Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDinoMyc
Ipsa scientiapotestas est
Re: question about the Ramsey Vermeculite Seal...
    #13408 - 04/20/00 10:50 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Tight to the walls, it looks like a little "pond" of foil.. make it an even depth but make sure you have it touching the walls, that makes a difference. then you fill it up and pack it tight with verm.

--------------------
If I made affront, I apologize.
If I made affirmation, I apologize.
I merely came to listen, came to say.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleneverwhere
Fenway Faithful

Loc: Boston
Re: question about the Ramsey Vermeculite Seal... [Re: DinoMyc]
    #13410 - 04/20/00 10:50 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

I am also doing the simple cubensis method.
for my seal, i cut the tin foil into little squares and pushed it into my jar so it just met the subtrate....dont push it into thew cake, because you dont want to compact it.
i put the tinfoil on tight, so the foil would look kinda like this from the side

|__

--------------------
"The United States is nation of laws; badly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

"If the police ever come knocking, I'm hiding my lava lamp before I hide my piece"-elsd

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
    #13411 - 04/20/00 10:55 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

ok, so your saying, I have to push it up agains the side of the jar, so there is no air space between the jar and tinfoil? also, this alows you to leave off the tape, after you have put the spores in, and also, when you stick the needle down, I guess you will be going through the tin-foil ?

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

OfflineoOjonahOo
addict
    #13412 - 04/21/00 01:31 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

I used the ramsey seal. It was a pain cutting all the tin foil, Im thinking of using the FMF tape seal next time. Anyway, I did the pool method, and it worked okay. Make sure your substrate is high enough and make sure that the needle goes all the way through so your not innoculating dry verm.

--------------------
Ultimate Mycodirectory v4.0

Invisibleneverwhere
Fenway Faithful

Loc: Boston
    #13413 - 04/21/00 01:35 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

yes phrozen......go through the tinfoil...the tinfoil and verm is just a contam barrier...i stuck the needle completely in the jar lid, so it actually pierced the cake, because thats what the tek said....good luck

--------------------
"The United States is nation of laws; badly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

"If the police ever come knocking, I'm hiding my lava lamp before I hide my piece"-elsd

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract