Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGoOnThen
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia Flag
RIP Catha edulis ( Trespassing Bastards)
    #13329091 - 10/13/10 02:00 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I’m at work and my wife has rung me to inform me that my Catha edulis ( Khat) tree has to be cut down and removed this week end. :shocked:

We have just had a couple of men try and get into our back yard they couldn’t open our gate so they went though our elderly neighbors gate to get to the tree from their side of the fence.
They were seen by my neighbors and sent on their way.

This is the fourth time we have had trespassing bastards on our property chasing this tree. We cut it down to ground level 3 years ago after the last wanker scared the shit out of my wife when she saw him in our back yard.

I was going to keep it as a hedge below fence level which I had neglected to do :mad2:
I have been waiting for it to set seed then it was getting trimmed so now thanks to these pricks there will be no seed and I will lose a plant that has a special place in my heart.  :frown:

If any of you that are reading this have ever thought about entering or have entered someone’s property to take a cutting of a plant please think about the position it puts the resident of that property in. Just because it is a plant it is still stealing and worst of all you are leaving some one feeling vulnerable on their own property.

It is bad enough that people steal from our homes and yards but these people usually won’t come back again.
The pricks that strip the leaves and new shoots of khat don’t seem to give a shit they just come back again and again until the plant is removed.

There used to be large numbers of Catha edulis here on privet and public land but if things keep going the way they are soon there will be none.

RIP Catha

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekarode13Facebook
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
Re: RIP Catha edulis ( Trespassing Bastards) [Re: GoOnThen]
    #13329220 - 10/13/10 02:45 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

:lophcrankey:

Yeah I feel your anger and can relate to what you say about the owner feeling vulnerable in their home. Not very fair on your missus either and can see where she is coming from.

At least when the tree is gone you two might feel a bit more at ease and things will return to normal in time and the place you stay once again becomes your home instead of someone else's smash and grab drug store.:peyotebutton:

--------------------

InvisibleFleadh
Eh No....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ireland Flag
    #13329226 - 10/13/10 02:48 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

wow, that sucks.

My wifes granny used to grow poppies in her yard and had the same problem so she stopped growing them. People can be wankers.

--------------------
Friendships have come and gone but I always regret the girls I didn't bang

I just dont really care what you think

OfflinetheMallacht
Clandestine Hero

Re: RIP Catha edulis ( Trespassing Bastards) [Re: Fleadh]
    #13329233 - 10/13/10 02:52 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I really feel for you man... I had just commented earlier this evening on how incredible your Khat is in The Official Khat Grower's Thread in the Ethnobotanical Grow Logs sub-forum... Only to now find out that you have to cut it down..... That really sucks man, people can be real assholes, that's for sure. Thieves are one of the worst types of people in the world IMO...

--------------------

Offlinezinyop
Stranger
Re: RIP Catha edulis ( Trespassing Bastards) [Re: theMallacht]
    #13329289 - 10/13/10 03:35 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

my khat brings all the boys to the yard and they're like... its better than yours

i woulda got a vicious dog to deter future incursions and propagated a shit load of them
and sell them out the front of ya place lol
and/or maybe sell fresh plant material (it doesn't store well so i hear)
$10 a leaf
lol

sad story, your action is justified imo

OfflineGoOnThen
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: RIP Catha edulis ( Trespassing Bastards) [Re: zinyop]
    #13329318 - 10/13/10 03:54 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Thank you all and yes it has to go.
I have a wife and family to think about
My old dog passed away 3 years ago and my new one isn’t really up to guard dog standard yet :smile:

Cheers
Got

--------------------

Invisiblekarode13Facebook
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
    #13329340 - 10/13/10 04:17 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

That's one cute pup.:smile:

--------------------

InvisibleFleadh
Eh No....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ireland Flag
Re: RIP Catha edulis ( Trespassing Bastards) [Re: karode13]
    #13329414 - 10/13/10 05:09 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I would feel very sorry for anyone who climbed into my yard as my german shepard would FUBAR them in seconds. He's so much fun and a big horsey of a dog but he has a mean streak a mile long when it comes to anything he's wary about.

--------------------
Friendships have come and gone but I always regret the girls I didn't bang

I just dont really care what you think

InvisibleKBG1977
Re: RIP Catha edulis ( Trespassing Bastards) [Re: Fleadh] * 1
    #13329556 - 10/13/10 06:36 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Damn Dude,that is awful,I had some one actually steal all my plants before.I had just moved into a filthy run down trailer court,but I still had about a week until I was to fully move in.I figured taking all my plants over,and putting them in the yard would be all right,
I mean who would steal plants right??? Well,the next time I went over to take more things,I noticed my gate was open,and every single plant had been hauled off,they didn't leave me shit:mad2:Well,about a month later,I happened to meet my neighbor two trailers down,because she had a yard full of any type of plant you can think of,and I commented on them.Well,she invited me in her yard to have a look,and right away,I noticed some of my pots,and plants.She had all my different colors of Coleus,various pepper plants,among others.I wanted to kick out what teeth she had left,but she then asked if I smoke weed,and I was like hell yeah,so to make a long story short,she became my weed girl,and was my only hook up.I let the plants slide,but get this,this is where Karma comes into play,before I moved out I asked her could she get me a Quarter pound of smoke,and front it to me until I got paid the previous Friday.Well,I knew that I would be moved out by then,so I went for it,and she delivered:)I did all my moving during the later hours,and
I figured I'd get out before she noticed.Well,as I was getting the last car load,she walked up out on nowhere,and said you didn't tell me you were moving,and you better have my money for that QP Friday,because she used her own bill money to get it for me,and she had Bills due.I told her not to worry,and that was the last time I saw that old fat ass Bitch:hehehe:Sorry to hear about your Beautiful Khat man though,and Karma will get them back worse than what they did to you:grin:You don't think it could possibly grow back again,do you???I agree though,because after I got a Big Dog,no one would even step in my yard again:)

InvisibleUrb
Last Man Standing
Male User Gallery

Loc: WhoDat Nation
Re: RIP Catha edulis ( Trespassing Bastards) [Re: KBG1977]
    #13347753 - 10/17/10 11:16 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I can feel your pain.  I moved back down here , NOLA , about8-10 months ago. I brought my travel trailer with me and had to stay in it for awhile at a yard where I was working at.
  The people I was working with started ripping me off for money. I was sposed to make 15% off of the top which is really good money.  All of the sudden  I am not sposed to know how much thejobs are for & come every payay every job was $700 , leaving me to make $105 per job. about half of what I was making.
  I bring a $2300 job to the table & they end up doing it without me. I was sposed to make 25% off it. I get pissed & move out. Leaving my Travel trailer there , as I had no where to put it.They have been renting my traler out . They fucked over me bad.
They break into it , stealing a lot of my stuff & use the bobcat to bulldoze my garden. Luckily I had taken a lot of my cacti with me , but not all.  I lost prolly about 10-15 of my larger pachs & a slew of others. I just found this out yesterday. I called one of them , (there are brothers) he claims that he has been calling me for days. My phone has a caller ID & a message service.  These guys go to church every weekend & yet they have no qualms about stealing , lying , beating & cheating just about anyone.  I'm so pissed my hands are shaking rightnow.
I cannot let this slide. They are so lucky that I got the jist of my collection out , well maybe I am , as i would be in jail right now.

--------------------
Texas Honey Badger said:
I went to boys town in Nuevo Laredo when I was in my early ‘30s
There was a bunch of trannys even way back then
I paid probably $20 but I was so drunk I couldn’t get a hard on:faded:
-Whenever you hear 5 blasts from the emergency horn that’s the signal for a 30 minute buttfucking break-      Fiery said:
I wish I was a young sexy woman so I could have awesome sexy adventures all the time[/quote]
split_by_nine said:
i did the man bun.[/quote]
1234go said:
I don't have a dog. I can't stand em...They're needy animals for needy people.

OnlineLC89
OffGrid Since 2018
Male User Gallery

Loc: Town of Diego Cali
Re: RIP Catha edulis ( Trespassing Bastards) [Re: Urb]
    #13349280 - 10/17/10 06:07 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I'm deeply sorry about your situation. Have you thought root some cuttings for indoor growing before you chop it down? I think maybe you should get a dog. OR you can spray your fence and leaf that they could reach with pepper spray!!

--------------------
:thumbup:I have many strains(include rustica) of tobacco.

Looking gourmet mushroom/cube

Offlineturtle_hermit
Psychedelic Ranger
 User Gallery

Re: RIP Catha edulis ( Trespassing Bastards) [Re: LC89]
    #13350257 - 10/17/10 09:52 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I agree you should definitely save as many cuttings as possible so as to not let it go completely by the way side. How old is it, as it is quite huge.

OfflineGoOnThen
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: RIP Catha edulis ( Trespassing Bastards) [Re: turtle_hermit]
    #13350995 - 10/18/10 03:00 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Well the deed is done

On Saturday I cut the Catha back to the old stump and soaked what was left in roundup.

It is no more

Because this is an old tree 20 years + that has been chopped down at least twice before there was a number of suckers that had roots. I was able to remove at least ten pieces with roots and pot them up. I will retain a couple of these plants to plant behind my shed. I will still need to keep them trimmed so they stay out of sight but at least I will be should be able to continue to grow this plant.

The thought of having to put in security measures i.e. signs, security lights and cameras just does not sit well with me. I live in a quiet area  on a half acre block which is fully fenced with 1.8 metre fence if this is not enough of a deterrent then  will remove the offending plants.
I will always take whatever steps I have to protect my family and in this case my elderly neighbour.

I can understand the  single guys thinking  fuck them I’m going to fight back and 25 years ago I would have thought the same but now with a wife and two daughters  at home they don’t need to be put through this.
These are big African men if I walked out of my door and saw one of these guys in my back yard I would probably shit myself.

Thanks again for all of your thoughts and suggestions on this.

On a brighter note I will be collecting seeds soon of a mate’s tree and to this point he hasn’t had any trouble. :cool:

Cheers
Got

--------------------

Offlinetotal
Post Office Tyvek Advocator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13354874 - 10/18/10 10:07 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I bet if they would have knocked, and asked nicely, you would have given them more than enough cuttings to grow out :-D
Some people just dont understand and have to be greedy only thinking of ones self :shrug:

OfflineGoOnThen
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: RIP Catha edulis ( Trespassing Bastards) [Re: total]
    #13355008 - 10/18/10 10:51 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

These guys are not interested in growing they just won’t to chew the leaves and tips.
They will rape a tree until it is just a few sticks and then go and find another one
The reason they are targeting private trees is all of the trees in parks and public land have been removed because they had been ripped to pieces. They don’t even just take tips they rip of whole branches  :mad2:

Cheers
Got

--------------------

Offlinetotal
Post Office Tyvek Advocator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13355042 - 10/18/10 10:58 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

:madpirate:

Invisiblescruffymafia
Dreamer

Loc: Wonderland
. [Re: GoOnThen]
    #13355481 - 10/19/10 01:22 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
This is the strangest life I've ever known.

Edited by scruffymafia (06/21/20 02:07 AM)

OfflinePixieDust
Female User Gallery

Loc: where the wild things are Flag
Re: RIP Catha edulis ( Trespassing Bastards) [Re: scruffymafia]
    #13355914 - 10/19/10 06:42 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Absolute cunts. So sorry to hear that! RIP Catha edulis!
Long live the roots!

--------------------

OfflineaehePh4k
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: RIP Catha edulis ( Trespassing Bastards) [Re: PixieDust]
    #13416896 - 11/01/10 03:56 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

that sucks big time, might want to keep a couple indoors

here my new life

(couple got attacked by spider mites)

Edited by aehePh4k (11/01/10 08:55 PM)

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Loc: Darkside of the moon Flag
Re: RIP Catha edulis ( Trespassing Bastards) [Re: GoOnThen] * 1
    #19410203 - 01/12/14 09:09 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

In your honor. In the ground.

I remember you saying some bastards took your khat and I said I would plant mine in ground. It took me a while and now its growing good. Pretty old thread and I hope people dont have a shit fit for brining up an old thread.

I remember from the khat growers thread.

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck