Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesve
ape
Female User Gallery

Parasol mystery solved - help needed
    #13267355 - 09/29/10 10:08 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I found a parasol over the summer and it was one of the best things I have ever eaten in my life. Since then I have been going to that spot looking for them every week with no success. At first I figured it was because of the drought, and then when it had started to rain again I figured it was just too cold even though it's still mostly sundress weather.

The second-to-last time I was there I saw a woman leaving the parasol spot I know with a bag just as I was getting there. I wasn't sure if she had just been hiking and stopped to rest, but yesterday I saw her there again, along with her husband. He spoke to me and asked me if I was hunting mushrooms. I said yes and he began asking me if I had seen a few types of edibles. I told him what I knew and then asked if he had seen the parasols that grow there. He said yes and that he'd gotten them the day before. I asked if they grow more widely in that area or if it was just the one spot. I thought it was an okay thing to ask because he'd asked me things too but he gave me a mean look and pretended to not understand what I was saying.

So the mystery is solved about why I haven't seen a damn thing growing there. There is supposed to be a whole lot of rain tomorrow. How long after rain do parasols start to grow? How long do they take to get big enough to pick? I don't want to take many of them but I'd like to get a couple to share with my grandpa before it gets actually too cold.

I'm having a really hard time figuring out where they grow there because the guy takes the stems along with the caps.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShockValue
Because, ShockValue.

Loc: Tipping at windmills.
Re: Parasol mystery solved - help needed [Re: sve]
    #13267406 - 09/29/10 10:21 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

In my area they usually take a couple days to mature.  I have to say though I can never predict when the C.rachodes are going to show up.  If you were in the PNW I would tell you to screw the lawns and head in the woods.  I find tons of C.olivieri once it starts getting wet and cool around here.  Not sure if they grow in your area or not though.

--------------------
  • When we built temples to view the stars, we knew about all 2000 of them.

OfflineDarklight203
Same Shit
Male

Loc: Nome, Alaska Flag
Re: Parasol mystery solved - help needed [Re: ShockValue]
    #13267889 - 09/30/10 12:22 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

From what I've read here, C. rhacodes lives in tree tuft. Hop into the woods deeper than most usually go and chances are, if there's conifers(I think) around, you'll eventually run into some.
My recent trip into the woods, I went in a forest picked quite a bit, but had to go much deeper than the typical hunters went in that area and bam, hundreds of C. rhacodes=D

--------------------
In ancient times, when demons roamed with man, They hunted, loved and lost, hand in hand, As time went on, the difference between them faded. You couldn't tell anymore, demons and man were related, and some would say the same, but who would like to claim? In time, Gods had even forgot, Demons, too, once love had sought. In times recent I remember, Once I was a man, In my heart I had an ember, I'll relate the best I can but it was snuffed, one distant December. And yet here I stand, no flesh, no bones, no seed or semen, All that's left is this Demon.

Offlinesve
ape
Female User Gallery

Re: Parasol mystery solved - help needed [Re: Darklight203]
    #13269100 - 09/30/10 09:35 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Ohh, by parasol I mean Macrolepiota procera. Later that day I went into another area that had some pines scattered around and found a bunch of mushrooms that looked almost-but-not-quite like by beloved M. procera. They were smaller and had a bit of a reddishness to them and definitely look like something that will fit into Lepiota/Macrolepiota/Chlorophyllum.

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
    #13269255 - 09/30/10 10:23 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Chlorophyllum rhacodes, most likely. They are equally yummy.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

OfflineDarklight203
Same Shit
Male

Loc: Nome, Alaska Flag
    #13270239 - 09/30/10 01:39 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

sve said:
Ohh, by parasol I mean Macrolepiota procera. Later that day I went into another area that had some pines scattered around and found a bunch of mushrooms that looked almost-but-not-quite like by beloved M. procera. They were smaller and had a bit of a reddishness to them and definitely look like something that will fit into Lepiota/Macrolepiota/Chlorophyllum.

Ah ok parasol is M. procera, had them mixed up I guess. C. rhacodes must be the shaggy parasol then=D Ok i'm caught up.

--------------------
In ancient times, when demons roamed with man, They hunted, loved and lost, hand in hand, As time went on, the difference between them faded. You couldn't tell anymore, demons and man were related, and some would say the same, but who would like to claim? In time, Gods had even forgot, Demons, too, once love had sought. In times recent I remember, Once I was a man, In my heart I had an ember, I'll relate the best I can but it was snuffed, one distant December. And yet here I stand, no flesh, no bones, no seed or semen, All that's left is this Demon.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds