Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Server Upgrade Donations via Mail- Do it
    #13234702 - 09/23/10 06:51 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

You guys used to take store payments by mail and at one point stopped, saying it was a hassle and people got bitchy waiting for the credit to be processed on your end and the product to be delivered (supporter account, whatever).

The Iraqi Minister of Information's been shilling for a new server for a bit now, so maybe you guys should allow donations. if not store payments, via mail (cash, money order) since there's no credit to the donator to bitch about like there would be with supporter accounts or whatnot.

Just a thought, perhaps others would donate, like me, that don't want to use credit cards, ACH, or feel like dealing with the hassle and expense of buying a single-use credit card.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
Re: Server Upgrade Donations via Mail- Do it [Re: johnm214]
    #13234835 - 09/23/10 07:48 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Damn, thank you for reminding me. I forgot about that message, I need to change it back. We've had the new servers for a couple months now. I'm just slacking a little and they aren't operational yet. Because we're adding redundancy, the new configuration is somewhat more complicated than our current setup and it's not a simple matter of just copying the site over. But I'll finish soon, I promise. Incidentally, geo recently mentioned that our finances are back to where they were before the upgrade, so we should be very well positioned for any future needs. Thanks so much to everyone who donated!! :heart:

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: Server Upgrade Donations via Mail- Do it [Re: Ythan]
    #13235135 - 09/23/10 09:58 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

well, you should take mail-in payments anyways

I can't imagine I'm peculiar in not wanting to use credit cards, bank accounts, or having to purchase a single-use credit card in some fixed denomination, and I'd imagine the site would get some more supporter accounts sold.

Perhaps a minimum-dollar amount and a warning to not bitch before a month or whatever has passed since mailing in the payment would suffice to stop the hassles.

(guess I missed the server shenanigans, was away for a bit)

InvisibledrSE
Pseudo Reality
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Twighlight Zone
Re: Server Upgrade Donations via Mail- Do it [Re: johnm214]
    #13236638 - 09/23/10 03:28 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:

Perhaps a minimum-dollar amount and a warning to not bitch before a month or whatever has passed since mailing in the payment would suffice to stop the hassles.

as lovely as that would be and simple enough to read and understand even for a 10 year old.  A lot of people here can't grasp that anti-bitch behavior. Which is one of the most pathetic things ever.  (remember the point system)...

I hate how PC this world is anymore.  People ruin everything for everyone because they feel the need to be stubborn tards and fight for nothing.

--------------------
Grow Room

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom