Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Imperfect Human = Imperfect Creator
    #13298535 - 10/06/10 12:40 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Without contorting logic too much, this would seem to be a natural conclusion.

So it would seem that we have two options:

1. There is no Creator.

2. The Creator is less than perfect.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSleepwalker
Overshoes

Re: Imperfect Human = Imperfect Creator [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #13298585 - 10/06/10 12:49 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

What exactly is perfection?
An imperfect human could lack the ability to understand why a perfect creator would have such a creation...
  but that doesn't really say much.

You couldn't get your fill of nonsense Creator talk in that other thread? :strokebeard:

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Imperfect Human = Imperfect Creator [Re: Sleepwalker]
    #13298603 - 10/06/10 12:56 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, but this is totally different nonsense...

Or not.

--------------------

OfflineAlphaFalfa
imagine

Loc: 3 Seconds Ago. Flag
    #13298774 - 10/06/10 01:35 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Oweyervishice said:
An imperfect human could lack the ability to understand why a perfect creator would have such a creation...

You couldn't get your fill of nonsense Creator talk in that other thread? :strokebeard:

That impossible to assert because it could because the relevancy of imperfection spans to the very phrase you wrote. For example, if it is logical to deduce the possibility that we may have knowledge at all, but some forms of knowledge are unattainable, due to our imperfections, then we have absolutely NO backing for our initial assertion which is the basis to both arguments; that we can't have knowledge due to our imperfection. Thus it really is a self-refutting argument, you can't just make a claim like 'we are imperfect' thus we can perfectly know what we will never understand....because you assertain that we are perfect within it, to some extent and thus cancelling out the possibility that we are imperfect....for it is obsious....that which is imperfect can never be perfect and yet, in what you think is logical, you unknowingly assert that.

--------------------
if you ever feel lost, just remember, life is not a journey, it is entertainment, all 4 fun...

OfflineSpace Elf
 User Gallery

#13299088 - 10/06/10 02:44 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

In my opinion, you have to be perfect to understand what that word even means. I believe you would also have to know literally everything.

--------------------

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: Imperfect Human = Imperfect Creator [Re: OrgoneConclusion] * 1
    #13299146 - 10/06/10 02:56 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:

1. There is no Creator.

In order for us to even talk about whether or not humans are perfect, that implies humans were created with archetype/ideal in mind, and that whoever created humans fucked up. Even IF we say that humans were created by someone, in order to say whether or not we are perfect we would have to know what the intention of the creator was.

Since no one has god's cell phone number or email address we cannot discuss this at all

/thread

--------------------

Offlineimrtl_rku
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Imperfect Human = Imperfect Creator [Re: learningtofly]
    #13299191 - 10/06/10 03:05 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Perfect should just be removed from the dictionary. It is subjective at the very least. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that shit.

--------------------
Everything posted by this user is completely false. All information and pictures are retrieved from google search.

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: Imperfect Human = Imperfect Creator [Re: imrtl_rku]
    #13299611 - 10/06/10 04:30 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Creator of disease and illness.

It doesn't make sense, if God was perfect wouldn't we be in heaven? Why would this all powerful creator want us to suffer. I guess death can be heaven in that sense that it is all over, no more pain. Except for the pain left behind from those who were family or friends of a person who has died.

I certainly don't believe in some kind of creator. But as life goes on and we discover ways to heal and cure these cancers, these illnesses. The closer we come to a perfect world.

If god can't, let us do it. Make this world a better place, eliminate the hate, the anger, spread the good vibes of love and compassion for all that exists. I express myself in this way knowing that it's the best possible answer to what I'm here for.

The things that make you feel good are the things you want closest to you.

Let's all sit down now and spread the love. <3

Peace and Compassion,
Droz

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: Imperfect Human = Imperfect Creator [Re: Droz] * 2
    #13299619 - 10/06/10 04:31 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Here is the problem to end all of this nonsense: You are all using your own subjective definition of perfect, i.e. what YOU think is perfect.

--------------------

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: Imperfect Human = Imperfect Creator [Re: learningtofly]
    #13299674 - 10/06/10 04:40 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

True I was thinking perfection on the lines of physical well being.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
    #13300105 - 10/06/10 06:09 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:

1. There is no Creator.

If the Creator is incapable of creating something that is less-than-perfect, then S/He is not a perfect Creator; a pefect Creator would have no limits to what S/He is able to create. :god:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Imperfect Human = Imperfect Creator [Re: Poid]
    #13300140 - 10/06/10 06:16 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

You are clear proof of an imperfect Creator. :smirk:

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13300168 - 10/06/10 06:20 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

No need to rub it in. :crying:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisibleSleepwalker
Overshoes

Re: Imperfect Human = Imperfect Creator [Re: AlphaFalfa]
    #13302530 - 10/07/10 06:20 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

AlphaFalfa said:
Quote:

Oweyervishice said:

That impossible to assert because it could because the relevancy of imperfection spans to the very phrase you wrote. For example, if it is logical to deduce the possibility that we may have knowledge at all, but some forms of knowledge are unattainable, due to our imperfections, then we have absolutely NO backing for our initial assertion which is the basis to both arguments; that we can't have knowledge due to our imperfection. Thus it really is a self-refutting argument, you can't just make a claim like 'we are imperfect' thus we can perfectly know what we will never understand....because you assertain that we are perfect within it, to some extent and thus cancelling out the possibility that we are imperfect....for it is obsious....that which is imperfect can never be perfect and yet, in what you think is logical, you unknowingly assert that.

Nah.  Is this God omnipotent?  Then a world could exist where I'm correct.  Neener-neener.

OfflineAlphaFalfa
imagine

Loc: 3 Seconds Ago. Flag
    #13302794 - 10/07/10 08:19 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
if you ever feel lost, just remember, life is not a journey, it is entertainment, all 4 fun...

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Imperfect Human = Imperfect Creator [Re: AlphaFalfa]
    #13304694 - 10/07/10 04:01 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

:datass:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Imperfect Human = Imperfect Creator [Re: Poid]
    #13305290 - 10/07/10 06:24 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

If snow white bunnies were genetically selected to be totally fucking adorable, why do foxes and eagles and coyotes still eat them?

--------------------

OfflineI AM SWIM
doin' thangs
 User Gallery

Loc: Feels Changsta Man
Re: Imperfect Human = Imperfect Creator [Re: OrgoneConclusion] * 1
    #13305350 - 10/07/10 06:38 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
If snow white bunnies were genetically selected to be totally fucking adorable, why do foxes and eagles and coyotes still eat them?

because

&

--------------------

OfflinejivJaN
yes
Male User Gallery

#13307384 - 10/08/10 05:41 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Imperfect Human = Imperfect Creator

bla

from yahoo answers

Does PERFECT geometry occur in nature if yes where?

and a gentleman with the alias "Engineer" replied

This is a very interesting question really. I am assuming you mean an ideal shape such as a circle or something. I think a good case that the path of a photon traveling far from any large objects is a perfectly straight line. Another example might be the crystal lattice of a crystalline substance. There are certainly parts of the crystal that will be flawless and will have in essence a perfect geometry. A largish planet that happens to have escaped it's solar system that is floating through space all by itself, if it is not spinning, will have a virtually perfectly spherical shape. Surely the Universe is large enough that there is at least one such example.

However if you think about this carefully you might conclude that all shapes in nature are essentially perfect in that they are perfect responses to the forces acting on the them.

--------------------

---------------------

All my posts in this forum are strictly fictional.
They are derived from an acute mental illness , from which i am forced to lie compulsively.
I have never induced any kind of mind altering substance in my life  and i have no intentions whatsoever of doing anything illegal.
If I have ever suggested such a thing it would have most likely been , due to my personality disorder and i probably do not remember it at all..

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: Imperfect Human = Imperfect Creator [Re: jivJaN]
    #13307843 - 10/08/10 09:15 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hear ye, Hear ye!

Perfection is attained by lacking fault or error or 'imperfection'.

The word 'perfect' comes from something like 'per'='through' + 'facere'='do/make'. Some production that was considered perfect had been completed and thus was no longer subject to further productions. Any faults would be acted on and thus require further production and once all faults had been accounted for, it was perfect.

Nowadays we have an idea of perfection as being also 'good' or somehow morally ideal.

When people say God is perfect they just mean 'We don't believe you if you diss God in any way'.

What is a perfect god? No one could possibly know. Why would the perfect god be partial towards good or evil?

The Abrahamic religions stress god's perfection, however they also isolate and personify god, giving it preferences and partialities. The eastern view of god however, according to Krishna, is that god is impartial to everything and is accepting of all creation, for all creation IS God/'s. It seems to be logical to conclude that God likes (loves!) everything because of course he is in control of everything.

Perhaps a perfect god creates seemingly imperfect creations? Without knowing what the true purpose of the universe is, how could anyone possibly make a connection between perfect god and our own conception of complete/true/perfect?
Who is to say a perfect human being should have a perfect understanding of themselves? Perhaps the role of the human's understanding is not to obtain perfection but to direct constant development/evolution of organisation in the universe. In this sense, we may be playing our role without error and thus be perfect beings, even if our existance does not involve being perfect in our own eyes.

Remember, the people who talk about their perfect god tend to believe in a divine judgement that is more important than human judgement. To say god is perfect is very simply to say: God is the greater source of right and wrong, and has declared his own perfection, thus, no criticisms of God apply.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order