Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChicken_Hunter
combat evolved
Blue Meanie Attributes?
    #1326689 - 02/22/03 01:07 PM (21 years, 30 days ago)

I think i stumbled onto some blue meanies, so i looked back on previous posts about them and yes they do look very similar if not identical, but mine turned totally blue after picking.. Just wondering, after they have been picked, does the whole mushroom turn blue.. hence blue meanie, because thats what these fellas are doing, unlike the P cubies i have..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Blue Meanie Attributes? [Re: Chicken_Hunter]
    #1326802 - 02/22/03 01:58 PM (21 years, 30 days ago)

blue meanies do bruise easily.
if you are refrigerating them at overly cold temps, or over handling them, they will blue extensively. it has been said, and it stands to reason, that exessive oxidation leads to decreased potency.
[edit: edited for punctuation]

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Edited by concretefeet (02/23/03 10:12 AM)

Offlinecube421
420guy
Loc: TX
    #1328356 - 02/23/03 08:08 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

you think you stumbled onto some blue meanies? Where are you located, once we know that then we can tell you if they are.

does the whole thing turn blue? every mush is different- I've seen Copes that barely bruise and some that bruise outrageously.

OfflineChicken_Hunter
combat evolved
Re: Blue Meanie Attributes? [Re: cube421]
    #1329517 - 02/23/03 05:45 PM (21 years, 29 days ago)

i am in southeast queensland, Australia...

And just a short while after picking they were blueing fast, after about 2 hrs almost totally blue.. And they looked very similar to the pics that were posted on this forum..

Then again they may not be, i didnt eat any but 2 of my friends did, maybe 12-15 grams fresh each and both had pretty intense trips.. And i was planning on going for a hunt for some P cubies that day, which i did and found about 30 grams, by the time i got to eating, those "bluemeanies" werent to fresh, edible yes, but i have a hard time getting perfectly fresh shrooms down, letalone ones that have been sitting for a while...

Offlineclancy
Stranger
    #1329925 - 02/23/03 08:57 PM (21 years, 29 days ago)

ya i've been hunting a bit in brisbane the last couple of days
great shroom weather at the moment, can't wait until the weekend

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1330065 - 02/23/03 11:00 PM (21 years, 28 days ago)

Whoa, you've managed to find shrooms already? I thought the weather in Oz has been really hot and dry lately? Does this mean NZ shroom season could be underway?

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #1332039 - 02/24/03 02:11 PM (21 years, 28 days ago)

in the future, you should remember that it is your responsibility as a mushroom hunter not to let others eat mushrooms you have found untill you are sure on the ID.
i'm glad your luck turned out good.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineChicken_Hunter
combat evolved
Re: Blue Meanie Attributes? [Re: canid]
    #1332922 - 02/24/03 10:26 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

yeah, i didnt find them, my friends did, they showed me and i told them they were active but didnt know what they were, they went off and tripped balls of them... Anyway, i wouldnt care if they died, dun realy like them anyway..

And yes its good shroom weather now, here in southeat qld, we went from the worst drought in history to flood, its almost been raining non stop for like a month, my whole property is like a swamp, too wet for shrooms in a lot of places

Offlinebrizvegasguy
Stranger
    #1333070 - 02/25/03 01:06 AM (21 years, 27 days ago)

i'm in brisbane too and with this rain it seems that mushrooms are exploding up everywhere.. the problem is though with this much heavy rain they don't seem to last long before they get pummelled by the next lot of rain..

anyway i've only been looking today and already i've found shoppings bags worth (didn't pick them all though) of different kinds of shrooms.. unfortunately when it comes to ID'ing i don't know my ass from my elbow so I've just been collecting some and taking pictures.. if you wanna see the shrooms i've found in my patch of brisbane.. have a look

http://shrooms.mypicgallery.com/
http://shrooms2.mypicgallery.com/

if you have any ideas about any of them, lemme know =D

or even better.. lemme know where i can find some blue meanies or gold tops =D

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures