. The combined filtrate and washes were stripped of solvent under vacuum, and the residue dissolved in 200 mL CH2Cl2. This solution was extracted with 3x100 mL dilute HCl, and these extracts pooled and made basic with 25% NaOH. Extraction with 3x75 mL CH2Cl2 removed the product, and the pooled extracts were stripped of solvent under vacuum. There was obtained 6.5 g of a nearly white residue which was distilled at 100-110 ° C at 0.4 mm/Hg to give 5.0 g of a colorless oil. This was dissolved in 25 mL IPA, neutralized with concentrated HCl, followed by the addition of sufficient anhydrous Et2O to produce a lasting turbidity. On continued stirring, there was the deposition of fine white crystals of 3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylamphetamine hydrochloride (MDMA) which were removed by filtration, washed with Et2O, and air dried, giving a final weight of 4.8 g.

(from 3,4-methylenedioxyphenylacetone) This key intermediate to all of the MD-series can be made from either isosafrole, or from piperonal via 1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)-2-nitropropene. To a well stirred solution of 34 g of 30% hydrogen peroxide in 150 g 80% formic acid there was added, dropwise, a solution of 32.4 g isosafrole in 120 mL acetone at a rate that kept the reaction mixture from exceeding 40 ° C. This required a bit over 1 h, and external cooling was used as necessary. Stirring was continued for 16 h, and care was taken that the slow exothermic reaction did not cause excess heating. An external bath with running water worked well. During this time the solution progressed from an orange color to a deep red. All volatile components were removed under vacuum which yielded some 60 g of a very deep red residue. This was dissolved in 60 mL of MeOH, treated with 360 mL of 15% H2SO4, and heated for 3 h on the steam bath. After cooling, the reaction mixture was extracted with 3x75 mL Et2O, the pooled extracts washed first with H2O and then with dilute NaOH, and the solvent removed under vacuum The residue was distilled (at 2.0 mm/108-112 ° C, or at about 160 ° C at the water pump) to provide 20.6 g of 3,4-methylenedioxyphenylacetone as a pale yellow oil. The oxime (from hydroxylamine) had a mp of 85-88 ° C. The semicarbazone had a mp of 162-163 ° C.

An alternate synthesis of 3,4-methylenedioxyphenylacetone starts originally from piperonal. A suspension of 32 g electrolytic iron in 140 mL glacial acetic acid was gradually warmed on the steam bath. When quite hot but not yet with any white salts apparent, there was added, a bit at a time, a solution of 10.0 g of 1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)-2-nitropropene in 75 mL acetic acid (see the synthesis of MDA for the preparation of this nitrostyrene intermediate from piperonal and nitroethane). This addition was conducted at a rate that permitted a vigorous reaction free from excessive frothing. The orange color of the reaction mixture became very reddish with the formation of white salts and a dark crust. After the addition was complete, the heating was continued for an additional 1.5 h during which time the body of the reaction mixture became quite white with the product appeared as a black oil climbing the sides of the beaker. This mixture was added to 2 L H2O, extracted with 3x100 mL CH2Cl2, and the pooled extracts washed with several portions of dilute NaOH. After the removal of the solvent under vacuum, the residue was distilled at reduced pressure (see above) to provide 8.0 g of 3,4-methylenedioxyphenylacetone as a pale yellow oil.

To 40 g of thin aluminum foil cut in 1 inch squares (in a 2 L wide mouth Erlenmeyer flask) there was added 1400 mL H2O containing 1 g mercuric chloride. Amalgamation was allowed to proceed until there was the evolution of fine bubbles, the formation of a light grey precipitate, and the appearance of occasional silvery spots on the surface of the aluminum. This takes between 15 and 30 min depending on the freshness of the surfaces, the temperature of the H2O, and the thickness of the aluminum foil. (Aluminum foil thickness varies from country to country.) The H2O was removed by decantation, and the aluminum was washed with 2x1400 mL of fresh H2O. The residual H2O from the final washing was removed as thoroughly as possible by shaking, and there was added, in succession and with swirling, 60 g methylamine hydrochloride dissolved in 60 mL warm H2O, 180 mL IPA, 145 mL 25% NaOH, 53 g 3,4-methylenedioxyphenylacetone, and finally 350 mL IPA. If the available form of methylamine is the aqueous solution of the free base, the following sequence can be substituted: add, in succession, 76 mL 40% aqueous methylamine, 180 mL IPA, a suspension of 50 g NaCl in 140 mL H2O that contains 25 mL 25% NaOH, 53 g 3,4-methylenedioxyphenylacetone, and finally 350 mL IPA. The exothermic reaction was kept below 60 ° C with occasional immersion into cold water and, when it was thermally stable, it was allowed to stand until it had returned to room temperature with all the insolubles settled to the bottom as a grey sludge. The clear yellow overhead was decanted and the sludge removed by filtration and washed with MeOH. The combined decantation, mother liquors and washes, were stripped of solvent under vacuum, the residue suspended in 2400 ml of H2O, and sufficient HCl added to make the phase distinctly acidic. This was then washed with 3x75 mL CH2Cl2, made basic with 25% NaOH, and extracted with 3x100 mL of CH2Cl2. After removal of the solvent from the combined extracts, there remained 55 g of an amber oil which was distilled at 100-110 ° C at 0.4 mm/Hg producing 41 g of an off-white liquid. This was dissolved in 200 mL IPA, neutralized with about 17 mL of concentrated HCl, and then treated with 400 mL anhydrous Et2O. After filtering off the white crystals, washing with an IPA/Et2O mixture, (2:1), with Et2O, and final air drying, there was obtained 42.0 g of 3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylamphetamine (MDMA) as a fine white crystal. The actual form that the final salt takes depends upon the temperature and concentration at the moment of the initial crystallization. It can be anhydrous, or it can be any of several hydrated forms. Only the anhydrous form has a sharp mp; the published reports describe all possible one degree melting point values over the range from 148-153 ° C. The variously hydrated polymorphs have distinct infrared spectra, but have broad mps that depend on the rate of heating.

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/pihkal/pihkal109.shtml

User Gallery

Re: sassafras -> molly [Re: drr]
    #13609138 - 12/09/10 07:21 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Haha,enjoy that fella.

--------------------

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
    #13609214 - 12/09/10 07:38 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

always_epic said:
Is there anyone that can explain to me the process of taking a sassafras tree and turning it into Molly? Or if this is actually possible..

Basically you're gonna get a shit ton of bark into a steam distilling rig, and collect the crude oil. From this you could distill out the Safrole. The process from there is the real chemistry, and there's different paths to the same destination.

Here's a nice picture book for you. This goes through MDP2P and ends up with an MDMA oil, from which the Hcl salt can be crystallized.

Offlinealways_epic
Stranger
Re: sassafras -> molly [Re: Robo]
    #13609348 - 12/09/10 08:07 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you all... I was just very intrigued by the fact Molly can be made out of something in my back yard. Wish I had the resources to do so.

Invisiblegremlin moon
quixotic
    #13609831 - 12/09/10 09:48 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

This documentary about safrole extraction is worth watching, and very depressing when you realize the environmental impact: http://current.com/shows/vanguard/91315580_forest-of-ecstasy.htm

--------------------
"If the fool would persist in his folly he would become wise"
                                                      William Blake

"I am the shaman/ just a misunderstood fool/ freaky dimensions/ I am for mental extensions"
                                                      Shpongle

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
Re: sassafras -> molly [Re: gremlin moon]
    #13610199 - 12/09/10 10:51 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Interesting thanks for that.

Offlinemattritt
Mind Chemist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13612114 - 12/10/10 11:32 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Well first you take one part sassafras tree, then add two parts chemistry, shake, and you've got MDMA tartrate.  Eat it with a spoon.

--------------------
**Metaphysical Crystal, Stones, Gems, and Minerals**
Every individual reacts differently to every chemical.
Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.
:bongload:  :gethigh:  "You need more THC to your brain, faster." - Drr  :gethigh:  :bongload:

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

#13612367 - 12/10/10 12:30 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Sweet picture book! That's a lot of work for 3 grams of molly!

Offlinewookie
life enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: the north state (Californ...
Re: sassafras -> molly [Re: mattritt]
    #13612570 - 12/10/10 01:06 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mattritt said:
Well first you take one part sassafras tree, then add two parts chemistry, shake, and you've got MDMA tartrate.  Eat it with a spoon.

ad two parts chemistry! :laugh2: !!

--------------------
-=* dUMb \/\/00kIe *=-

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

Re: sassafras -> molly [Re: wookie]
    #13613458 - 12/10/10 03:50 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safrole

Quote:

The root bark of American sassafras contains a few percent of steam volatile oil which is typically 75% safrole.[8] Attempts to access safrole from this source are generally not successful because the yield is low and the effort required to get useful amounts of material is great.

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
Re: sassafras -> molly [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #13613651 - 12/10/10 04:37 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Isn't Camphor a better source of Saffrole???  I heard it was.

Offlinemattritt
Mind Chemist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: sassafras -> molly [Re: cpw1971]
    #13616907 - 12/11/10 11:15 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

^^Yes

--------------------
**Metaphysical Crystal, Stones, Gems, and Minerals**
Every individual reacts differently to every chemical.
Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.
:bongload:  :gethigh:  "You need more THC to your brain, faster." - Drr  :gethigh:  :bongload:

Offlinefreeminded16
Free Minded
Female
Re: sassafras -> molly [Re: mattritt]
    #13617105 - 12/11/10 12:13 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

rolling on sas was probably the best roll i have ever had, the lights around me looked better, peoples negativity had no affect on me, and it gave me a new look at the overall world(i dont get that feeling on x pills or molly) so if there was a way i could make it id for sure start prodducing the best drug out there

--------------------
Tis the season to be molly fa la la la la la la la :grin:

"Out of all the things I've lost.. I miss my mind the most."

OfflineContinDude
Stranger

Re: sassafras -> molly [Re: freeminded16]
    #13618676 - 12/11/10 06:46 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Where does the Sassafras tree or whatever its called grow usually?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale