Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineYoschie99
nomad
Male

Loc: center of earth
the world is full of stupid people
    #1342090 - 02/28/03 04:38 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

This happened in Massachusetts.

Moroney: Dope gets suspects in big trouble at cop party

By Tom Moroney
Tuesday, February 25, 2003

And you thought "Dumb & Dumber" was just a movie. From now on, it also stands for a clueless pair of young men arrested early Saturday on drug charges.

Ladies and gentlemen, say hi to Leonard Garland of Framingham and David DeCristofaro of Marlborough, both 20.

Their powers of inductive reasoning -- or lack thereof -- stagger the imagination.

There they were, on a Friday night, driving in Ashland, when they spotted a group of cars parked at a house. Cars generally mean people, and people, late at night, generally mean party. So Garland went in, not knowing a soul, while his friend waited in the car.

Once inside, Garland helped himself to a drink in the kitchen, walked over to a man there and introduced himself with his first name, Leonard.

The man, in turn, told Garland that his first name was Matt.

He did not say his last name. But that would be Gutwill, as in Matt Gutwill, an Ashland narcotics detective with 400 to 500 undercover buys under his belt.

But, wait, it gets better.

The house belongs to another police officer, a friend of Gutwill who is a Framingham police officer. Most others in attendance -- 20 or so -- were also sworn officers of the law.

Our party-crasher might have been able to guess that he was among law enforcement had he taken time to study the picture of the Framingham SWAT team on the fridge. Or look at the sweatshirt worn by the host. It had the words Burlington Police Academy and a pair of handcuffs stitched on.

Oblivious to these and other clues, Garland struck up a conversation with Gutwill, never knowing he was a police detective.

One thing led to another, until Garland asked the detective if he wanted to get high.

"I was incredibly taken aback," Gutwill said.

Gutwill later said he really wasn't looking to make a bust. Yet
his curiosity forced him to pose another question: Did Garland have anything to get high with?

And Garland replied, "Ya, but let me get my buddy. We'll all get
high."

Terrific.

Garland returned with his pal, DeCristofaro, who, according to
Gutwill, pulled out a bag of psychedelic mushrooms.

Gutwill turned down the mushrooms, saying they upset his stomach.

What about cocaine then? Garland had a gram he could sell.

"A gram?" Gutwill remembered saying. "That's not enough when I get going. I'm going to need more."

No problem, said our rocket scientists. They could make some phone calls. And they did.

But now there was a problem. The person they called did not like to make drug deliveries to Ashland. There was a cop in town, a real jerk who liked to arrest people. His name: Gutwill.

At that point, the host of the party -- remember he's a cop too -- told the pair, "Ya, I know that cop. He's a (bleeping) (bleep)."

And Gutwill himself chimed in, "Gutwill arrested me twice."

By now, Gutwill had changed his mind about a bust. He would do it. Not because his name was being tossed around -- "that put a smile on my face"-- but because the pair had shown him the mushrooms.

"At that point, I had no choice," he said.

So, in full view of the two, the party's host called the Ashland
Police and asked for a marked cruiser.

Then came the moment we've all been waiting for: Gutwill reached in his pocket, a la Joe Friday, pulled out his ID and badge and said, "I'm Gutwill."

"The look on their faces was like they saw death knocking on their door," he said later.

When the flashing lights of the cruiser appeared, one tried to run, police said, but both were easily detained.

Two years ago, Ashland Police Chief Roy Melnick said he decided to put two detectives on narcotics full time, one of them Gutwill, and it's paid off. "We've been hearing how they don't want to do the deals in Ashland," he said.

Now there's proof.

As for our party-crashers, both were arraigned on various drug charges yesterday and released on $500 bail each.

And Gutwill? He is still shaking his head. "I've met a lot of dumb drug dealers, but none this dumb."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFlusH
Random person on Internet

Loc: Bizzaro World
Re: the world is full of stupid people [Re: Yoschie99]
    #1342368 - 02/28/03 07:01 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

This is funny as hell.  These kids had what was comming to them

:crazy: 

--------------------

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #1343004 - 02/28/03 12:00 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

funny stuff... but this shit right here: "By now, Gutwill had changed his mind about a bust. He would do it. Not because his name was being tossed around -- "that put a smile on my face"-- but because the pair had shown him the mushrooms" worries me... they offer him a gram of coke and he gets upset by the mushrooms? man... he's even dumber than the 2 who got busted...

--------------------

Offlinewyldtouch69
You heard ofhell well i wassent from it

#1343172 - 02/28/03 01:52 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

how many times is this thing going to be posted?

--------------------

OfflineYoschie99
nomad
Male

Loc: center of earth
Re: the world is full of stupid people [Re: wyldtouch69]
    #1343247 - 02/28/03 02:27 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

well.... inever really come here anymore... but i saw this elsewhere just today... and thought people here may find it amusing...

if it's been posted already... just ignore it.. and don't ask questions that have no answer... it makes you look stupid.

yos-

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#1343261 - 02/28/03 02:33 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Good to see you have decided to hang here longer Yosh.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

OfflineoDin
    #1343280 - 02/28/03 02:40 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

hehe fun knee story yosch

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale