Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCaptainAhab

Do you guys think that the DEA or any other LE watches sales on Amazon for DMT extraction equipment?
    #13334130 - 10/14/10 12:42 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

The title is pretty self-explanatory. How likely is it that the DEA has a red flag or something on people buying naptha, glass turkey basters, and lye? I mean really. Same goes for dry horse manure on ebay. There has got to be someone, somewhere watching that and saying "Wow, if I could only track IP addresses, I'd bust 1000 people a month" etc etc. What do you guys think about this? How safe is it to order that stuff from places like amazon?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineimatree
Stranger
Male

Re: Do you guys think that the DEA or any other LE watches sales on Amazon for DMT extraction equipment? [Re: CaptainAhab]
    #13334156 - 10/14/10 12:50 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I wouldn't be too worried about it. Those are all normal things for people to buy. Plus they're too busy with important stuff like raiding medical dispensaries.

Offlineimacharginit
Stranger

Loc: i don't know
Re: Do you guys think that the DEA or any other LE watches sales on Amazon for DMT extraction equipment? [Re: CaptainAhab]
    #13334164 - 10/14/10 12:52 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

The DEA has way bigger fish to fry than some kid making deemsters or growing some boomers.  They really only go after cases that will yield them a lot of good money or asset seizures.

Local agencies are what love busting things like this because it gives them a headline to make them look busy keeping people safe.  Fortunately, they rarely if ever have the resources to track shit like this.  Most LEOs online are looking to meet people with whom they can do business face to face and then bust.  You're not even on their radar.

--------------------
everything i say is a lie

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
    #13334262 - 10/14/10 01:33 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CaptainAhab said:
Do you guys think that the DEA or any other LE watches sales on Amazon for DMT extraction equipment?

Everything sold on amazon is completely legal why would they waste time with that shit?

--------------------

OfflineCaptainAhab

Re: Do you guys think that the DEA or any other LE watches sales on Amazon for DMT extraction equipment? [Re: muistrue]
    #13334300 - 10/14/10 01:49 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

All I'm saying is that someone, somewhere has got to catch on to this. Call me paranoid but that's all I'm sayin' :voodoo:

--------------------

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

#13334474 - 10/14/10 03:52 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Now that you asked.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: Do you guys think that the DEA or any other LE watches sales on Amazon for DMT extraction equipment? [Re: imacharginit]
    #13334481 - 10/14/10 03:57 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

imacharginit said:
The DEA has way bigger fish to fry than some kid making deemsters or growing some boomers.  They really only go after cases that will yield them a lot of good money or asset seizures.

The DEA has a huge budget, tons of manpower, and fucks around in all sorts of petty crap that gets entangled in their web of interests, regulations, and surveilance mechanisms.

Saying they have bigger fish to fry doesn't mean a thing, and I doubt it too.  They've got plenty of people to fuck around on stupid horseshit.

Quote:

Local agencies are what love busting things like this because it gives them a headline to make them look busy keeping people safe.  Fortunately, they rarely if ever have the resources to track shit like this.  Most LEOs online are looking to meet people with whom they can do business face to face and then bust.  You're not even on their radar.

The bigger problem I have is ebay's privacy practices.  They demand all sorts of stupid data, join your account with payment processing providers, and will send it all to whomever they want whenever they want for whatever reason they want.  They've demonstrated that they are proud of this and brag about not requiring a warrant, order, or evidence of any kind to send your data off to folks.

Got a letterhead that says what they want to hear?  Fax it on in, the world is yours.

Invisibleifoundwaldo

Loc: Denver, CO Flag
Re: Do you guys think that the DEA or any other LE watches sales on Amazon for DMT extraction equipment? [Re: johnm214]
    #13334802 - 10/14/10 07:59 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Unless you're buying a ridiculous amount (e.g. extracting to sell), I'd say there's nothing to worry about.

EDIT: Regarding the paranoia of tracking your IP address... even if they follow up with your ISP and get your mailing address, what are the implications of this?

"YOU! You've basted your last turkey, son!"

They would need a warrant to search your house, and probable cause is not the purchase of common household items from Amazon.

--------------------

Edited by ifoundwaldo (10/14/10 08:00 AM)

Offlinescienceguy
Instrument
Male

Loc: One Mile High... Flag
Re: Do you guys think that the DEA or any other LE watches sales on Amazon for DMT extraction equipment? [Re: ifoundwaldo]
    #13334933 - 10/14/10 08:52 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

If you don't have anything worth money for them to take from you, you're most likely alright.  They're not interested in spending time and money taking you down for no gain.  They're a business too, they just don't have to tell anyone where the money goes.  They want cash and assets, and drugs to resell.  If you don't have a lot of any of them, you really shouldn't worry about it.

--------------------
"Freedom starts between the ears."

Edward Abbey

OfflineUbitsa
Waiting Is
 User Gallery

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Re: Do you guys think that the DEA or any other LE watches sales on Amazon for DMT extraction equipment? [Re: scienceguy]
    #13335144 - 10/14/10 10:14 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Why bother with amazon when they could just look at the IPs of *shroomery* users!  I bet that'd yeild lots of arrests as well :tongue:

The internets are scary business...

--------------------

Invisibleabltsandwich
JFK = Jelly Donut
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dildoville Flag
Re: Do you guys think that the DEA or any other LE watches sales on Amazon for DMT extraction equipment? [Re: Ubitsa]
    #13335371 - 10/14/10 11:22 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I don't think DMT is a huge focus for the DEA in the first place (unlike meth, coke, heroin, MDMA, LSD, grow houses).  I have my suspicions that they may not be WATCHING places like Amazon, but they probably have wares in places that flag people who buy certain things together, and/or in large quantity, to store them in a database if nothing else.  For that reason, I think it's probably safer to piecemeal your supplies from a number of resources, both online and IRL.  It never hurt anyone to be more careful.

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: Do you guys think that the DEA or any other LE watches sales on Amazon for DMT extraction equipment? [Re: abltsandwich]
    #13336037 - 10/14/10 01:57 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

DMT is fucking plutonium, it's the most powerful and strangest drug that I've ever come across.  It baffles my mind that mimosa hostilis is sold freely in the USA.  I guess that since the experience is often so fucked up and unpredictable that there is little risk of it ever really catching on among drug users.  I lump it in with salvia - once most people try it, they move on - even if it legally available.  MHRB has no real addictive potential (besides the pesky addiction that I had with it)and its appeal is similar to sky diving in that it may be fun once or twice but its too horrifying to make it part of your life.  The feds don't give a shit, if they come across it, then they'll act but right now its a niche drug for courageous space cadets under the radar.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

InvisibleIGholowan88
assassin droid
 User Gallery

Re: Do you guys think that the DEA or any other LE watches sales on Amazon for DMT extraction equipment? [Re: abltsandwich]
    #13338464 - 10/15/10 12:48 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

abltsandwich said:
I think it's probably safer to piecemeal your supplies from a number of resources, both online and IRL.  It never hurt anyone to be more careful.

^I second this

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom