Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
I love getting f*u*c*k*e*d up on mushrooms!!!!
    #1324781 - 02/21/03 11:33 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

"Mushrooms are not for eating and getting 'fucked up' on at parties. They are a spiritual tool that must only be used in an atmosphere of DEAD SERIOUSNESS for expanding your mind."

Ok, I'm exagerrating a little bit with the "atmosphere of seriousness" but I'm getting a little sick of seeing the above sentence in so many threads in this forum and in so many trip reports. I've also heard friends and acquaintances talk about how some people who take mushrooms are so dumb, getting off on it but not recieving any powerful "spiritual insights". People I know used to be like "I think that the visual part of the mushroom trip is the shallow useless part." I always enjoyed the visuals and got a lot out of them so I defended myself against these elitest trippers. Cause after all, there was a time when people used EVERY part of the buffallo. Brushing off any aspect of the mushroom trip as trivial is like not making condoms out of the seemingly useless sheep intestines.

On the one hand, I say "shroomers of all kinds unite!" but on the other hand y'know what? People who eat mushrooms with NO concept of them being a life form fucking suck! I mean, how can you eat these shrivelled little dry sticks in a bag and then be like "Hmmm that was fun (maybe even enlightening) but I really don't care to learn about mushrooms of any kind. I don't want to know about how they're grown, and the concept of hallucinogenic mushrooms growing in my own closet for me to eat at my leisure sounds WAY more boring than watching TV, chasing girls, and drinking beers!"

Ok, I'm back on board, people who eat mushrooms just to get "fucked up" are sacks of shit. As a superior intellect and a spiritualy mature being, I condemn ALL the dumbasses in the world to themselves for ALL TIME.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: I love getting f*u*c*k*e*d up on mushrooms!!!! [Re: Dogomush]
    #1325114 - 02/21/03 02:56 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Although I agree with you in heart, I just havn't found and met enough people who share those same desires like you and I. I guess some people take mushrooms as just another drug to get high off, while some try them then never touch them again because of the reality shock they go through. I find that its these people that are more easily coerced into thinking that mushrooms are drugs and that are dangerous and can lead to all sorts of bad things, these types of people are just simply stuck in their own delusions, if fact we all are stuck in are own delusion, whether it be religion, reality, or life in general, but to those few who can open their minds and look and understand beyond the norm, to look beyond the sometimes geekiness or philasophical expressions that few people who have experienced mushrooms to their full potential and that have learn from them, can go with them, a knowledge that can only be learned throught the expanded mind. Some people cannot face the fact that there is more to life than what they know and what they have been taught as children. and they all fear the truth. Personally, as a human being, I cannot expect everyone I meet or befriend to have the same kind of enthusiasm, respect and knowledge for mushrooms as I, I certainly try my best, but for me, If I can at least dispell myths and mislead information about mushrooms then I feel better knowing that they have been exposed to that small percentage of lucky individuals who have been to another level.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #1325846 - 02/22/03 03:42 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

jonathan ott used a word "ludibund" - something like purposeful play...
and "having fun" can be a legitimate reason...
however, with such powerful catalysts, it is for sure a possibility that you can go a little deeper than you  plan for, once in a while... hehheh... and get slapped upside the head with a (real or imagined? & is there a difference? well, maybe in the post-revelatory analysis, eh?) cosmic truth...
and lila, sacred play, can be a cosmic truth of its own, sometimes :wink: ...
shiva dances...
buddha smiles...
jesus laughs...
krisha makes love...
coyote capers...
children (of all ages) play...
~
and here we are
~
~

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #1326173 - 02/22/03 07:51 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I am sick of seeing it too.

--------------------

OfflineCockyMandrill
addict

Re: I love getting f*u*c*k*e*d up on mushrooms!!!! [Re: Revelation]
    #1326179 - 02/22/03 07:55 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Why don't you let the mushroom teach you how to just accept that not everyone is here for learning, I am, you are, so just make sure you never abuse them and don't worry about what other people do.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1326189 - 02/22/03 08:09 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think that what those people fail to understand is that hedonism can be a spiritual thing sometimes. There's nothing wrong with having fun. Fun is a part of spirituality as well. After all, laughter, they say, is the language of the soul.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: I love getting f*u*c*k*e*d up on mushrooms!!!! [Re: silversoul7]
    #1326482 - 02/22/03 11:04 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah it's like

"mushrooms are a sacred sacrament essential to my pursuit of enlightenment and I shudder to think of the heathens disrespectfully ingesting my holy fungus."

And I mean, sure, but another point of view is that it's just a fucking mushroom, some of them grow on SHIT for christ's sake!

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1326489 - 02/22/03 11:10 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

What's interesting is these people seem to think they're so enlightened and can see beyond all the silly rules of society and religion, yet they're adhering to the Puritanical idea that fun and spirituality are diametrically opposed.

--------------------

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

#1326496 - 02/22/03 11:12 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, well put, didn't know how to say that

OfflineFcuerkt
insane visionary

Loc: the center of a xenon ato...
    #1326603 - 02/22/03 12:25 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Personally, I wish there was a strain that _didn't_ fuck you up. I see all these beautiful things and think all these beautiful thoughts, but I'm too damn trashed to write them down, or draw a picture, or tell my buddies. Worst of all, the more you eat the more fucked up you get. I'm certian I've forgotten all of my coolest visuals.

OfflineCockyMandrill
addict

Re: I love getting f*u*c*k*e*d up on mushrooms!!!! [Re: Fcuerkt]
    #1326710 - 02/22/03 01:17 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

BTW syrian rue makes you more level headed during a trip and you can recall it better, but beware you will be tripping extremely hard with any dose above 3g.

I don't consider myself spiritual, but i do consider mushrooms an incredible learning tool.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1330422 - 02/24/03 03:02 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Bump!

I've given my thoughts on the subject. I'd like to hear some other people's opinions.

--------------------

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
    #1330992 - 02/24/03 07:15 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Here is my ideology SilverSoul7:

" Death is enevidible, therefore Fun is enevidible, I almost always only do things to get what I want, however i will never withold the answer to the riddle from anyone who asks, sometimes i like to share it freely. The world is the world and i am not of the world, but rather experiencing my wishes through the world "

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

Edited by ViBrAnT (02/24/03 07:18 AM)

Anonymous

#1331042 - 02/24/03 07:34 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

my thoughts:

mushrooms are sacred. they are a tool. people who use them for purely recreational reasons are wasting this, they are missing out. they don't respect the mushroom. but they're only hurting themselves... it is they who miss out. it's their decision, so it doesn't bother me. i would never sell or give mushrooms to someone that didn't respect them though. that to me, is wasteful. but if they grow their own or buy them somewhere else and just eat them to get fucked up and giggle at the wall for a few hours, that's their own business.

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
Re: I love getting f*u*c*k*e*d up on mushrooms!!!! [Re: ]
    #1331591 - 02/24/03 11:28 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, i know what your saying, a lot of people i know will come up to me and say shit like 'wow i ate 3g of shrooms on sat, i got so fucked'
that really pisses me off..they only do it cause it's cool to do.
but i don't see anything wrong with doing them for a little fun now and then either, i'm not always looking for something when i trip,sometimes, i just have a good time.

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: I love getting f*u*c*k*e*d up on mushrooms!!!! [Re: soylent_green]
    #1333006 - 02/25/03 12:01 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I used to trip on shrooms just for fun and visuals
Then my first acid trip immediately sent me deep into the whole spiritual kick from which i've never returned.

if you're tripping with friends it's really fun to just sit around laughing and saying funny shit that doesn't make sense, or better yet do some group activity like drawing or building a campfire or something. (or moving a couch!)
it's also really fun to move your body in any way... dancing, or doing martial-art type shit, or skateboarding, or just running around jumping.

tripping makes me feel very human, and I like to do anything any human can do that makes you feel good, whether it's focusing on my mind or my body.

i don't think it's necessary to be too conscious of this ultimate spiritual side of it.. though it can be very beautiful if you are. for me, it is usually a process of reuniting me with my childhood and forming some holy bond with the universe and every lifeform in it. personally i can't think of anything more beautiful than that feeling.
but that's just me.

and visuals are just plain awesome.

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
Re: I love getting f*u*c*k*e*d up on mushrooms!!!! [Re: Grav]
    #1333093 - 02/25/03 01:29 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Edited by TheHateCamel (12/07/07 06:10 PM)

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: I love getting f*u*c*k*e*d up on mushrooms!!!! [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #1737199 - 07/22/03 01:54 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I once knew a man who learned to hate shrooms for the exact reasons why people love them.

"they make you think you understand the universe, but you are actually full of shit and none of it is real" is what he would say when I would approach him about the drug.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
Re: I love getting f*u*c*k*e*d up on mushrooms!!!! [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1737453 - 07/22/03 05:07 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I totally agree, i have said the same thing before.

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #1737663 - 07/22/03 07:53 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Mushrooms are self regulating.
They can only show you, what you are capable of perceiving.
It all has to do with letting go of your "mask", the more you get rid of the mask the higher or deeper they can take you
Because is up to the individual.
I consider them a sacrament, why?
Because is the only thing so far I have found that gave me the experiences beyond the ordinary, what I can only call spiritual.
I found the "aleph" thru the mushrooms.
Saying that, does not mean I have no fun with then on the contrary, it is better than going to Disneyland.
I respect them, the respect that I have is born from a feeling that they arouse in me, I hold them in my hand and I know that they are truly magic, that?s me.
Other people may not feel the same, maybe because they never had a brake true into the magical world, who knows.
Is like falling in love, some people go thru there hole life with out experience it, and then they say I don?t know what?s the "big deal of falling in love" is evident that they never did.
My humble opinion.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies