Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinepsychodelic
Stranger

Post deleted by Administrator
    #1338141 - 02/26/03 02:05 PM (21 years, 26 days ago)

Edited by psychodelic (02/26/03 02:15 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

Re: please give me a link to where bongs have been made illegal [Re: psychodelic]
    #1338175 - 02/26/03 02:18 PM (21 years, 26 days ago)

here's one of Many.
www.dirtcheapglass.com

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Offlinedickdeadly
rælity

Loc: in my mind
Re: please give me a link to where bongs have been made illegal [Re: felix]
    #1338182 - 02/26/03 02:19 PM (21 years, 26 days ago)

www.420palace.com

www.420shack.com

but i think he means an article

--------------------

Character is how you act when you think no one is watching

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: please give me a link to where bongs have been made ille [Re: psychodelic]
    #1338318 - 02/26/03 03:26 PM (21 years, 26 days ago)

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

Re: please give me a link to where bongs have been made illegal [Re: psychodelic]
    #1338501 - 02/26/03 04:38 PM (21 years, 26 days ago)

It's only the internet companies, because anyone can purchase pipes from them, hence the "protect the children" shit. The local headshop is still open and hasn't heard anything about having to shut down. They did double up on the "must be 18 to purchase" and "for tobacco use only" signs though, just in case. I wouldn't worry about glass becoming illegal because glass is more like artwork than paraphenalia. Now, bullets, coke spoons, fake bud, and other more obvious things, they might be in trouble. The line between paraphenalia and other things is just too vague for them to really do anything about pipes. Too many old men would be bitchin' if they actually banned all pipes, cuz thats what they'd have to do.

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
    #1339230 - 02/27/03 01:52 AM (21 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

I am aghast to read various posts here about paraphernalia being made illegal.

actually, "paraphenalia" has been illegal in the US for a long time. this crackdown is the culmination of 3 years of work by the dea. imagine that: 3 years of work to shut down a few head shops. i feel so much safer now.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

Offlineskabbo
ModifiedOrganism

Loc: NE US
Re: please give me a link to where bongs have been made illegal [Re: Bilge]
    #1339869 - 02/27/03 07:26 AM (21 years, 25 days ago)

Jerome Baker = defunct. They made some quality shit

--------------------
http://www.GetPlayed.com
Shamelessly getting amateur musicians some play

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: please give me a link to where bongs have been made illegal [Re: Bilge]
    #1339955 - 02/27/03 07:57 AM (21 years, 25 days ago)

I'm really surprised that this is happening now. A lot of countries are talking about decriminalizing, but the US is more into the drug war than ever before it seems.

--------------------

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: please give me a link to where bongs have been made illegal [Re: Revelation]
    #1340425 - 02/27/03 10:18 AM (21 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

I'm really surprised that this is happening now.  A lot of countries are talking about decriminalizing, but the US is more into the drug war than ever before it seems.   

Exactly, really makes you think how far backwards the US is going :frown:

Lets not forget the patriot act, and the meth prolifiration act they keep trying to pass.

Dark times indeed.

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
    #1340611 - 02/27/03 11:18 AM (21 years, 25 days ago)

They have been illegal for a long time under FEDERAL law. It doesn't matter if they are sold as 'tobacco' pipes- if they are more commonly actually used to smoke marijuana, they are illegal. This includes all glass pipes and all pipes made to contain water.

Many local communities do not have anti-headshop laws and do not enforce the federal laws. This is similar to the medical marijuana situation. Medical marijuana is still illegal in the entire country despite some states' differing laws.

Of course this is unconstitutional, but the Bill of Rights is of only historical significance.

The DEA does not have the resources to bust every small local headshop and arrest all its customers, but they *can*, and they did this just to prove it.

It seems like a lot of work they went to just to shut down a few pipe stores when there are so many others- but many others are voluntarily shutting down out of fear- I also noticed Sporechicks is temporarily(?) closed and depending on what happens to PF, we might see a lot of other spore vendors disappearing.
They only need to destroy a few lives, make a few examples and they can intimidate the rest of the vendors into stepping down quietly and taking up a safer occupation.

ter?ror?ism ?? (?P?)??Pronunciation Key??(tr-rzm)
n.
The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

\Ter"ror*ism\, n. [Cf. F. terrorisme.] The act of terrorizing, or state of being terrorized; a mode of government by terror or intimidation. --Jefferson.

n : the systematic use of violence as a means to intimidate or coerce societies or governments

OfflineBlueLemming
Glowing Worm

#1341056 - 02/27/03 03:16 PM (21 years, 25 days ago)

www.happypipes.com + www.moltenglass.com (they gave an explanation and links to news articles as to why the site is no longer distributing glassware)

--------------------
-BlueLemming

Edited by BlueLemming (02/27/03 03:17 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates