Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSevHoeSev

Loc: 707 - Napa
Growing Mushrooms?
    #1333770 - 02/25/03 07:08 AM (21 years, 27 days ago)

ok im a newbie and ive been into mushrooms for a while now and i wanted to start getting into growing them.. and i wanted to know how long the whole process takes from start to finish.. and i was wondering if theres any other places where they sell mushroom spores other then on the internet?? thats the only thing thats holding me back from growing mushrooms.. do any of you vets have any good advice for a newbie trying to get started?? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Growing Mushrooms? [Re: SevHoeSev]
    #1333815 - 02/25/03 07:22 AM (21 years, 27 days ago)

look at the top of the shroomery page, see that link that says "FAQ"? goood, click it.

InvisibleClosetCase
but only inwinter

Loc: Somewhere rubbing my nugs...
    #1333888 - 02/25/03 07:45 AM (21 years, 27 days ago)

I would recommend starting out with cakes, and depending on your level of ambition maybe a couple small casings. Read as much as you can (the more you know, the better you grow), and also go to other sites and read stuff there. If you have a question it most likely has been asked a few times before so use the website's search function. As for places to get spores, I would recommend thelittleguy. And you probably want to start out with a proven strain like the PF, hawaian, equador or puerto rican.

Good Luck!

--------------------
"as your attourney I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine.."

"well.. why not? I mean if anything's worth doing, it's worth doing right. THIS IS THE AMERICAN DREAM IN ACTION"

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
    #1334045 - 02/25/03 08:30 AM (21 years, 27 days ago)

I know of places in Vancouver who sell spores in the store, Vancouver's an exceptional city as far as drugs go but I know of an online store that also has a storefront in Montreal I believe and they sell spores in store, but I don't know where you live... If Vancouver locations could help you PM me.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
    #1334048 - 02/25/03 08:31 AM (21 years, 27 days ago)

I know of places in Vancouver who sell spores in the store, Vancouver's an exceptional city as far as drugs go but I know of an online store that also has a storefront in Montreal I believe and they sell spores in store, but I don't know where you live... If Vancouver locations could help you PM me.

Oh and the whole process? 3 Months from injecting spores and you'll have a solid harvest. For a first grow I'd give myself a month to six weeks before first dose grows.

OfflineSevHoeSev

Re: Growing Mushrooms? [Re: Dogomush]
    #1334213 - 02/25/03 09:11 AM (21 years, 27 days ago)

thanks for the information.. but as far as getting spores, i live in california and ive been to several websites that dont deliver to california.. so im out of luck. but i was also wondering if i can get spores from mushrooms?? thanks.

OfflineSevHoeSev

Re: Growing Mushrooms? [Re: Dogomush]
    #1334215 - 02/25/03 09:11 AM (21 years, 27 days ago)

thanks for the information.. but as far as getting spores, i live in california and ive been to several websites that dont deliver to california.. so im out of luck. but i was also wondering if i can get spores from mushrooms?? thanks.

Offlinemike
iHugTrees

#1334405 - 02/25/03 10:14 AM (21 years, 27 days ago)

if the mushrooms are fresh, ofcourse you could get spores from them.
( if they are in the phase of growth)

maybe go hunting for some cubes?

--------------------
Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.
-Albert Einstein

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #1334467 - 02/25/03 10:38 AM (21 years, 27 days ago)

I would try to talk to some of the nice people on these boards and see if you can't get some spare spores.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblejtseaweed
Stranger

Loc: in the middle of everywhe...
Re: Growing Mushrooms? [Re: mike]
    #1334478 - 02/25/03 10:42 AM (21 years, 27 days ago)

Cubensis does not grow in cali.

--------------------

buisness is kickin yo butt

InvisibleClosetCase
but only inwinter

Loc: Somewhere rubbing my nugs...
    #1334614 - 02/25/03 11:23 AM (21 years, 27 days ago)

Aren't there places in other counrties that send spores to the US (and Cali)? I know they do for weed seeds, which are illegal.

--------------------
"as your attourney I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine.."

"well.. why not? I mean if anything's worth doing, it's worth doing right. THIS IS THE AMERICAN DREAM IN ACTION"

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
    #1334794 - 02/25/03 12:23 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

Spores are illegal in both CA and GA, so you can forget about ordering online. Although, the idea of trading with some nice shroomer may be a good idea.

Check out these websites:

http://www.fanaticus.com
http://www.fungifun.org/pf
http://www.lilshopofspores.com/MMGG.htm
http://www.shroomery.org/scgt/SCGTv0.5.html

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

OfflineSevHoeSev

Re: Growing Mushrooms? [Re: Angry Mycologist]
    #1335055 - 02/25/03 01:43 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Cubensis does not grow in cali.

they dont?? i did not know that.. theres lots of people around my town that sell psilocybe cubensis's..

Invisibleshroomophile
ShroomitusFidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #1337708 - 02/26/03 10:57 AM (21 years, 26 days ago)

PM me your address and i'll send a care package.

--------------------
Once the mighty oak,was a nut who held his ground.

OfflineSevHoeSev

Re: Growing Mushrooms? [Re: shroomophile]
    #1338215 - 02/26/03 02:37 PM (21 years, 26 days ago)

check your PM.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #1338235 - 02/26/03 02:44 PM (21 years, 26 days ago)

hes an idiot, they do grow in cali, there are a few documents here at the shroomery that says so, and i have freinds who hunt in cali.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Invisiblejtseaweed
Stranger

Loc: in the middle of everywhe...
Re: Growing Mushrooms? [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1338401 - 02/26/03 03:58 PM (21 years, 26 days ago)

Im not an idiot. Cubensis is a sub tropical climate mushroom. Correct me if im wrong but cali is not a sub tropical climate.

--------------------

buisness is kickin yo butt

OfflineChills420 version2
Poo Pie Maker

Re: Growing Mushrooms? [Re: jtseaweed]
    #1338424 - 02/26/03 04:10 PM (21 years, 26 days ago)

they grow all over GA SC NC TN there not tropical

EDIT These are places I have seen them grow with my own eyes. I see no reason they wouldn't grow in cali.

--------------------

You may say Im a dreamer,
but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.

Edited by Chills420 version2 (02/26/03 04:12 PM)

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Growing Mushrooms? [Re: Chills420 version2]
    #1338652 - 02/26/03 05:57 PM (21 years, 26 days ago)

There are reasons why they do NOT grow in CA. First off California is not humid enough.... or wet enough... or warm enough at the same time. Summertime is warm but dry. Over towards the east coast, Texas through Flordia and states inbetween are much warmer. This is caused by the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico... air is blown over the warm waters, picking up humidity, due to the fact that warm air can hold much more moisture.

California waters are cold, and thus creating a cooler climate, and less rainfall.

To the person who says they know someone who sells them, they are most likely grown in his closet! :tongue:

You can find other hallucinogenic mushrooms such as Panaeolus subbalteatus, Psilocybe cyanescens, Psilocybe semilanceata and Psilocybe stunzii. These grow much more Northern.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Growing Mushrooms? [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1338655 - 02/26/03 06:00 PM (21 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

hes an idiot, they do grow in cali, there are a few documents here at the shroomery that says so, and i have freinds who hunt in cali.

No he's not. I haven't seen anything any pictures ever of cubensis growing in California. Im sure people have found them, but, it is EXTREMELY rare. The cow was probably imported from the South, or the weather was perfect for a specimen or two to grow.

Just because they hunt in CA, does not mean they are just looking for cubensis.

California is not sub-tropical. It falls under a completely different biome than the southern states.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom