Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebateyes88
Professional Amateur
Male User Gallery

Loc: Anytown, USA 12345 Flag
How do I kill Cobweb in PF jars?
    #13434819 - 11/04/10 04:11 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I know h2o2 is the common treatment for cobweb contam but how do I treat when the problem is in PF jars?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinephayze
KNOWLEDGE SEEKER
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LEIGH LANCS UK Flag
Re: How do I kill Cobweb in PF jars? [Re: bateyes88]
    #13434874 - 11/04/10 04:23 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

are you sure it is cobweb and not mycelium sometimes when it first starts to grow myc has a greyish look until it gets a good foothold on the substrate pics for the experts to look at believe me the people on here are really helpfull and they know their stuff,not me im just a noob.how long since inoculation,maybe if you leave them for a few more days to see how they are growing :goodluck:

--------------------
IF WE DIDNT KNOW WHERE WE HAD BEEN WE WOULDN'T KNOW WHERE WE ARE GOING

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: How do I kill Cobweb in PF jars? *DELETED* [Re: phayze]
    #13434889 - 11/04/10 04:27 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by Patlal

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------

Offlinebateyes88
Professional Amateur
Male User Gallery

Re: How do I kill Cobweb in PF jars? [Re: Patlal]
    #13434982 - 11/04/10 04:46 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Its been well over a week since nocc. A few jars have nice, bright white mycc at inject sites and are surrounded by thinner whispier, not as bright "material". Looks like mycc but thinner, not as dense. Some other jars have no healthy mycc, just the thin stuff and not at inject sites. Seems to grow faster than normal too. I peeked in on one and the thin stuff was even on the dry contam layer. I have them double foilled for now and separate from the healthy ones. I would like to save them if possible as the substrate was an expensive "supercake" formula I bought online. I wonder if I removed the substrate from the jars, and corrected the moisture levels, if I could re-jar and re-sterilize. Prob should stop being cheap and throw the stuff out but I wanted to get advice on here first. I'd send pics if I knew how... Thanks, everyone.

Offlinebateyes88
Professional Amateur
Male User Gallery

Re: How do I kill Cobweb in PF jars? *DELETED* [Re: bateyes88]
    #13435039 - 11/04/10 04:59 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by bateyes88

Reason for deletion: dup post

Offlinebateyes88
Professional Amateur
Male User Gallery

#13435071 - 11/04/10 05:07 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Here is a pic of my jar (I hope)! The healthy myc is on each side and the questionable material is in the middle. I wish there was some uncontaminated substrate to compare it to. Sorry. I'm a newb...

Invisiblekillers
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #13435089 - 11/04/10 05:12 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

To me, it looks like we see 1 innoc point dead center (the piece in question), and an innoc point (myc growth) to the left and right starting to reach the middle. If the MYC didn't take well, there were a small amount of spores, or a few other factors, then it won't move as quickly. From what I can tell, it looks like MYC that's just late to the party as sometimes it looks wispy and grey in the beginning. A senior member maybe can clarify more or flat out tell me I'm done, lol.

--------------------
Anything said by me is solely for amusement. I neither partake in nor condone any kind of illegal activity.

Looking for edible prints and cultures!!! PM me!

Offlinebateyes88
Professional Amateur
Male User Gallery

Re: How do I kill Cobweb in PF jars? [Re: killers]
    #13435152 - 11/04/10 05:29 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I hope u r right! My concern is this. I'm no pro-but- I've had many successful jars and have never seen myc like this... I've been really lucky as far as contams go (knock knock) only had 1 syringe that produced green mold in every jar it touched. But this one is a head scratcher for me. It looks very much white- not grey. But it looks very diff from any healthy myc I've seen so far. Its VERY thin and quite hard to see- and its growing MUCH faster than the healthy myc in the same jars.

Invisiblekillers
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #13435203 - 11/04/10 05:43 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hmm, didn't realize the rate of growth. That sends up a red flag in my mind, but same as you, I'm no pro. Hopefully someone more experienced can come along and shed some light on the subject.

--------------------
Anything said by me is solely for amusement. I neither partake in nor condone any kind of illegal activity.

Looking for edible prints and cultures!!! PM me!

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: How do I kill Cobweb in PF jars? [Re: killers]
    #13450109 - 11/07/10 06:39 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

You can't kill it inside a jar, and there's very little chance it's 'cobweb' mold anyway.  It's more than likely one of the other thousands of molds whose spores are floating around everywhere.

The answer is sterile procedure during inoculation, and of course taking the foil off, which you failed to do.  Leaving the foil on causes the verm filter to get damp, leading to contaminants.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinebateyes88
Professional Amateur
Male User Gallery

Re: How do I kill Cobweb in PF jars? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #13450349 - 11/07/10 07:21 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks RR. Always nice to get a pros advice. I put the foil on after I saw contams to try to prevent spreading. I agree, though. After looking around here it doesn't seem likely it is cobweb. It is the one that looks most like it though. This is pretty much my first contam issue -except for a bad spore syringe- so I guess the law of averages kicked me in the butt! It's just soooo hard to throw em out. Wish it was warmer outside... I've got a compost pile that would love to eat em!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder