Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinelaserpig
Weedmaster_P

Anyone here use sigils?
    #13478528 - 11/13/10 01:38 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Literally less than an hour ago I started taking this idea seriously, so if there's something I don't know about it, fill me in.

Basically, it looks like this is a technique for converting a specific desire into a meaningful symbol which will lodge in the unconscious and thus influence unconscious happenings (because the unconscious works better with symbols than with words).

The technique I read recommends writing out a phrase, stripping it down to a few key consonants, and then morphing those consonants into a solid magical-looking symbol. It recommends that you meditate on this symbol for a short while, then get rid of the physical copy and forget about it (leaving it in the unconscious, not in consciousness).

Does anyone practice this?
Does my summary leave anything out?
Are there alternative ways to do it?

--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekbtokin
theosophist
Male User Gallery

Loc: south east Flag
Re: Anyone here use sigils? [Re: laserpig]
    #13478573 - 11/13/10 01:51 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I've read a bit about this aswell... I imagine it's just a "technique" like many others, but I'm sure if it works for you then it's a viable technique. . .

Also from what I understand you must destroy (burn, etc) it afterwards.

"Sex Magick" and other forms work in the same way, from what I can see... Deliver a message to your subconscious to be made known to the cosmos, and then forget about it, or distract your "logical self" (for lack of a better term). While the idea, or desire is manifesting in your subconscious something is done like say, destroying the sigil, or in sex magick the orgasm, which sends out a huge amount of energy thrusting your desires or thoughts into the cosmos...

That probibly makes no sense.

this subject has been of much fascination with me :crazy2:

--------------------

Can not be responsable for my goat, he hijacks my account and posts nonsense.

KBtokin's trade list

Edited by kbtokin (11/13/10 01:53 PM)

Offlinelaserpig
Weedmaster_P

#13478636 - 11/13/10 02:07 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Sex Magick would be a bitchin' name for a 70s acid rock band.

The material I was reading did mention an "orgasm technique" but my response to that was "uh, wtf?"

I've never attempted a sigil before, so I thought I'd come here and see what's what.
Basically I wanna know, if I do it as described in OP, amidoinitrite?

--------------------

Offlinemoi
Stranger

Re: Anyone here use sigils? [Re: kbtokin]
    #13478651 - 11/13/10 02:10 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

for what do you want to use it?

Offlinelaserpig
Weedmaster_P

Re: Anyone here use sigils? [Re: moi]
    #13478661 - 11/13/10 02:12 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Right now I'm looking for any trick I can lay my hand on that will help deepen the recognition of selflessness in day-to-day life.
The phrase I've got ready to go is "consciousness will be free from the traps of thought."

--------------------

Offlinemoi
Stranger

#13478688 - 11/13/10 02:19 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

doing self-inquiry? ever read maharshi?

Offlinelaserpig
Weedmaster_P

#13478700 - 11/13/10 02:22 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I haven't read Maharshi specifically, but obviously I'm not just relying on squiggly lines to get my head straight.
This is merely one technique I might attempt.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #13479136 - 11/13/10 04:04 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

laserpig said:
Literally less than an hour ago I started taking this idea seriously, so if there's something I don't know about it, fill me in.

Basically, it looks like this is a technique for converting a specific desire into a meaningful symbol which will lodge in the unconscious and thus influence unconscious happenings (because the unconscious works better with symbols than with words).

The technique I read recommends writing out a phrase, stripping it down to a few key consonants, and then morphing those consonants into a solid magical-looking symbol. It recommends that you meditate on this symbol for a short while, then get rid of the physical copy and forget about it (leaving it in the unconscious, not in consciousness).

I no longer do this, haven't since I was 19, but of late, the magickal archetype bug has begun to nibble at my Yesodic sphere again. Behold Dr. John Dee's Monas Hieroglyphica:

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinelaserpig
Weedmaster_P

Re: Anyone here use sigils? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #13479155 - 11/13/10 04:09 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Looks purdy?

I know your mind is like a library, Markos, lay some information on me. Purdy please?

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#13479254 - 11/13/10 04:33 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineBoozerguyzer
Dweller
 User Gallery

#13479637 - 11/13/10 06:25 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Ever heard of the comic book author Grant Morrison? He's big on sigil magick and recommends encoding the sigil into your mind in highly emotionally charged states.  The more intensely you are experiencing emotions the more permanent and the deeper the sigil is placed in your subconscious.

My favorite example of a well known sigil is the image of the twin towers after being struck on 9/11; it doesn't take a belief in magick to see how strong of a symbol that is and how controlling it can be.  It represents a fear implanted in us that our world is dangerous and there are people who are out to get us; this fear is so strong that we actually want to be controlled!  It's no wonder people are ok with having their rights blatantly disregarded, whenever they think of a world without the government protecting them their memory has that to cling to!

--------------------
"There was a time when I could not find, the spirit of God BEYOND the mind.  In retrospect the intellect is blind, it makes me think that I'm, the reason for all that's mine, even this rhyme I'm inclined to believe is from me, instead of being received. This is how we're deceived.  How am I more than dust? when it's your love that animates us?  Forever I will trust. Your love is better than lust. You. Live. Forever In Us." KRS ONE

Offlinelaserpig
Weedmaster_P

Re: Anyone here use sigils? [Re: Boozerguyzer]
    #13479662 - 11/13/10 06:31 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Is he the drunken Scotsman (no disrespek)? I saw a talk of his on google video. That's what piqued my interest.
He was pretty vague about what one actually does to create the sigil symbol.

It obviously starts with the basic symbols we're all used to, written English words, and then I suppose the goal is to morph those symbols into something which is "unconsciously memorable," while still retaining the meaning associated with the original symbol set.
I think that idea is roughly correct, but that's all I know. No specifics. Whaddaya think, just jump in and try something? Or is there a more sophisticated way to do this? Are there symbols the unconscious responds more naturally to?

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone here use sigils? [Re: Boozerguyzer]
    #13479672 - 11/13/10 06:34 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I haven't heard of Grant Morrison, but I also have a different working understanding of the word sigil. Like the veves of Haitian Voudun, the European tradition had line diagrams that are said to embody certain spiritual forces/entities.planetary essences. These are used sympathetically between the written form and the corresponding astral signatures, to attract said powers from the astral planes. Twin towers may have become symbolic to many of war declared on a major US city, but the twin towers do not constitute a sigil, magickally speaking.

--------------------

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
    #13481484 - 11/14/10 06:09 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

On occasion.  Rarely at the moment, though this would surely be a good time for me to utilize this arte.  IME, sigils either do not work to any perceivable degree, or work extremely well but never in the way initially imagined.  Playing with the wheel of chaos is fun!

Quote:

Your summary was pretty good.  Words always leave something out.

Quote:

Yes, i use a somewhat different way which goes as follows:
1. Construct sigil from a phrase without repeating letters as you described.  Can be simple or elaborate.  Draw/engrave on a small piece of material.
2. Meditate upon from time to time to impact upon the mind, concentrating only on the image and not the semantic desire.
3. Charge via magickal gnosis elicited through means such as orgasm, chemognostica(5-meo-dmt and salvia work well IME), death posture, etc by intense concentration on nothing but the sigil within the mind at the critical moment.
4. Part with the sigil using the appropriate element and forget.  If the fire element shall serve best for the intention, burn.  Water, cast upon a stream.  Air, toss from a cliff or release while driving.  Bury for the favors of earth.

--------------------

Edited by lavod (11/14/10 06:16 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order